• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Marz

Anyone have Plusle or Munchlax they can trade me? Trying to finish the central dex but plusle is impossible to find.

I've been on route 5 and I haven't come across one in like 3+ hours! Is there any way to make hordes appear?

Sweet Scent or Honey. The following Pokemon can learn Sweet Scent: Combee (lvl 1), Illumise (lvl 5), Swirlix (lvl 1), Spritzee (lvl 1), Foongus (lvl 24), Amoonguss (lvl 24).

I was leveling in the Frost Cavern and found a shiny Lonely F Piloswine with Oblivious and IVs of 0-2/24-25/12-14/19-21/19-21/28. Its golden fur is so glorious! This is my second shiny ever, just a couple weeks after catching a shiny blue Gulpin in a horde encounter.

Now, do I teach it Ancient Power and evolve it or leave it as is?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was leveling in the Frost Cavern and found a shiny Lonely F Piloswine with Oblivious and IVs of 0-2/24-25/12-14/19-21/19-21/28. Its golden fur is so glorious! This is my second shiny ever, just a couple weeks after catching a shiny blue Gulpin in a horde encounter.

Now, do I teach it Ancient Power and evolve it or leave it as is?
Evolve it; fill up your Shiny dex.

upandaway

Had a random flash of boredom at work so I bred some perfect Pokemon quick, Cubone and Tyrunt. It's just crazy how fast breeding is. Training them is the annoying part though, I might just not do it for now.
I have some more time so I'll try breeding Murkrow and get some Light Clay.

Buttons

So happy. Friend safari has been nice to me.

Found my shiny Delibird within 10 minutes of trying.

Then I found the shiny Dedenne I wanted. Unfortunately it had Relaxed as its nature. So I keep trying every now and then when I was bored. A week later, second shiny Dedenne... also relaxed...

In the meantime I found a shiny Galvantula.

Then yesterday I thought what the heck, try an electric safari again. 10 minutes into it, shiny Dedenne no.3 and this one has a nature that does not lower speed and raises special attack. Yay. :D

Next up... no idea. Maybe someone wants to trade a nice shiny for one of my spare shiny Dedenne.

Gonna start looking for a shiny Emolga, Noibat or Helioptile next I guess. :D

Will post a photo later once I am at home.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Real men don't leave their shinys IVs up to chance or try to beat the RNG system by brute forcingly throwing hours of their time at it ;]

*unfolds your arms

So weak.

I pretty much agree, but it was fun in a mind numbing way to go through it at least once.

Had a random flash of boredom at work so I bred some perfect Pokemon quick, Cubone and Tyrunt. It's just crazy how fast breeding is. Training them is the annoying part though, I might just not do it for now.
I have some more time so I'll try breeding Murkrow and get some Light Clay.

I'm bout to breed some murkrows, so I can give you one if you want.

I should really take a break from 5IV Solar Power Charmander. Game does not want to cooperate. Whenever I get a female solar power it has 1 or 2 IVs meaning I'm better off sticking with the 3IV male and 3IV Ditto and of course the only 4IV males I get are Blaze instead.

What's people's advice on getting the other legendary birds?
On GTS. Well Pokebank opening up will lead to a lot more being on the market (you get a set in FR/LG, XD and I think HG/SS) but the lazy GTS solution is a Scyther as high a level as you can bare holding the metal coat (steal from Magneton). To be most fair try to get Adamant nature, technician ability, 5 perfect IVs and EV trained.

God, this guy called Connor keeps inviting me to trade, and all he ever does is show off his shiny Politoed. Like cool, it's pretty. I get it. LEAVE ME ALONE.

edit:eek:h god, now he wrote my name in his profile message. I'm creeped out. I think he wants my shiny Bergmite.
I love how XY is less social than BW in a way (no letters, way less survey answers) yet manages situations like this. The worst thing about it as Politoed can be chained for.

upandaway

Can't you breed 4IV male Blaze with 2IV female Solar Power for the same IV chance, but higher ability chance? I can even lend you a 5IV male Blaze when I get home
(edit: oh didnt see the post after it)

So weak.

I pretty much agree, but it was fun in a mind numbing way to go through it at least once.

I'm bout to breed some murkrows, so I can give you one if you want.
I have a 4IV one from wonder trading and I'm breeding it with Crobat, so it'll get Brave Bird effortlessly. I can give YOU one if you want. Though I only had time for a few batches that didn't have a perfect, so I'm giving up for now. Light Clay more important.

bjork

Tried a few times to find a shiny Drifloon that a friend of mine wants, and that whole chain thing is making me put the game down for extended periods. I'm gonna go back to my goal of trying to have one of each pokemon and if I happen to find one of those, cool. I like it better when it's fun and not work.

joelseph

Got a Smeargle Friend Safari so I made a

Jolly Moody Smeargle @ Focus Sash
31/31/31/x/31/31 252sp/252hp/4d
Spore
Sub
Shell Smash
Baton Pass

Not impressed with him in the tower. Moody seems to cause more trouble than good with accuracy drops, and the computer comes with easy hacks to shut him down as a lead. When he does setup correctly and pass to Mega Argon it's awesome. =)

Holmes

I want to breed a Slowking but I'm afraid of it just becoming a slightly worse Reuniclus with more special defense, less HP and with Slack Off instead of Recover. Anyone here with Slowking experience care to share how viable he is in competitive play? Regenerator looks interesting, using it with Trick Room and switching out for healing after it ends seems like a good strategy instead of using Slack Off.

