• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does leveling up in the Daycare ruin the stats of my pokemon or am I good to go? I have a pokemon with 5IVs that I was trying to get more of, but it's level 31 from being in the Daycare so much.
You're good; don't worry about it.

Firestorm

Just finished EVing 5 of my Pokemon and noticed I made my Harvest Tree Mon Relaxed when I think I might have wanted Brave. Oh well, we'll find out if I want to keep him on my team I guess x.x

The 6th I want is Zapdos so this is going to be a pain in the ass for something I'll need to replace after Pokebank anyway as I can't get Heat Wave on it in XY.

Andrefpvs

Wow, I'm never doing Wonder Trade again while half-asleep. Just had a massive scare -- I thought I'd accidentally traded away my favourite Heliolisk last night. Eventually found it randomly in my Battle Box (I don't even remember putting it there!), but that was scary.

after days of working on it

finally, I have my perfect 6 31iv adamant technician Breloom rocking Bullet Seed and it is kicking ass online

Aytrial

Trace means you can switch in to Pokemon with Absorb abilities and laugh at them. Of course you need to be aware of what they have and not switch in to a Slaking or Archeops or something.

On that note, does Trace retain the previous ability when a new opponent switches in or is it overridden with the new one?

spiritfox

On that note, does Trace retain the previous ability when a new opponent switches in or is it overridden with the new one?

It only activates upon Gardevoir's switch in. If you return her and switch her in again later, she'll get the ability of whoever's on the field at that time, overwriting the previous one.

MicH

Holy Christ, I must have angered the RNG gods.

I just got TWO 6 MAX IV Scythers in a row. Both female, both with Swarm :( The hell is this

Aytrial

Gardevoir keeps the ability if an opponent switches in, but losses it if you switch Gardevoir out.

It only activates upon Gardevoir's switch in. If you return her and switch her in again later, she'll get the ability of whoever's on the field at that time, overwriting the previous one.

Had a feeling that was how it works. Thanks for the confirmation.

Holy Christ, I must have angered the RNG gods.

I just got TWO 6 MAX IV Scythers in a row. Both female, both with Swarm :( The hell is this

Got a second 6 IV Pokemon today. I don't even...

November 8th, the day lord RNG smiled upon toastyToast

Toasty, are you doing this on purpose? :p

Tiamant

I think I've found my counter to Harvest Trevenant, and its one of my favourite pokes... haha...

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Toasty, are you doing this on purpose? :p

No way lol

This time it was a perfect Adamant (-SpAtk) Larvitar mother and a 4 IV father who I was using to transfer Pursuit. I got it in the 3rd batch of eggs too

I get the feeling I'm going to get nothing but shit from now on

Regiruler

Trace means you can switch in to Pokemon with Absorb abilities and laugh at them. Of course you need to be aware of what they have and not switch in to a Slaking or Archeops or something.

And there's always the potential they'll run into me and I'll laugh at them.

NEO0MJ

I see a lot of people talking about Rest/Talk but what are the benefits of using Sleep Talk?

The main reason to use this is when you have a strong bulky pokemon that doesn't have access to any other recovery move. By using sleep talk you can keep attacking even while waiting for that pokemon to wake up. Use rest the next turn to recover lost health while it was asleep and use sleep talk again. The strategy isn't viable with all pokemon but those that can work with it are pretty dangerous.

Horde EV training for Attack on Route 18 is the pits. Nothing but Geodude and Durant ugh.

That is definitely a mistake in the OT! Go to Route 19 instead, lots of Weepinbells there. Arboks occasionally too.
For Wingulls I prefer Route 12 and not Route 8.

ramyeon

That is definitely a mistake in the OT! Go to Route 19 instead, lots of Weepinbells there. Arboks occasionally too.
For Wingulls I prefer Route 12 and not Route 8.
I knew it, there were definitely none in 18. The rain stopped in 14 fortunately so I was able to do it on the Bellsprouts there.

Anyone online now and can help me evolve my Scyther to Scizor?

Akai__

Serebii says, that a trainer on the Rogue Plaza in Lumiose town has Gliscor, but there isn't a trainer at all... It's my last Pokémon, that I need to see in Kalos. Any tips or is than an other way to see one? People in the GTS are really silly.

Kokonoe

Banned
So how can I go about acquiring an Eevee with Anticipation? Do I have to breed or can I just catch one in the wild?

Unless it was your opponents last pokemon or Sylveon was faster than the opponent and about to die using that move would give your opponent a free turn.

Hmm...I see. Well, it'll make for fun single player shenanigans.

I don't have any of those and I can't really be bothered to get them honestly.

I'll just keep resetting the 3DS date.

Resetting the 3DS makes it happen faster?

QP3

So I have bred an adamant Tyrunt with the multifangs. If I switch out the Tyranitar (which it got the egg moves from) with a Ditto (so I can start getting good IVs) will my Tyrunt still pass the egg moves?

I knew it, there were definitely none in 18. The rain stopped in 14 fortunately so I was able to do it on the Bellsprouts there.

Anyone online now and can help me evolve my Scyther to Scizor?

Mother Green to the rescue!

Do you still need help? I can com online now.

Korosenai

A couple questions about writs:

1. Once I put out a writ, does everyone in the building automatically become the level of the writ that I put out? Or do I have to leave and come back?

2. How often can I battle everyone in the building?

Top Bottom