• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

So no eevee? I can offer a 4v for it, need it badly and I'll do whatever it takes to get it!

It turns out I had one more HP Ice Eevee. It's male. I still have that 4V female with HP, Def, Sp.Def, and Speed if you want that instead. Neither of them have their Hidden Ability though.

FC: 3866-8751-4302

PK Gaming

(Sweatdrop)

Naive or Naughty nature on Mega Garchomp

I really wanted to use Garchomp in 3v3, so I set out to build one. At first I thought about using SD, but it was a no go, since vanilla Garchomp is so much better at it. Mixed was definitely the way to go, but I couldn't decide on whether I wanted the extra Speed (on the turn it Mega Evolves, Mega Garchomp has 102 base Speed) or the power (It could use all of the power it can get, since it's not "that" strong). Garchomp itself is really, really annoying and the potential to speed-tie compels me to use Naive.

I've spent hours agonizing over this decision.

(Sweatdrop)

I really wanted to use Garchomp in 3v3, so I set out to build one. At first I thought about using SD, but it was a no go, since vanilla Garchomp is so much better at it. Mixed was definitely the way to go, but I couldn't decide on whether I wanted the extra Speed (on the turn it Mega Evolves, Mega Garchomp has 102 base Speed) or the power (It could use all of the power it can get, since it's not "that" strong). Garchomp itself is really, really annoying and the potential to speed-tie compels me to use Naive.

Give it a +Sp. Attack nature. Remember your swimming pool/glass of water analogy?

Sigmaah

It turns out I had one more HP Ice Eevee. It's male. I still have that 4V female with HP, Def, Sp.Def, and Speed if you want that instead.

Can I get both for offering something good to you? I'll list what I have to offer.

Any ability 5v drillbur adamant
5v Japanese male lapras water absorb modest
5v male sync abra timid

All I got for the hp eevee. For the 4v eevee I have scyther, larvitar, Goomy, rotoms abras, gibles. That's about it lol.

FC is 1048-9257-7593 ign is Jody!

Can I get both for offering something good to you? I'll list what I have to offer.

Any ability 5v drillbur adamant
5v Japanese male lapras water absorb modest
5v male sync abra timid

All I got for the hp eevee. For the 4v eevee I have scyther, larvitar, Goomy, rotoms abras, gibles. That's about it lol.

FC is 1048-9257-7593 ign is Jody!

Drillbur sounds good. Alright. I'll be on in a moment.

IGN: Calem

PK Gaming

Give it a +Sp. Attack nature. Remember your swimming pool/glass of water analogy?
Hmm, maybe I should invest in Special Attack. I was thinking of using a physically oriented spread (252atk/252spd) that could also take on physical walls such as Gliscor, Ferrothorn and phys defense Rotom-W, but maybe I should change my thinking. After all, the metagame is definitely biased towards physical defense, and an inconspicuous Special Attacker like Mega Garchomp could catch people off guard.

I think i'll just YOLO w/ a Rash nature. PURE POWER OVER SPEED
So you want to use Naive to speed tie with other Garchomp on the turn you Mega Evolve?
Yeah, or in cases where I haven't Mega Evolved yet and i'm faced off against an opposing Garchomp.

backlot

(Sweatdrop)

So you want to use Naive to speed tie with other Garchomp on the turn you Mega Evolve?

Yeah, or in cases where I haven't Mega Evolved yet and i'm faced off against an opposing Garchomp.

I don't think it's worth sacrificing power for a 50% chance of not being killed by other Garchomps. You'd probably be better off finding a more reliable way to deal with them.

Hmm, maybe I should invest in Special Attack. I was thinking of using a physically oriented spread (252atk/252spd) that could also take on physical walls such as Gliscor, Ferrothorn and phys defense Rotom-W, but maybe I should change my thinking. After all, the metagame is definitely biased towards physical defense, and an inconspicuous Special Attacker like Mega Garchomp could catch people off guard.

I think i'll just YOLO w/ a Rash nature. PURE POWER OVER SPEED

You should use it the same way I use Nidoking. Send out this big bad lookin' motherlover at which point the enemy has a mini-heart attack and sends in its best physical wall to deal with it because how else do you counter something that literally has scythes for hands and a tattered leather jacket for a torso, at which point you go "GOTCHA, SUCKA" and Special Attack them to death.

