• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

If you do an IR trade then the trash Pokemon should be on the 3DS that has a face on the bottom when preparing the trade. When doing wireless, the requester is the one with the trash mon.

It can be done the other way around but I have had more success this way.

Firestorm

Ai partner? Do you control what Pokemon they get or what they do?
Like Friend Safari, each of your friends has two Pokemon assigned to them. I went through Multi with a friend after a TCG tournament yesterday and it took forever as we had to unlock Super and then my batteries got weak around 15 in Super. It forces animations on in multiplayer :( Just spammed Heat Wave + Earthquake.

backlot

Like Friend Safari, each of your friends has two Pokemon assigned to them. I went through Multi with a friend after a TCG tournament yesterday and it took forever as we had to unlock Super and then my batteries got weak around 15 in Super. It forces animations on in multiplayer :( Just spammed Heat Wave + Earthquake.

Garchomp and Mega Charizard Y seem to be the way to go for Battle Maison. I just wish i could get some partner Pokemon that aren't totally useless. I've got one that uses Gengar and Gogoat and it works pretty well but the Gengar always dies first turn if the opponent has Sucker Punch.

upandaway

So, what's everyone using to get through the Battle Mansion thing? Which is better, Singles, Doubles or rotation?

Only started doing it cause I'm EV training and I need those items! Could only get to 16 though ... that Swalot took my team by surprise o_O

Also, is there anyway to stop battling and NOT break your chain of wins?
As usual, bulky Pokemon that can set up on a large variety of Pokemon can do well. For example:
Volcarona (any ice, grass, bug, fairy, or stalling pokemon at all -> guaranteed win)
Cursub Ferrothorn (fights take forever, but anything it resists, physically but even specially -> guaranteed 2 Pokemon dead, usually the whole 3)
etc etc
But really, as long as your team has a good Mega Evolution and is balanced around that, it's pretty easy to get enough wins for BP consistently.

I was doing pretty badly though before I broke out the notes, I was really bad at guessing/remembering movesets, so this happened:
oXhpnEN.jpg

And it doesn't show the things I wrote on the 3rd and 4th columns, which had movesets/who outspeeds who/items etc, haha. But it was fun.

Breeding for Hidden Power is so much easier now that it's always 60 BP. Shame that it's only 60 BP though.

To be fair, that at least grants it a guaranteed boost from Technician, meaning that the few special attackers that get that ability now have a guaranteed special move to cover their weaknesses with the base power of Flamethrower - Roserade in particular stands out.

Thanks for people who offered Charmander. I'm kind of toning down my time with the game so don't have it with me plus I don't like to be tied with having to return it. I looked at its egg groups and recall I have a 4IV Magikarp (normal ability but doesn't matter), 4IV Charmander (its got egg moves and nature implying it should be 'zard X so I don't want to breed it and have to hand over heart scales to re-learn the moves) and can breed a 5IV Gible (thanks wonder trade).

So, what's everyone using to get through the Battle Mansion thing? Which is better, Singles, Doubles or rotation?

Only started doing it cause I'm EV training and I need those items! Could only get to 16 though ... that Swalot took my team by surprise o_O
When getting power items I did singles of a story team of Talonflame, Megu Waifu Gardevour and Agieslash. Only the latter two were somewhat super traded (Agieslash was attack and defence :lol:)

It was kind of rough going towards the end of the teens and I cursed myself for not having Gale Wings on Talonflame. I added a Mienshao for doubles and nearly lost to the Chantelle again (Agieslash saved the day in both cases).

Ai partner? Do you control what Pokemon they get or what they do?
The AI partner can be quite dumb. I've seen choice specs Entei use solarbeam with no sun out (I've heard things with explosion always use it as their first move...even if they are the last Pokemon standing). One that is fairly popular to use is Typhlosion with Choice scarf and eruption. I'm working on a Ninetales to team up with it (Typhlosion has flash fire so I can flamethrower it for a boost on top of sun, shame heat wave can't hit it).

Sigmaah

You must just sit there and go back and forth, don't you? lol

Your Friend Safari is Dragons btw. You had Gabites and the Stone dragon with the red head. There was something else too but I can't remember off the top of my head. I wonder what my Friend Safari is. =o

You don't even know bro.... Shit is repetitive as fuck but it's deff worth it when you get that 5v!

I'll check your safari when I get a chance to use my 3ds sometime later today! Lol the other mon is Noibat I think.

If you do an IR trade then the trash Pokemon should be on the 3DS that has a face on the bottom when preparing the trade. When doing wireless, the requester is the one with the trash mon.

It can be done the other way around but I have had more success this way.

Thank you for clarifying!

