• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Ultimadrago

Before EV training Ms. Gastly, I think I will complete the Kalos dex. With 300 hours on board it has been long overdue.

Anyone with Flamethrower TM mind helping me out and teaching it to one of my Pokemon? I just got a TM from that Hex chick, but she wont give me another one (which would probably Flamethrower).

I can help.

Neiteio

Normal type Eevee evolution with Protean.
A Normal-type Mega Eevee with Protean would be AMAZING... if regular Eevee actually learned some decent moves of different types. Skimming its list, it can learn Dig... and Shadow Ball... and yeah. Not much it could "change into" for STAB.

But if it were a regular evolution, as you said, I suppose it could have access to a wide variety of TMs and level-up moves as it goes. That would be truly amazing. I'd just prefer to see them find a way to make it work as a Mega Evolution. :)

Hedge

Did something happen to the NeoGAF Friend Safari google document? Half the names aren't showing up for me (Fighting types, Fairy types, etc).

I have a question for those who were breeding in Gold/Silver (I don't mean for IVs and stuff, just getting more Pokemon).

Did you know that Ditto can be bred with any non-legendary Pokemon? If so how? I remember using Ditto, but I don't know how I knew to use Ditto. I never really used the Internet back then, so I'm kinda confused. It felt like basic knowledge to me.
I had a guide for Pokemon Crystal. It had a section on how breeding works and which pokemon were in which egg group.

Aytrial

Woo, I got my 5 IV female Ralts pretty quickly as I had a 5 IV male Ralts sitting in my boxes from a trade I made ages ago.

After I train Magikarp, Axew and Ralts into their fabulous evolutions I'll have 12 fully EV trained / 5 IV Pokemon.

Tenck

Guys I'm at a dilemma. I'm Training a Chansey with nothing but a level 100 Lapras and I found a Shiney Hoppip. Chansey is level 50. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Edit: Gloom I'm using with Sweet scent is level 48 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Aytrial

Guys I'm at a dilemma. I'm Training a Chansey with nothing but a level 100 Lapras and I found a Shiney Hoppip. Chansey is level 50. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Edit: Gloom I'm using with Sweet scent is level 48 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just throw any type of Poke Ball at it.

Its catch rate is fairly high, even at full HP.

Kokonoe

Banned
I have a Master Ball saved for when I see a Shiny.

Except that's never going to happen because Gamefreak hates me.

rjgk1Dl.gif

I didn't bother marking their IVs, but most of them have 3 or 4 IVs. Axews are Adamant with Mold Breaker, while Magikarps are Adamant with Rattled.
You'd be willing to trade me a couple of females then? I have a Squirtle with 3 max IVs and egg moves (fakeout/dragon pulse/aura sphere) and modest Clauncher with 3 max IVs that I can trade. Interested?

NEO0MJ

Finaly got an impish Avalugg with sturdy! Though I might breed a careful on with own temppo.

I didn't bother marking their IVs, but most of them have 3 or 4 IVs. Axews are Adamant with Mold Breaker, while Magikarps are Adamant with Rattled.

I'd love a female Magikarp if you can spare one. I assume they're in a luxury ball?

Aytrial

You'd be willing to trade me a couple of females then? I have a Squirtle with 3 max IVs and egg moves (fakeout/dragon pulse/aura sphere) and modest Clauncher with 3 max IVs that I can trade. Interested?

I wouldn't mind having them for future breeding endeavours. FC is in my profile.

I'd love a female Magikarp if you can spare one. I assume they're in a luxury ball?

It's dangerous to make assumptions.

Yes.

Neiteio

Guys, I really want to see what a Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre would look like.

BRING ON RADIANT RUBY AND SHINING SAPPHIRE

They're totally going to be called Rockin' Ruby and Slammin' Sapphire, though :V

Off-topic, but I adore my new Togekiss (whom I named Khamsin in honor of the greatest Wind of Destruction). Once he gets a Thunder Wave off, nothing can stop him. He even Flamethrower'd an incoming Scizor to death, which was hilariously awesome.

Goomy is not fun to breed. 10 eggs so far and I haven't even had to bother going to the IV Checker yet. Either they have 11 HP, or they have 12 HP and only 5 Defence, or they have 12 HP, 6 Defence but Hydration :mad:

NEO0MJ

It's dangerous to make assumptions.

Yes.

Nice. I don't have much 4IV pokemon right now, just a few pinsirs and Bergmite's if that interests you. Though I might have a spare Noibat left.

Goomy is not fun to breed. 10 eggs so far and I haven't even had to bother going to the IV Checker yet. Either they have 11 HP, or they have 12 HP and only 5 Defence, or they have 12 HP, 6 Defence but Hydration :mad:

If you get a good IV male, even with Hydration, it might be worth using.

Oswen

I could see more something like Aqua Sapphire and Magma Ruby.

However i don't really believe we'll get a gen 3 remake, one of the main reason of the first two was because Kanto and Johto were cut off from any form of communication with later games.
The pokemon timeline was even "adjusted" for them, it now looks like this:

I-III > II-IV > V > VI

Where gen 3 happens at the same time of gen 1 and gen 4 happens at the same time of gen II.
They could probably make a sequel for gen III though, like an Emerald 2.
Not sure what they'll do with Kalos though, i can see totally see Zygarde starring in his own game, not sure if it will be a "Z" or an X/Y2.

Or it could be both, a single Z version which is actually a sequel and not a director's cut edition.
Guess we'll see in due time.