ALM5252

Has anyone done the cloning glitch? I have and been cloning a few Xerneas and Yveltals so I can actually make some trades on the GTS. Lol

Would be cool if someone had a Shiny Froakie I can borrow to clone. :)
Or a 6IV imposter Ditto.

upandaway

Phew... you got so unlucky with the RNG but I still couldn't do it. And I'm not really sure about any huge mistakes I had, so this is a bummer.

One more Lazy? I'll re-arrange my team

upandaway

Oh my god, why are my leads always completely in terror of yours. And I have nothing to switch in, this is the worst.

edit: oh yeah, I take back what I said about RNG, you had those crits last battle too

edit 2: another meowstic misclick, i could have really used para on him man :(

Sigmaah

Has anyone done the cloning glitch? I have and been cloning a few Xerneas and Yveltals so I can actually make some trades on the GTS. Lol

Would be cool if someone had a Shiny Froakie I can borrow to clone. :)
Or a 6IV imposter Ditto.

I've tried it and could only do it once lmao, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

Mind breaking it down for me or linking me to a guide or something?

ALM5252

I've tried it and could only do it once lmao, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

Mind breaking it down for me or linking me to a guide or something?

It is pretty hard and works like half the time for me.

The only guide I've followed was this video.
How to Clone in Pokemon in X or Y
1. Start trade with the (poliwag) DS
2. As soon as it says "Communicating... Please stand by" start counting down 3sec
3. Shut off (Yvetel) DS using power button
4. Wait 3sec and restart (poliwag) DS too.

If done correctly The DS you shut off will revert back w/ the legendary. The other DS that lost communication will have the legendary pokemon too. Timing is difficult this works 1/5 times.

upandaway

Nice battles lazy, not sure how much the misclick on meowstic cost me (in an ideal scenario, I would have used Overheat on Gengar, and finish the job on Salamence with the Espeon that got sashed due to the misclick, but who knows).

Whelp, here's how I do it:

1) Do an IR trade.
2) As the game sets up the trade, look at the bottom screens of both 3DS's. The Pokemon you're deleting should be on the 3DS that has a face on the bottom screen.
3) After trade animation, turn off the 3DS that sent the mon you're cloning after somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5 rotations of the pretty circular loading icon.
4) I am not even sure if this does anything but feel free to do the same timing for the other 3DS.

I doubt it'd ever be worth it, but it'd be neat if Mega Stones could be affected by item-displacement moves from teammates. For example, running Barbaracle / Tyranitar together with, say, Tyranitarite and Assault Vest, respectively. You trick the opponent in doubles into thinking you're just running Assault Vest Tyranitar to keep Sandstorm up. On the fourth turn (right before Sand Stream dissipates), have Barbaracle Switcheroo - Tyranitar can now go Mega to reactivate Sandstorm, and Barbaracle gets a major Special Defense boost thanks to the extra Sandstorm time + Assault Vest at the cost of losing the ability to Switcheroo again.

It'd make for some ridiculous mindgames, at least.

Shouta

So I checked some of the Pokemon Sigmaah gave me last week the Gible he gave me was a 5 IV one? Cripes, just what the doctor ordered, lol. the Fennekin and Froakie were 4 IV too. Thanks man, lol.

I checked the Safaris for the folks that are on my friend list and I got some Pokemon that i was missing for the Dex. They had some decent IVs too. Smedwicks had Lampents and Phantumps or whatever it's called. I can use those to start breeding a ghost army. >_>

Sigmaah

It is pretty hard and works like half the time for me.

The only guide I've followed was this video.
How to Clone in Pokemon in X or Y

Thank you! Will try to follow this.

Whelp, here's how I do it:

1) Do an IR trade.
2) As the game sets up the trade, look at the bottom screens of both 3DS's. The Pokemon you're deleting should be on the 3DS that has a face on the bottom screen.
3) After trade animation, turn off the 3DS that sent the mon you're cloning after somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5 rotations of the pretty circular loading icon.
4) I am not even sure if this does anything but feel free to do the same timing for the other 3DS.

Who starts the trade? The person who's gonna delete the trash pokemon? So many questions to be answered.

So I checked some of the Pokemon Sigmaah gave me last week the Gible he gave me was a 5 IV one? Cripes, just what the doctor ordered, lol. the Fennekin and Froakie were 4 IV too. Thanks man, lol.

You're welcome bro! If I got plenty of 4vs and 5vs laying around, I'm handing them out!

So, what's everyone using to get through the Battle Mansion thing? Which is better, Singles, Doubles or rotation?

Only started doing it cause I'm EV training and I need those items! Could only get to 16 though ... that Swalot took my team by surprise o_O

Also, is there anyway to stop battling and NOT break your chain of wins?

Shouta

You're welcome bro! If I got plenty of 4vs and 5vs laying around, I'm handing them out!

You must just sit there and go back and forth, don't you? lol

Your Friend Safari is Dragons btw. You had Gabites and the Stone dragon with the red head. There was something else too but I can't remember off the top of my head. I wonder what my Friend Safari is. =o

backlot

So, what's everyone using to get through the Battle Mansion thing? Which is better, Singles, Doubles or rotation?

Only started doing it cause I'm EV training and I need those items! Could only get to 16 though ... that Swalot took my team by surprise o_O

Also, is there anyway to stop battling and NOT break your chain of wins?

If you choose Interrupt it won't break your chain. I'm trying to do Multi right now with an AI partner and it is pretty rough. Lost my chain at 43 last night.

Top Bottom