• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

spiritfox

Drilbur - #529 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 31

Hmm this one's slightly better.

It only took me 10 eggs to get a HP Ice Vulpix (granted I had a HP Ice Jolteon to start with). If you keep trying, you'll get a decent one eventually.

I've been breeding for a few days, and I just want to move on to my other projects. It's not like Excadrill can really take a hit anyway.

Was EVing a Vulpix and this shows up. Fortunately, Tailow give Speed EVs too...

Ba2oPd9IEAAcNLP.jpg:large

Named it Luigi as we put the year of Luigi to rest.

Do you guys think that Drain Punch/Crunch/Dragon Dance/Poison Jab would be a good moveset for a Moxie Scrafty? The lack of Ice Punch is going to hurt a little, but he definitely needs something to deal with Fairy-types.

RomanceDawn

Do you guys think that Drain Punch/Crunch/Dragon Dance/Poison Jab would be a good moveset for a Moxie Scrafty? The lack of Ice Punch is going to hurt a little, but he definitely needs something to deal with Fairy-types.

I think that's perfect actually. It's the move set I would use.

Does anyone have a female prankster Sableye in a Dusk ball? Its a bit of a tall order but I have some good 4IV Pokemon to trade.

I think that's perfect actually. It's the move set I would use.

Does anyone have a female prankster Sableye in a Dusk ball? Its a bit of a tall order but I have some good 4IV Pokemon to trade.

I have a female Prankster Sableye in a Dusk Ball that has perfect IVs in HP, Sp. Defense and Speed. It's yours if you want it!

RomanceDawn

My code is: 0044 2811 9045.

Perfect Adamant Mankey with Night Slash.

4 IV Mienfoo with knock off.

4 IV grass worm that learns sticky web.

4 IV Corphish with dragon dance and aqua jet.

PK Gaming

Mega Garchomp has been a beast on showdown. I can't wait to make one ingame!
Totally

It sucks not being able to straight up wreck Gliscor or Dragon-types, but I think you'll definitely make due with that set. Fortunately, Pokebank is right around the corner so you'll be smashing fools left and right in no time.

Have you decided on Scrafty's nature? Jolly = outspeed everything up to the 130 base Speed tier after a Dragon Dance. Adamant = You're limited to the base 95 Speed tier. It's not an easy choice to make; Adamant provides a pretty significant boost in power, and Jolly prevents you being outsped at +1 from from the likes of Garchomp, Greninja, etc.

I'm probably going to go with Jolly, since Moxie will make up for the lack of Adamant after one KO. It's really important that the little guy is able to outspeed everything that he can, since he needs to keep momentum going in order to reach his full potential. I remain to be baffled as to why he doesn't get Sucker Punch though; that move would be amazing for getting the ball rolling earlygame and/or revenge killing pesky threats and Sashed/Sturdy folk.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a secret to getting evolutionary stones through the Super Secret Training?

Goddamn Stardusts and Hard Stones =[

I need me some dawn and shiny stones!

EDIT: See I fucked up on a run and got a Dawn Stone this time, wtf.

Infinite

Is there a secret to getting evolutionary stones through the Super Secret Training?

Goddamn Stardusts and Hard Stones =[

I need me some dawn and shiny stones!

EDIT: See I fucked up on a run and got a Dawn Stone this time, wtf.

You gotta score pretty good and I mean finish as fast as you can

Well that crit really screwed me over Yvonne ._.
At least you missed that 2nd Play Rough
Edit: Sorry about the Wish/Protect stalling I thought you were Choiced.

Paltros

Drilbur - #529 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 31

Hmm this one's slightly better.

I've been breeding for a few days, and I just want to move on to my other projects. It's not like Excadrill can really take a hit anyway.
I know what you mean about them Drilburs, it took me 4 hours and like 80 eggs to get a 6 IV Drilbur.... female with Sand Force. Then another hour and 20 eggs more to get a 5 IV HA Drilbur without SpA IV. On the other hand, I got a perfect Marril in a single lunch break.

spiritfox

I forgot about that! Sorry :(
Nice Shiny Flygon and you're very good at predicting unfortunately for me.

It's ok =)

It was just lucky guesses. I was expecting you to use Trick Room, which would be bad for me since I rely so much on outspeeding, except for Mawile, but even she can't take hits.

It's ok =)

It was just lucky guesses. I was expecting you to use Trick Room, which would be bad for me since I rely so much on outspeeding, except for Mawile, but even she can't take hits.
Because of my Aromatisse and Quagsire???
I've never actually had a Trick Room team.
I just use Aromatisse because she's a Wish/Aromatherapy user that can't be taunted. Quagsire is just there to stop Physical boosters.

spiritfox

Because of my Aromatisse and Quagsire???
I've never actually had a Trick Room team.
I just use Aromatisse because she's a Wish/Aromatherapy user that can't be taunted. Quagsire is just there to stop Physical boosters.

Because of them and Trevenant, who are all slow mons that can benefit from Trick Room. Plus Aromatisse is a good Trick Room user. Guess I was wrong.