PK Gaming

You should use it the same way I use Nidoking. Send out this big bad lookin' motherlover at which point the enemy has a mini-heart attack and sends in its best physical wall to deal with it because how else do you counter something that literally has scythes for hands and a tattered leather jacket for a torso, at which point you go "GOTCHA, SUCKA" and Special Attack them to death.

I don't think it's worth sacrificing power for a 50% chance of not being killed by other Garchomps. You'd probably be better off finding a more reliable way to deal with them.

Alright, thanks for that alternate perspective guys.

Now I just need to make the sucker, haha.

Fury Sense

imo the only way to stop online cheating is to spread it so much that nintendo is forced to react.

we cannot prevent its spread nor block access to it. hiding it will only help the cheaters get away with it and make the people that don't know more vulnerable

edit: realized there is a thread about this already. hax are worse now though http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724024

Growlie19

I've been randomly challenged by people, and most of the time, I sweep them. I've had one very close win and one loss recently, and that was a close battle, too. Either most people don't bother with the exploit or don't know about it. I agree that Nintendo/Game Freak should do something about this, but no one I've fought seems to be cheating.

For said very close victory, see the following battle video: F2EW-WWWW-WWW3-FV7U. Cinccino's pretty much the only reason I won. Love the little guy. :3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Thing is, isn't the cheat just letting you preview the other team's pokemon's movepool? Which is a huge advantage, but if you're still crap at predicting or knowing about matchups you're still going to be outplayed by someone who does know it.

Also a lot of random players just seem to challenge with legendary teams.

Thing is, isn't the cheat just letting you preview the other team's pokemon's movepool? Which is a huge advantage, but if you're still crap at predicting or knowing about matchups you're still going to be outplayed by someone who does know it.

Also a lot of random players just seem to challenge with legendary teams.

With enough knowledge of the game, you can already predict which moves your opponent will have at the team preview.

Antiwhippy

Oh no, I understand that, I'm just saying that they could be using that preview but still be crap. :p

edit: oh, alright. Didn't know about that new cheat. Yeah that is terrible.

Yet we're all okay with cloning and other exploits.
ibpJTd5cldhWBk.gif

Antiwhippy

Aw yeah. 5V roselia with max IVs in everything but attack. Also has leaf storm, sleep powder, and spikes, and getting those on her were an ordeal. I think I might go for a 6V male one just to have a 6V male in that egg group.

Fury Sense

Whether or not we agree with egg rejection, cloning, sv, and other exploits is irrelevant to the validity of our opinions on battle exploits.

Antiwhippy

Fuck getting 6Vs actually.

So... a team with 3 fairy weaknesses. Honchkrow, crawdaunt and tyranitar. Good idea?

Though to be fair I have lucario and roselia to deal with them.

NEO0MJ

I'm willing to battle if someone is ready.

Man, dazzling gleam coverage sucks for TTar. Everything which he can be used to check has dazzling gleam.

Did you try using it with assault vest? It's one of that item's best users.

Fuck getting 6Vs actually.

So... a team with 3 fairy weaknesses. Honchkrow, crawdaunt and tyranitar. Good idea?

Though to be fair I have lucario and roselia to deal with them.

My team has so many shared weaknesses to so many things it's not even funny. I need a water and steel pokemon.

Can you say that battling is all that matters in Pokemon?

No, but clearly it's an important part.

I never got the "shiny economy" BUT shiny hunting was always "my thing" once I got back into Pokemon after that clusterfuck of a 3rd gen (I said it ...).

I want shinys because they look good to ME ... not to trade them for some other shiny I might like. Now I'm starting to think about battling other players and want good Pokemon for that. Which is why SV is so good, it allows people like me to get the shinys we want and train them without having to dump hours and hours into rng.

SV is very disruptive to this "economy" I guess ... gives far more to those with breeding skills then the normal shiny traders I guess. But I feel SV is for people like me, who don't care for trading shinys and just want them for personal use. I think that's how most SV people are ... I really don't see them trading their Pokemon for random joe-blow mons. So really, I'm not seeing how it's effecting collectors.

Antiwhippy

I'm willing to battle if someone is ready.

Did you try using it with assault vest? It's one of that item's best users.

he's my stealth rock setter, so no. Maybe I'll use it though and forgo SR.

Also hey, do you still want that litwick you PM'd me about?

Top Bottom