• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Currently want an Infiltrator Litwick. Probably some other stuff as well, but I can't think what right now.

That's convenient actually, seeing that I have a lampent safari. The ones that I've trained are all flash fire, but I can get you an infiltrator lampent.

edit: I might train an infiltrator litwick actually. Flash fire is cool and all but there are times where I could really use infiltrator.

Wow this game is addicting. As I mentioned in a post before this is my first Pokemon since the very first game. I think this game may even bring me back to JRPGs....hmm time to look at the 3DS lineup of RPGs.

As for the game, is it smart to always switch your team out randomly? I am just making my way through the game and my Pokemon are always about 5 levels above what I am fighting. Mind you I spend a lot of time trying to find each one I can in each area. Or should I just stick with a team I like and keep leveling them?

Wichu

For Dragon pre evos I have to say that trapinch is the cutest, followed by gible.

i3MlcY6kgvKwg.gif

DedValve

Banned
Does handicap limit how many pokemon you can have? That's bollocks, I thought it would force level stats to be 50.

Sorry Antywhippy :(

Finally got my 6IV Mienfoo yay. Starting to wonder trade the rejects and its not been a good day so far. The best thing was one trader had "eugenics rejects" as their message (their gift, an unmarked adamant japanese honedge...I hate when wonder traders don't mark IVs).

edit:GAF complaints kind of worked. 4IV Gastly with Disable.

DedValve

Banned
That's convenient actually, seeing that I have a lampent safari. The ones that I've trained are all flash fire, but I can get you an infiltrator lampent.

edit: I might train an infiltrator litwick actually. Flash fire is cool and all but there are times where I could really use infiltrator.

I have a few 3-4 iv ones you can start breeding with.

Antiwhippy

Ok, goomy might dethrone trapinch. Might.

Also for online battles it's always capped to 50 I think.

I have a few 3-4 iv ones you can start breeding with.

Thanks for the offer. Might be cool trying to breed for a shiny, but then again I'm not insane. :p

Man, I can't wait to use the Slaking/Cofagrigus combo once Pokébank comes out. Would Return/Earthquake/Pursuit/Slack Off be a good moveset for Slaking Kong?

DedValve

Banned
LADY LUCK HAS SHINED HER SMILES UPON MY FACE, AND IT WAS GOOD.

Holy christ that was such a clooooooose call. Intense fight man. GG.

I'm saving this video (how do I see it?)

Antiwhippy

GGs Dedvalve. Should have gone for the sucker punch, but ah well. Drought ninetales hits hard.

LADY LUCK HAS SHINED HER SMILES UPON MY FACE, AND IT WAS GOOD.

Holy christ that was such a clooooooose call. Intense fight man. GG.

I'm saving this video (how do I see it?)

Got to your vs recorder.

You can also upload it online for others to see your victory over me. :p

Anyone up for a battle?

Sure. What's your IGN?

NEO0MJ

If only I had a gif showing Deino's idle annimation during a battle. I love how its surveying it's surrounding, especially when you consider that it's blind and has no super hearing/smelling. It has no idea where it is each time it leaves the pokeball.

Man, I can't wait to use the Slaking/Cofagrigus combo once Pokébank comes out. Would Return/Earthquake/Pursuit/Slack Off be a good moveset for Slaking Kong?

Only problem with that moveset is that it doesn't offer much coverage.

Only problem with that moveset is that it doesn't offer much coverage.

Unfortunately, Slaking's coverage isn't really all that great, but he makes up for it with his insane Attack and HP, and pretty great Speed, Defense and Sp. Defense. I suppose I could run Thunderbolt or something to surprise bulky Water- and Flying-types, but that'd sacrifice the survivability offered by a healing move.

NEO0MJ

Unfortunately, Slaking's coverage isn't really all that great, but he makes up for it with his insane Attack and HP, and pretty great Speed, Defense and Sp. Defense. I suppose I could run Thunderbolt or something to surprise bulky Water- and Flying-types, but that'd sacrifice the survivability offered by a healing move.

I know of its legendary stats, but I had no idea how limited its movepool is, especially physically. I guess it gets the elemental punches from tutors, but that's it.