Shouta

You don't even know bro.... Shit is repetitive as fuck but it's deff worth it when you get that 5v!

I'll check your safari when I get a chance to use my 3ds sometime later today! Lol the other mon is Noibat I think.

Thank you for clarifying!

Oh yeah, Noibat was the other one.I didn't have him either so I can upgrade him to Noidragon or whatever it is, lol.

Hmm just realized I wasn't sure how the following situation works, maybe you guys can help answer this for me since I can't really check at work.

When pokemon mega evolve, does the mega stone get "used up"? Specifically what I was thinking was using Thief with Mega Scizor and taking an item, then using Acrobatics to deal a lot of damage, though I'm not even sure how Acrobatics works with Technician. I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm not sure where to look.

Shouta

Hmm just realized I wasn't sure how the following situation works, maybe you guys can help answer this for me since I can't really check at work.

When pokemon mega evolve, does the mega stone get "used up"? Specifically what I was thinking was using Thief with Mega Scizor and taking an item, then using Acrobatics to deal a lot of damage, though I'm not even sure how Acrobatics works with Technician. I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm not sure where to look.

They are not used up. Otherwise, it'd be a pain in the ass to use Mega Evolution.

Acrobatics is really only useful with the Flying Gem, but that gem isn't in Gen VI right now. Even if it did exist it wouldn't be nearly as useful as it was in the past due to gem nerfs.

And Thief would cause you to have an item, making Acrobatics weak. :/

Tirael

What with Instacheck and Trainer's Shiny Values, and now cloning Pokemon, most of the special things in Pokemon are slightly less special.

What with Instacheck and Trainer's Shiny Values, and now cloning Pokemon, most of the special things in Pokemon are slightly less special.

Cloning has been around for ages, though. And I'd view shiny Pokemon as special if

1) They weren't ludicrously hard to get
2) They offered more than a palette swap
3) More than 9/10 of all Pokemon didn't have a hideous alt color.

Tirael

Cloning has been around for ages, though. And I'd view shiny Pokemon as special if

1) They weren't ludicrously hard to get
2) They offered more than a palette swap
3) More than 9/10 of all Pokemon didn't have a hideous alt color.

I guess that's true. Also, poor Garchomp.

Firestorm

Just to make sure I understand, the cloning method that has existed since Red and Blue make the special things in Pokemon slightly less special?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone have a 5IV ditto they are willing to part with? I have one with max HP, so I need something like x/31/31/31/31/31.

Should I go with Phantom Force or Shadow Claw on my Trevenant?

EDIT: Or maybe Poison Jab?

Phantom Force is a better long-term attack (if you've already killed their Normal-types and potential Trevenant-killers, of which there are few with proper setup) because once you have a proper stall going it allows you to stay invulnerable for a turn and potentially restore health via Leech Seed / Sitrus Harvest during that immunity. Shadow Claw is a better short-term attack, if you need to off something using Trevenant personally.

Firestorm

Should I go with Phantom Force or Shadow Claw on my Trevenant?

EDIT: Or maybe Poison Jab?
I have Phantom Force right now which is nice as it breaks Protect but will likely switch over to Shadow Claw because I don't want to waste an extra turn when fighting against Trick Room teams or soon under my own Trick Room once I put him on a Trick Room team.

I would just use Knock Off and Aerial Ace so the latter gets a technician boost.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Are my Pokémon automatically levelled up to Level 50 in the Battle Maison and multiplayer battles, or do I have to level them up to 50 or higher?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I just realised that Head Smash is an egg move. .-.

Does anyone have an extra Aron or Nidoran with Head Smash I could have?

It took me so long to breed and EV train my Aron, too. :(

lupinko

Is Modest Yveltal with 31/31/31/30/31/28-29 IVs O.K.? If so, I'll clone one for you later.

You've got yourself a deal! Thanks. =)

I figured not many people would give it easily. =/

I'm not in the cloning business, but with Pokebank coming up, I'll have many legendaries, mainly because they repeat from game to game. (Bringing up pokes from LG/Emerald/Pearl/Platinum/SS/White/B2/W2).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is Stone Edge a suitable replacement for Head Smash on an Aggron? I didn't realise Head Smash was an egg move, and now I have a fully EV trained perfect Aron I can't use. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Stone Edge a suitable replacement for Head Smash on an Aggron? I didn't realise Head Smash was an egg move, and now I have a fully EV trained perfect Aron I can't use. :(

Well it's got 50 less base power and the same accuracy.

PS: Can someone clone me a 5IV ditto, any nature?

Just kind of lost the will to do anything in Pokemon right now. At 67 link battle wins and I feel like I might be done. Help inspire me, PokeGAF.

Top Bottom