• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

macklelol

GGs upandaway! Man, I had zero chance of winning that first game. Second game was pretty close, though. Doublade living through that EQ like a champ.

NEO0MJ

Oh man, thanks a lot for the Deino. Was something I was thinking of breeding but can't be arsed to breed more dragons.

Thanks for the Litwick! And yeah, breeding Dragons is really difficult and time consuming. Took me forever to find a female Zweilous so I can put her in a luxury ball.

GGs upandaway! Man, I had zero chance of winning that first game. Second game was pretty close, though. Doublade living through that EQ like a champ.

How good is Duoblade as a tank? I wonder if it can be another Chansey, Gligar or Dusklops.

upandaway

Yeah I went with the other team which was pretty much opposite of the first one. I played too predictably in the second game because I just didn't know how far ahead you think based on the first game. Your Gengar completely checked my Espeon too, if it wasn't for him I would have used Espeon everywhere.

Probably could've won if my Metagross had Pursuit (switched it out for Rock Slide).

macklelol

How good is Duoblade as a tank? I wonder if it can be another Chansey, Gligar or Dusklops.

I haven't really played with it enough to tell you how good it is. It can survive against some really strong attacks, though. But it also lacks any sort of recovery, which makes it hard to soak lots of attacks.

Yeah I went with the other team which was pretty much opposite of the first one. I played too predictably in the second game because I just didn't know how far ahead you think based on the first game. Your Gengar completely checked my Espeon too, if it wasn't for him I would have used Espeon everywhere.

Probably could've won if my Metagross had Pursuit (switched it out for Rock Slide).

I was actually expecting you to switch in that Espeon more often, which was why I sent out those random Shadow Sneaks with my Gourgeist, to try and get the kill on it.

The 1st time I use High Jump Kick and it misses, handing the game over to the opponent's Mega Kangaskhan.
Thanks a lot Hawlucha.
This is precisely why I have Hone Claws instead of Swords Dance on Blaziken.
Can you say that battling is all that matters in Pokemon?
I certainly can, at least. It's what you spend the majority of the game doing, after all.
Smogon probably. Weren't they holding a poll to decide?

They can eat a barrel of dicks.

Fuck getting 6Vs actually.
What were you trying for? Personally I only bother on dual egg groups (and have only done one so far). I should work out a strategy for most egg group coverage with least Pokemon.

Related, I remember in Gen 3 there was a venn diagram showing all the egg groups and who was in multiple ones. Anything more recent made or am I best just looking at lists and working things out by hand.

macklelol

Why did my internet had to get cut-off :(
Still, GG. An all bug team, I like that. Wish I had the guts to go with a themed team.

You should try it out, it can be pretty entertaining. It can also suck horribly. But that's part of the fun. (I'm using a mono Ghost type team myself)

NEO0MJ

I can trade now!

Thanks for the Aggronite! While I'm in no rush to breed that pokemon, I think I might use him in the future.

You should try it out, it can be pretty entertaining. It can also suck horribly. But that's part of the fun. (I'm using a mono Ghost type team myself)

Unintentionally I'm actually getting real close to having a full bug team. But considering that theme was already taken maybe I'll go with dragon? I already have three after all, which are Dragalge (poison), Noivern (flying) and Hydreigon (dark). I could add Kingdra and Flygon to make sure each has a unique type, though there's still the last spot. Maybe I can use Goodra as a pure.

Edit: Forgot about Tyrantrum. Plus there are two Mega dragons with unique typing, Charizard X and Ampharos. Might actually do this, now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What were you trying for? Personally I only bother on dual egg groups (and have only done one so far). I should work out a strategy for most egg group coverage with least Pokemon.

Related, I remember in Gen 3 there was a venn diagram showing all the egg groups and who was in multiple ones. Anything more recent made or am I best just looking at lists and working things out by hand.

I have a 6V field and 6V amorphous. I was trying to make a 6V grass but got sick of breeding for awhile.

upandaway

Is there really any point? Breeding for 2 5IVs Pokemon (between attack and special attack) is faster than breeding a 6IV Pokemon, and you get 2 different natures as a bonus in case your female doesn't have the right nature, speeding the process by 1 batch.

Not to mention, you will have to "normally" breed an egg group for the first time either way, so it's better to wait until you have a specific Pokemon you want to breed (and if it turns out female, you can always use that female to breed a male one more easily), and just use that one.

My egg group library is basically all the Pokemon I bred for battling
TBowL9y.jpg

spiritfox

Theres also Moltres.
Volcarona is neutral to it too.

I didn't count Moltres since I don't like to use legendaries.

Actually, I think Rock is a bigger danger. The only fire types that take neutral from it are Camerupt and Heatran. One's a legendary and the other kinda... Sucks.

upandaway

Actually, I think Rock is a bigger danger. The only fire types that take neutral from it are Camerupt and Heatran. One's a legendary and the other kinda... Sucks.
Yeah but rock also has terrible attacks and a million things with high defense that resist it.

Also Charizard Y has Solar Beam to take care of rocks, as long as he's faster.

Firestorm

Fire/flying is immune to earthquake.

Also arguably has two top tier threats right now.
We had a really good chat about this on one of my IRC channels just a few hours ago.

[00:55] <~Synre> i still think its hilarious
[00:55] <~Synre> that in a metagame with three fire/flying pokemon
[00:55] <~Synre> two are amazing and one is unplayable
[00:55] <~Synre> the unplayable one is the legendary
[00:55] <R_Inanimate> free Moltres
[00:56] <~Synre> but the good ones are a starter and a route 1 bird
[00:56] <~Synre> what the fuck is wrong wiht this game

NEO0MJ

The biggest problem for a fire team is stealth rocks, but I guess you can use a Torkoal to spin them away. There might even be a fire with defog/haze that I don't know of.

Moltres is not that good a pokemon, especially for a legendary. And don't you dare say anything bad about Camerupt!

PK Gaming

We had a really good chat about this on one of my IRC channels just a few hours ago.

[00:55] <~Synre> i still think its hilarious
[00:55] <~Synre> that in a metagame with three fire/flying pokemon
[00:55] <~Synre> two are amazing and one is unplayable
[00:55] <~Synre> the unplayable one is the legendary
[00:55] <R_Inanimate> free Moltres
[00:56] <~Synre> but the good ones are a starter and a route 1 bird
[00:56] <~Synre> what the fuck is wrong wiht this game
Lmao

I love X & Y.

Top Bottom