• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wichu

Wasn't paying attention and
nearly
killed a shiny Frogadier.

Noticed it was shiny just as I was about to press the button. Phew.

EDIT:
Got it. Timid nature, 31 Attack/Speed, Torrent.

Usobuko

Banned
Sure, I don't care about 5Vs really. I'm mostly happy using 3Vs and 4Vs as long as they're in the right stats. Only times when I care about 5V is when I get lucky enough to breed ideal parents for a 5V outcome.

Also at this point I have so many team candidates that I don't really care about what I get. Just glad that I finally got my shiny.

edit: though I'm still looking for budews and infiltrator zubats.

I won't mind one of the 5V flashfire litwicks with ideal spreads. I have Infl. Zubats except I have yet to breed it and it looks like you're trading for one already. I have a lot of common OU pokemons, do you want Pinsir?

I need to use sketch on a pokemon with simple beam, is there any trainer that uses that move in the game? Not a single pokemon learns it by leveling up :/

Oh, Audino learns it!

Battle Chateau has plenty of these if you are lazy to catch and level up.

Did Kalos introduce any really good new shinies? Off the top of my head I can think of Blood Knight Honedge, Ginger Trevenant, Mint Condition Sylveon and that's it. A good color palette is usually all it takes to get me to try out a new Pokemon. See: Sylveon.

Jet black ninja Greninja is really dumb.

El Diablo Hawlucha is so awesome that I bred a perfect one.

822004108.jpg

Zoidberg Clauncher is pretty ballin' as well.

hqdefault.jpg

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thanks for all the cool Pokémon, GoldenChicken. Sorry I didn't have many good Pokémon to offer. I haven't bred many different species yet. :(

Fury Sense

Premier_Ball_battle_IV.png
Premier Ball Giveaway
Premier_Ball_battle_IV.png

HABcDs Jolly Purrloin Prankster f
HaBCDS Lonely Venonat Tinted Lens f
HaBCDS Modest Grimer Sticky Hold f
HABCDS Quiet Lickitung Own Tempo f
HABcDS Mild Larvitar Guts f
HABcDS Adamant Larvitar Guts f
HaBCDs Modest Shellos Storm Drain f

2578 3149 3873; Ray

Please quote with your in-game name if you want something!
Repost for new page.

Ultimadrago

Did Kalos introduce any really good new shinies? Off the top of my head I can think of Blood Knight Honedge, Ginger Trevenant, Mint Condition Sylveon and that's it. A good color palette is usually all it takes to get me to try out a new Pokemon. See: Sylveon.

Jet black ninja Greninja is really dumb.

I will never get what you see in Mint Pokemon. :p

Also congrats on all the new Shinies, everyone!

Real talk: why the hell haven't we gotten more Pokemon based on urban legends / cryptids? I'm not talking big, popular stuff rooted in mythology like dragons / etc.

I mean, it'd be weird, but I'd love a Pokemon game - even a brief one - set somewhere decidedly "rural," maybe based in an interpretation of the Old West
that isn't Pokemon Colosseum
where you hunt cryptid-looking things through deserts, swamps, mountain ranges, etc.

I'm bringing it up because of the United States Mythical Lake Monsters thread.

I mean, just look at these things:

and no shut up, Monster Hunter isn't the same.

WonderPup

Flying Press is a Fighting move, but it also gives Flying coverage, too. How does that work? Does that mean that by carrying that single move, I don't have to also carry something like Acrobatics, too?

Fury Sense

I will likely hold a tournament starting mid to late December using the Standard ruleset once it is announced by The Pokemon Company. It'll be Doubles, Bring 6 and Pick 4 with Species and Items Clause. The only thing we still need to hear on is if all Pokemon minus the Battle Maison banlist Pokemon will be allowed or if only Pokemon in the Kalos Pokedex will be allowed.

This will give people good practice for Regional tournaments in 2014 or the official WiFi tournaments!
Hey, are you still doing this?

Flying Press is a Fighting move, but it also gives Flying coverage, too. How does that work? Does that mean that by carrying that single move, I don't have to also carry something like Acrobatics, too?
I think it goes like this

Fj5d597.png

Normalize & Electrify included. For multi-type defenders, multiply

Anyone have a good IV Modest Bulbasaur W/ Giga Drain?

The only useful thing I have to trade is a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Gible W/ Outrage

Actually...pretty much any good IV GRASS type pokemon will do. Stupid Rotom-W has been kicking my butt recently

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone have a good IV Modest Bulbasaur W/ Giga Drain?

The only useful thing I have to trade is a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Gible W/ Outrage

Actually...pretty much any good IV GRASS type pokemon will do. Stupid Rotom-W has been kicking my butt recently
Make sure the Grass type has HP Rock for that Volt Switch into Talonflame.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Real talk: why the hell haven't we gotten more Pokemon based on urban legends / cryptids? I'm not talking big, popular stuff rooted in mythology like dragons / etc.

I mean, it'd be weird, but I'd love a Pokemon game - even a brief one - set somewhere decidedly "rural," maybe based in an interpretation of the Old West
that isn't Pokemon Colosseum
where you hunt cryptid-looking things through deserts, swamps, mountain ranges, etc.

I'm bringing it up because of the United States Mythical Lake Monsters thread.

I mean, just look at these things:

http://assets.atlasobscura.com/article_images/5183/image[img]

[img]http://assets.atlasobscura.com/article_images/5180/image[img]

[spoiler]and no shut up, Monster Hunter isn't the same.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

They do, it's just that most of them are based on japanese myths/urban legends.

WonderPup

I trained a pokemon up to 252 EVs in speed and decided I wanted to redo them. I thought that feeding it one Tamato Berry would reduce those EVs to 100, but they look like they're at or above 200 still.

Do berries not reduce to 100 on the first berry, and then reduce by 10 for each subsequent berry?

FSLink

Banned
I trained a pokemon up to 252 EVs in speed and decided I wanted to redo them. I thought that feeding it one Tamato Berry would reduce those EVs to 100, but they look like they're at or above 200 still.

Do berries not reduce to 100 on the first berry, and then reduce by 10 for each subsequent berry?

It only dropped down to 100 initially in prior gens.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is why you don't destiny bond stall with mega banette when your opponent clearly doesn't want to attack you. :p

EJHW-WWWW-WWW3-ES8E

Shouta

Now that I've finished the game, I need to do some hunting around for some IV dittos to start breeding, lol.

Anyone got a Friend Safari with them?

AW YES thank you instacheck gods. I actually used the shinyvalues tumblr to find a match to one of my perf Scraggy.

You Pokéball elites can't laugh at me now! That is the most perfect ball for a future shiny Scrafty!

Fury Sense

AW YES thank you instacheck gods. I actually used the shinyvalues tumblr to find a match to one of my perf Scraggy.

You Pokéball elites can't laugh at me now! That is the most perfect ball for a future shiny Scrafty!
Not a premier ball... yet still tasteful. I approve.

Top Bottom