Usobuko

Banned
To whoever that was breeding Eevee a couple of pages before, don't give up so easily. On my 2nd day of breeding, I finally got my ideal IV/nature/ability spread for both Espeon and Vaporean. Best thing is the Espeon is female ;)

Kyzon

Guys, I want to see your matches. Post some codes up :D

Here's my set from a match I played tonight. (I'm hype since I won 2-1 lol)

6DMW-WWWW-WWW3-HNZR
5YSG-WWWW-WWW3-HNP2
V8BW-WWWW-WWW3-HNP9

Firestorm

Ahaha, oh wow. First time I've seen that safeswagger strategy.
Yeah, it's something two of my friends tried back in Gen 4, but I think it's more viable now because Safeguard is such a useful move against Thunder Wave, Wil-o-Wisp, and Dark Void, all of which should see increased usage this year with the lack of access to Icy Wind / Tailwind, abundance of physical attackers, and unbanning of Dark Void.

It's funny because he'd made the case to me about keeping Swagger on Klefki in the days before the tournament too and I didn't put it on there. What's also funny is that just one day before it, we were discussing our Klefki spreads. Mine had 16 speed EVs to beat other Klefkis but his had 20. dat speed creep

Honestly I played like shit that third game though :( I lost like on Turn 2 or 3.

NEO0MJ

Say, does anyone know that ability that boosts the chance of encountering wild pokemon of the opposite gender?

Also, can anyone help me transfer my pokemon between my two games?

So I've been soft-resetting and trying to get a Modest Yveltal. However, I was sleepy and, in one instance of forgetfulness, I saved the game after the cutscene without finding out the nature of my Yveltal. When I did, I found out too late that it has Adamant nature. +Atk, -Sp. Atk. :/

Can this work? I'm not really looking into competitive play for this one, but my OC-ness is preventing me from disregarding the fact that Yveltal's trademark move is special-based.

Here're its stats:

HP: 201
ATK: 167
DEF: 110
SP. ATK: 135
SP. DEF: 106
SPD: 111

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, yeah, the RNG was on my side that match. Though I would like to think that the critical damage didn't matter. >_> <_<

GGs.

Man, I've been out of the loop. Pretty much dropped the game after beating the elite four a few weeks ago. What is there to do post-game? Also, where can I find general guides and advice for competitive team-building and strategy?

NEO0MJ

Man, I've been out of the loop. Pretty much dropped the game after beating the elite four a few weeks ago. What is there to do post-game? Also, where can I find general guides and advice for competitive team-building and strategy?

All that's left to do is the Looker quest and Capturing the remaining Legendary Pokemon. After that all the game has left to offer is battling at the maison and the institute.

So trying to organise my overflowing PC to work out what to release (or breed better versions of and wonder trade inferior) I found a Mild Ralts. Mild being the last nature I needed in my Ditto collection. First Ditto careful...its stats looked high so I calculated them:
Ditto - #132 (Careful) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 19 / 30
What a handy breeding partner.

Second one was mild and 3 perfects (HP/SpA/SpD)

Edit: So a random observation that the FE thread made me think of. Why I care less for newer Pokemon is due to how lacking their Pokedex entries are and how older Pokemon have just been copy paste since gen 4. Quick example with Crawdaunt:
Ruby said:
Crawdaunt has an extremely violent nature that compels it to challenge other living things to battle. Other life-forms refuse to live in ponds inhabited by this Pokémon, making them desolate places.
to...
DPT/Black/X said:
It is a ruffian that uses its pincers to pick up and toss out other Pokémon from its pond.
It also makes me wonder if they were going to reuse text why would use the concise (and inferior) version? Or would that mean having to put an effort into new Pokemon and Pokedex hyperbole/facts (no slugma is not hotter than the surface of the sun)

Wichu

So trying to organise my overflowing PC to work out what to release (or breed better versions of and wonder trade inferior) I found a Mild Ralts. Mild being the last nature I needed in my Ditto collection. First Ditto careful...its stats looked high so I calculated them:
Ditto - #132 (Careful) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 19 / 30
What a handy breeding partner.

Second one was mild and 3 perfects (HP/SpA/SpD)

Edit: So a random observation that the FE thread made me think of. Why I care less for newer Pokemon is due to how lacking their Pokedex entries are and how older Pokemon have just been copy paste since gen 4. Quick example with Crawdaunt:

to...

It also makes me wonder if they were going to reuse text why would use the concise (and inferior) version? Or would that mean having to put an effort into new Pokemon and Pokedex hyperbole/facts (no slugma is not hotter than the surface of the sun)

Ruby/Sapphire supported two pages of text for the Pokédex description, while all games since then only have one page, hence the shorter Pokédex entries.

And that's a lovely Ditto.

SeZMehK

It's been a week since I came back from vacation from India. Apparently I've had jetlag for the entire week. I finally feel like playing again. Time to go back to breeding again. :D

Top Bottom