I know of its legendary stats, but I had no idea how limited its movepool is, especially physically. I guess it gets the elemental punches from tutors, but that's it.

He suffers from "Four Move Syndrome" pretty heavily, too. Return and Earthquake are his main damage-dealing moves, and Pursuit is absolutely mandatory since it's the only thing which allows him to be remotely useable.

The last moveset slot is still up in the air. You could run a special attack just to fake out physical walls or tanks sent in to intercept you (Fire Blast would deal with Skarmory and Avalugg pretty effectively), you could run Slack Off to ensure that you can get back on your feet after a lucky crit/botched KO, you could run Rock Slide for flinch shenanigans or to screw with Talonflame. There are plently of options, but which one would actually work?

Oh, and I still haven't decided on an item for him, either. If I choose to forgo Slack Off, he'll probably get an Assault Vest to give him special bulk on par with his physical defense, but a Shell Bell would also work super well considering that I'll be KOing almost without fail. Life Orb would also provide some nice insurance, but it might be a tad overkill ;P

Antiwhippy

GGs spiritfox. Flash fire seems to be the bane of your team. :p Love your shiny flygon.

Gah I lost to the Chandelure. Was faster than I thought, and Drought just gave him more power. Didn't helped that I lost my Volcarona because I forgot fire resists bug.

He's choice scarf'd, so that's why his speed will surprise you. I find that he's usually powerful enough that making him faster is better.

spiritfox

GGs spiritfox. Flash fire seems to be the bane of your team. :p Love your shiny flygon.

He's choice scarf'd, so that's why his speed will surprise you. I find that he's usually powerful enough that making him faster is better.

Hah I didn't think he was scarfed cause you used will-o-wisp. So I was surprised when he outran pretty much everything.

Antiwhippy

Hah I didn't think he was scarfed cause you used will-o-wisp. So I was surprised when he outran pretty much everything.

Yeah, I find choice items more useful for a hit and run gameplay anyway, so it's useful to sometimes burn them and switch out. He synergises pretty damn well with chesnaught actually. They generally cover what each is weak against, so I can usually just switch back to chesnaught safely.

i'm pretty impartial to most dragons but gen 6 introduced some super kawaii ones. . . i have a total weakness for bat pokemons.
time to breed a bat team.
and deino is so dang cute with its complete lack of sight due to its stylish head of hair.

Antiwhippy

I just didn't know that it has that property. Can fire moves do it too?

Also man do I just love sweeping people with haxorus. Dragon dance + outrage = hope you have a fairy on your team.

Wichu

Argh, can't decide between Clefable and Florges as a Fairy support for my team. I want Wish and Aromatherapy support for Carbink and Snorlax (though Wish might not be as effective for the latter).
Aromatisse is also an option, but its Speed is terrible. I wish it got Baton Pass; if it did, it would be almost perfect.
Audino might work, but it having the same type as Snorlax, and thus identical weaknesses/resistances, doesn't help.

As a reference, full list of Pokémon that get Wish and Heal Bell/Aromatherapy in XY (a lot more Pokémon got Heal Bell in 5th gen due to the BW2 tutor):
Clefable
Delcatty
Chimecho
Audino
Florges
Aromatisse
Slurpuff

The only one of those that gets Baton Pass is Delcatty, but its stats are awful. When your best base stat has a value of 70, you know you're going to be terrible no matter what :/

So guys at long last I finally beat the league and is ready to ump into breeding and the like, is there any thread where we share friend codes and stuff I need a friend safari with Ditto.

Azure J

Speaking of going full hog into breeding, after my adventures with Matsuda Method, I halted all I was doing indefinitely because I really want to learn how to get perfect IVs for said shiny Scizor. If I'm going to do this, I might as well go full hog.

With that said, can anyone give me a shortlist on what I should be doing/looking out for to prepare for this?

So guys at long last I finally beat the league and is ready to ump into breeding and the like, is there any thread where we share friend codes and stuff I need a friend safari with Ditto.
Yes

From what I gather all the Ditto people are either full or don't announce since they will instantly get full.

Top Bottom