• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DedValve

Banned
Can anyone help me with a team for Mega-Ampharos?

He's my favorite mega and I love his design so when I found his speed I'm thinking a good trick room user might help him out there. I currently have a mareep with 0 speed iv's and perfect everything else.

I was thinking of

Mega Ampharos
Carbink (either setting up walls or trick room)
Solosis (one of the very few gen 5 pokemons I loved and also happens to be a good trick room user)

Maybe
Electivire (double thunder might be too much, even though I love this thing)

I do, but I don't have a positive speed nature (though I don't have a negative one either?). Still 115 speed should still outspeed 100 speed + 10% right?

Ah well, whatever. GGs man. First time I saw a talonfalme use something like tailwind :p, which made things pretty hard for me there.

Timid Mega Gardevoir and Neutral Speed nature Absol both w/252 Speed EVs and 31IVs in

I used play rough and he use moonblast. He had tailwind up but I was pretty sure that tailwind ended? It might still have been up though and I missed it.
Timid Mega Gardevoir and Neutral Speed nature Absol both w/252 Speed EVs and 31IVs in Speed will have a speed tie at 167 speed.

coopolon

Why isn't garchompite showing up? It's 8:56 and I'm in the right place (checked youtube video to confirm it.) I've tried going in and out of the caves to reset it. Also tried going to Anastar city and walking through the light at the sundial although I'm not really sure what that means, there didn't seem to be anything to interact with.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Why isn't garchompite showing up? It's 8:56 and I'm in the right place (checked youtube video to confirm it.) I've tried going in and out of the caves to reset it. Also tried going to Anastar city and walking through the light at the sundial although I'm not really sure what that means, there didn't seem to be anything to interact with.
soft reset outside the area?

HawthorneKitty

No, that didn't work either, thanks for the suggestion though.

Is there something else you have to do after beating final four and champion before you can get the megastones?
Wait, did you do 1 match at the Maison and beat your rival at postgame city?

-Focus energy Kingdra with sniper
-50% chance of critting normally
-Scope + high crit ratio brings it to 100%

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER

Reminds me of Super Luck Absol with a Scope Lens using Night Slash. I'm pretty sure that gives it a 100% chance to crit even without setting up.

Holmes

-Focus energy Kingdra with sniper
-50% chance of critting normally
-Scope + high crit ratio brings it to 100%

NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER
Shock.gif

Well I just finished Pokemon Y for the first time.
Diantha was incredibly easy.
My completion time is about 23:20
now I'm checking out friend safari's
My friendcode is 047387541842 so can somebody tell me what is my friend safari

HawthorneKitty

Well I just finished Pokemon Y for the first time.
Diantha was incredibly easy.
My completion time is about 23:20
now I'm checking out friend safari's
My friendcode is 047387541842 so can somebody tell me what is my friend safari
Sure, FC in profile.
Edit: Panpour, Poliwhirl, Wartortle

rac

Banned
I know a popular harvest trevenant set is sitrus berry, with the moves leech seed, sub, curse and shadow claw.
I'm thinking about switching leech seed with horn claw and sub with protect. Do you guys think that'd work pretty well and also what evs would you run on it?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's a good special defense tank that can also hit back hard, while also being cool?

I have gardevoir but I want to try something different.

DaBoss

I may want to battle in about 10-20 min, so yea. I won't be able to be on a computer so I can't add anyone.
So what's a good special defense tank that can also hit back hard, while also being cool?

I have gardevoir but I want to try something different.
Goodra

Mega Scizor is now my signature Mega.

Sorry, Mega Powers. You were a true baller and had an amazing run, but nothing can compare to the sheer glee I get from shrugging off moves like they were nothing and watching a meticulously set up sweep in motion. The ability to completely shut Mega Banette down is also amazing, as is shrugging off basically every attack lobbed your way.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Vaporeon or Rotom.

Facing off against Hydration Vaporeon makes me never want to see it again, but I guess I can go back to my Rotom W.

edit: oh yeah. I do have a skrelp lying about. I might just give dragalge a go. Could go well with my spiking/stealth rock team too with toxic spikes.

Thanks for the Spritzee, Wonderpup!

Also, this was a hilarious battle: BHPW-WWWW-WWW3-BNK2

We were both so stubborn and persistent, but I came out on top in the end ;)

Sigmaah

For aggron, I'm tryna make it so he's really defensive and can't really die in 1 hit, gonna make him my mega.

Should I do 252 sp.d/hp for that? That's what I'm thinking.

Fury Sense

For aggron, I'm tryna make it so he's really defensive and can't really die in 1 hit, gonna make him my mega.

Should I do 252 sp.d/hp for that? That's what I'm thinking.
qfftTA3.png

http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

Chandelure has one of the highest Special Attacks at 145 and even with Filter, a super effective STAB heat wave can still take you out in singles. Attack powers are 75% if multitarget though. I don't really know which special attackers you'll encounter most frequently, but you can use that calculator to see what they can do to you at different EV investments

Top Bottom