• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wichu

If anyone decides to clone one of their 5v shiny pokemon.....Holla at jurrboi, UaK I'll take one : D

Also, GFaqs is saying there's basically an instacheck for battling, people can see your whole team, ev's, iv's, moves, what move you picked for the battle, and some more I think. If true, that is some wild shit.

Yeah, there's a thread on it in the main Gaming forum here :/

If anyone decides to clone one of their 5v shiny pokemon.....Holla at jurrboi, UaK I'll take one : D

Also, GFaqs is saying there's basically an instacheck for battling, people can see your whole team, ev's, iv's, moves, what move you picked for the battle, and some more I think. If true, that is some wild shit.

They probably got the info from our thread on GAF.

Wichu

Oh didn't even know lol.

I hope all this breeding I did doesn't go to waste cause some fuckers wanna use a program to beat my ass...

It'll be a minority of players using it (probably about the same as the number of people using Wondertomb in gen 4). The only reason it's a big deal is because people will use it to cheat in the online VGC qualifier.

Holmes

Does anyone have a Bold Ditto or Pokemon in the Dragon egg group that I may borrow for like 5 minutes? I just want to make one Bold Goomy and I can handle it from there and will promptly return it. Thank you very much.

rac

Banned
Does anyone have a Bold Ditto or Pokemon in the Dragon egg group that I may borrow for like 5 minutes? I just want to make one Bold Goomy and I can handle it from there and will promptly return it. Thank you very much.

I've got a bold ditto you can borrow, only 2 IVs though.
FC: 2664 2221 8385

Wichu

I have a 4IV female bold Goomy in a Dive Ball (or just a bunch of 2IV Bold Ditto). Take your pick.

On a similar note, anyone have a x/31/31/x/31/31, 31/x/31/x/31/31, 31/31/x/x/31/31 or 31/31/31/x/x/31 Ditto (any nature) I could borrow for a day or two? I'd be willing to give you a 5IV Pokémon for the trouble.

DedValve

Banned
Does anyone know where you can find the light clay?

Also anyone up for a battle? This will be my first team built semi-competitively (most of them have 4 iv's, 2 of them have 3 iv's) and I'm interested to see how well I did.

My FC: 1134-0996-7217
IGN: Don Quixote

Kokonoe

Banned
Cloning game exclusive stones?!

Hz5di.png

Oh crap. I have a friend that accidently tossed his Charizard with the Y Mega Stone. This'll be good news.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does anyone know where you can find the light clay?

Also anyone up for a battle? This will be my first team built semi-competitively (most of them have 4 iv's, 2 of them have 3 iv's) and I'm interested to see how well I did.

My FC: 1134-0996-7217
IGN: Don Quixote

You can find them on goletts in the wild. Be sure to lead with compound eyes and a pokemon with frisk, seeing that the chances of them carrying it are I think around 5%?

Also sure I'll battle. FC is 5000 2377 2427

DedValve

Banned
You can find them on goletts in the wild. Be sure to lead with compound eyes and a pokemon with frisk, seeing that the chances of them carrying it are I think around 5%?

Also sure I'll battle. FC is 5000 2377 2427

uggghhh thats such a low percentage. I guess I'll get around to that eventually.

I'll add you now and head online!

coopolon

how quickly do writs go into effect? will the pokemon be up increased levels as soon as I send the writ, or is it only good for trainers who come after the writ?

I need to get into the FC listings!!!

Here's mine:

5000 2320 6173

I'm going to try to get started on breeding and perfecting a team now. I still need Zygarde too. Can't seem to get anywhere in the cave to find him. I hate to use an FAQ but I'm getting really close. lol

Edit: I need more mega stones yet too...

DedValve

Banned
Does anyone know what handicap is for?

Also I didn't train my pokemon fully to lvl 100, I just raised them to lvl 50. I assume it doesn't matter once you have the EV's and IVs you want right?

DedValve

Banned
Sure. Challenge me whenever you're good to go.

Ooh, really close match. That Haxorous swept me clean, I was banking everything on that hypnosis to hit, even had wide lens to boost! Music 7 is by far the most superior tune.

EDIT: I'm up for more if you are, or anyone for that matter. Also have any thoughts on my team?

I'm also working on a gimmicky trick room team.

DedValve

Banned
Well wide lens turns it into what, 66%? :p

GGs there. I fear mega kanga whenever I have to face her.

Yeah, I had no idea Mega Khan would be so powerful.

I'm still on the fence for the moveset with Roserade though. Currently she has Leaf Storm (I think thats it's name in english), sleep powder, sludge bomb and synthesis.

I'm considering dropping synthesis for toxic spikes and make her an offensive spiker.

PK Gaming

-Focus energy Kingdra with sniper
-50% chance of critting normally
-Scope + high crit ratio brings it to 100%

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER

Antiwhippy

Ooh, really close match. That Haxorous swept me clean, I was banking everything on that hypnosis to hit, even had wide lens to boost! Music 7 is by far the most superior tune.

EDIT: I'm up for more if you are, or anyone for that matter. Also have any thoughts on my team?

I'm also working on a gimmicky trick room team.

You should put sucker punch on your kanga. First time I see surf really.

DaBoss

lmao, I think I just broke a chain of Luvdisc. Would have been cool to catch one. Though I was on land on a bike constantly opening the menu to see if there is an item on my Diggersby. Not sure if that breaks the streak.

DaBoss

Anyone want to battle?

EDIT: The PC strikes twice.....................................

Sorry Crimson, Antihippy requested first.

Antiwhippy

I keep forgetting that :(

It's safe to say that this match was a complete reversal lol

Yeah, I think you got unlucky with a couple of things, but those mistakes can cost you.

Honestly I would drop hypnosis on ninetales. It's too unreliable on a pokemon that can't survive for long.

Other than that though your team seems pretty good, it's just that you need to watch out for mistakes like those.

GGs man. When you can get kanga to setup it's very hard for me to stop.

Anyone want to battle?

I do.

DedValve

Banned
Yeah, I think you got unlucky with a couple of things, but those mistakes can cost you.

Honestly I would drop hypnosis on ninetales. It's too unreliable on a pokemon that can't survive for long.

Other than that though your team seems pretty good, it's just that you need to watch out for mistakes like those.

GGs man. When you can get kanga to setup it's very hard for me to stop.

I do.

Lol, 2 deaths by spikes + stealth rock that was great.

I'm not sure what to replace hypnosis with though, will-o-wisp? Seems more like a suicide move for such a glassy pokemon.

I also forgot to teach her nasty plot.

Antiwhippy

Lol, 2 deaths by spikes + stealth rock that was great.

I'm not sure what to replace hypnosis with though, will-o-wisp? Seems more like a suicide move for such a glassy pokemon.

I also forgot to teach her nasty plot.

Will o wisp is pretty good this gen I feel. The accuracy buff really helps.

Antiwhippy

Do you have full Speed EVs?

Also, dat critical hit.

Good game.

I do, but I don't have a positive speed nature (though I don't have a negative one either?). Still 115 speed should still outspeed 100 speed + 10% right?

Ah well, whatever. GGs man. First time I saw a talonfalme use something like tailwind :p, which made things pretty hard for me there.

What move did both Pokemon use and what other Pokemon were involved in the battle?

I used play rough and he use moonblast. He had tailwind up but I was pretty sure that tailwind ended? It might still have been up though and I missed it.

Top Bottom