• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Shouta

I'm not sure why they'd buff already strong pokemon, really.

I want a Mega Pidgeot or something instead of a Mega Lucario.

DaBoss

Mega Evolutions are a combination of popularity and Pokemon that need buffs.
Why are rating battles still down? I thought maintenance day was Monday.
Disabled until further notice: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/fc0d552d-cbf1-45a6-a144-a4951990f512

EDIT: I was distracted by the Project M stream so I was so late for the post lol.
I just found that. I'm glad they are making significant strides to curb cheating.
Should have been done before. =/

Firestorm

Mawile and Kangaskhan are hardly something I'd call "impossible to deal with." Both are awesome megas. Mewtwo was already created to be ultra powerful so who cares if he gets a buff. You'll never see him anyway. Charizard also needed the buff. The only really top tier Pokemon who got a Mega Evolution were Tyranitar, Scizor and Garchomp who are not very popular Megas because people prefer to use their Mega slot elsewhere.

I got three HP Ice Eevees. Anybody want one?

EDIT:
Let me rephrase that. I have 3 31/xx/30/31/31/31 Eevees that happen to have Hidden Power Ice.

Infinite

Mawile and Kangaskhan are hardly something I'd call "impossible to deal with." Both are awesome megas. Mewtwo was already created to be ultra powerful so who cares if he gets a buff. You'll never see him anyway. Charizard also needed the buff. The only really top tier Pokemon who got a Mega Evolution were Tyranitar, Scizor and Garchomp who are not very popular Megas because people prefer to use their Mega slot elsewhere.

Lucario and Gengar are "top tier" pokes with megas as well.

Wichu

You missed Gengar and Blaziken. Both very good previously; Mega Blaziken takes what's there already and turns it up to eleven, while Mega Gengar becomes a terrifying trapper who can pick off opponents' team members almost at will.

Fake edit: Yeah, and Lucario too.

Now that I think aabout it, a Normal / Steel type could be immune to both of Gengar's STABs.

It'd need a way to deal with Focus Blast, though.

I wonder what a normal steel type would be.

I would say a piece of ore, but we already have carbink.

I've had an idea for a "bread-and-butter automaton," that is, a Porygon-style artificial Pokemon, but one that's used in such a commonplace fashion that it would become the norm, hence the typing.

zj6rt3W.png

It'd be mostly white, but the eyes / head diamond along with the "racing stripes," etc. would be a deep blue. A benevolent company along the lines of Sylph Co. would manufacture them for security purposes. In terms of gameplay, it'd function a bit like Metagross mixed with Snorlax in that it has substantial special defenses and completely abandons any potential notions of speed. I don't know about abilities, but Analytic seems like a good fit - attacks get a Life Orb-level power boost if they move second.

In a metagame format, Assault Vest Valloroy would probably destroy and be a particularly noteworthy Gengar counter, with EV spreads ensuring you could survive at least one max-investment Focus Blast to retaliate with Mirror Coat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've had an idea for a "bread-and-butter automaton," that is, a Porygon-style artificial Pokemon, but one that's used in such a commonplace fashion that it would become the norm, hence the typing.

zj6rt3W.png

It'd be mostly white, but the eyes / head diamond along with the "racing stripes," etc. would be a deep blue. A benevolent company along the lines of Sylph Co. would manufacture them for security purposes. In terms of gameplay, it'd function a bit like Metagross mixed with Snorlax in that it has substantial special defenses and completely abandons any potential notions of speed. I don't know about abilities, but Analytic seems like a good fit - attacks get a Life Orb-level power boost if they move second.

In a metagame format, Assault Vest Valloroy would probably destroy and be a particularly noteworthy Gengar counter, with EV spreads ensuring you could survive at least one max-investment Focus Blast to retaliate with Mirror Coat.

When I saw your illustration I thought you were making a speaker system pokemon, and the evolution system would be from 2.0 to 5.1 surround sound.

Mega would be Dolby atmos.

I have never noticed that ribbon going between Sylveon's front legs before.

Sorry for whatever reason you showed up as an acquaintance and I thought you were a rando so I just showed my shiny. My bad. Hope I didn't psych you out.

Yeah. If there was some random just showing off his legendary, I'd flash a shiny too.

Fuck came in too late... Got any female 3-4iv eevees that have iv's in at least attack and sp.defense? I need one badly! If you have 3-4iv female with special attack that's fine too.

I have a non-HA one with HP, Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed. Haven't gotten to breeding HA ones yet.

Top Bottom