OK. Do you want it adamant with Moxie or Jolly with Hyper Cutter? Oh, and Pinsirite is X exclusive if you planned on using it with a mega stone.

I meant for breeding, unless both parents already have high IVs.

Parents are a 5IV Gooey Goomy and a 4 IV Ditto

MicH

31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Larvesta GET.

I kind of made it take longer. I had to 4 IV Larvestas and quickly got a perfect.. then noticed they were in Pokeballs. So I went and caught a new one in a luxury ball and finally got one.

I am crazy. But it feels so good

DaBoss

I think I knew, but I did not tinker with the breeding mechanics all too much back then. I'm not sure how it was basic knowledge. I think a friend let me know.
I... don't know how I figured that out back then.

It must've been when looking at some breeding guide, as I don't think that anyone really tells you about Ditto ingame.
I had a guide for Pokemon Crystal. It had a section on how breeding works and which pokemon were in which egg group.
It probably was a friend and I just can't remember it. Thanks for sharing all of your insight.
Did something happen to the NeoGAF Friend Safari google document? Half the names aren't showing up for me (Fighting types, Fairy types, etc).
It looks like its been griefed or something
I think they are the only ones that can't, from what I've read.
People are saying Cherish Balls probably won't either, though nobody will be able to know till a female Cherish Ball Pokemon is brought through Pokemon Bank.
sogood.gif

SeZMehK

31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Larvesta GET.

I kind of made it take longer. I had to 4 IV Larvestas and quickly got a perfect.. then noticed they were in Pokeballs. So I went and caught a new one in a luxury ball and finally got one.

I am crazy. But it feels so good

Do you have any reject females of tech sycthers and timid larvestas in luxury balls? :eek:

Aytrial

For those wondering about the coin trick: It basically involves going to the central part of Luminose City (Prism Tower) and shoving a coin under your circle pad to jam it so that your character is moving in one direciton. As it is a circle, you will accumulate steps endlessly that will gradually raise your Pokemon's happiness.

For those wondering about the coin trick: It basically involves going to the central part of Luminose City (Prism Tower) and shoving a coin under your circle pad to jam it so that your character is moving in one direciton. As it is a circle, you will accumulate steps endlessly that will gradually raise your Pokemon's happiness.
I think it's better to use a piece of folded paper - less chance of damaging your circle pad.

I need help with coming up with a set for my Scizor. I'm not considering a Mega Scizor set.

All the sets I've considered are on Smogon, I haven't come up with any myself.

Firstly, I thought Choice Band Scizor would have been a good choice for a physical sweeper on my team.

Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Quick Attack
- Brick Break

However I think the loss of Superpower in gen 6 (before PokeBank comes) would make a Choice Band Scizor lack the extra oomph it had in Gen 5. So I also considered another set, one with Scizor playing as more of a Trapper pokemon.

Life Orb / Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 148 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost / Brick Break

This set focuses a making Scizor a lot more bulky, while also focusing on eliminating the pokemon your team could be having trouble with. However, I'm not too sure about having Assault Vest, making Scizor a bit too predicable.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks again guys :D

I run these two sets on Showdown:

Corvette (Scizor) (M) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit / Knock Off
- Fourth offensive move (U-Turn?)

Assault Vest is surprisingly unexpected as far as Scizor sets go, for whatever reason. This one capitalizes on bulk and relies on the STAB + Technician to get real power out of the attacks. If necessary, it's also possible to baton pass some extra attack / speed over.

Corvette (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

This one's a little more gimmicky but works wonders as a beefy speeder-upper for a teammate early-to-mid game. Allegedly, Knock Off got a buff to BP 65 in XY. While it doesn't benefit from technician, the power doubles if the opponent is holding an item - which everything does. This is also a surprisingly effective way to combat things you might come across like other Scizor and Forretress - now that Steel doesn't resist dark, you can hit for neutral coverage on a lot of things and cripple some sets by taking out their items. This set favors bulk over speed because with the right prediction, you can get an Agility or two set up and actually benefit from it yourself before you pass it on.

I think I've found my counter to Harvest Trevenant, and its one of my favourite pokes... haha...

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I personally run a Trick / Pain Split Infiltrator Chandelure.

McNum

Hm, I want to make all the Eeveelutions, but I'd like a few of them to actually be useful, too. So, what's good in Eeveelutions?

I'm thinking a Vaporeon could be good, bit of an unusual pick for a water-type, but I'm not entirely sure what to build for. Other than Vaporeon has big HP, so I'm seeing a defensive build. Something like Acid Armor, Scald, Aqua Ring, and Substitute. But I see on Serebii that you get a Wish egg move on Vaporeon. That would be better than Aqua Ring, I imagine, can heal off the Substitute damage quick.

But how the heck do you get Wish onto an Eevee? Sylveon doesn't learn it. I have a bunch of Ralts, and they learn it, but I don't think there's a breeding path from Ralts to Eevee. I also have access to Togepis through a Friend Safari. That might be a better place to start?

Another Eeveelution I'm looking at is Jolteon. Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and.... well. What's good in pure offense Jolteon? Max EVs in Speed and Sp. Atk, obviously. Hit first, hit hard.

But what about the rest of the bunch? Glaceon might be interesting, with the "Heals in hail" ability. I can get their hidden abilities easily enough, got a few Eevees with it.

Also, what's good natures for them? I got a Jolteon already with +Speed -Attack. I think that's a keeper. Unless I need an egg move on one... I really don't hope I do.

Top Bottom