• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Alright, time to try the complain on GAF method.

All I want is a female Togepi with 5 IVs. I've given up on hoping for Serene Grace, so I'll just use an Ability Capsule when the time comes. Damn you for your utterly stupid 12% chance of a female, Nintendo. I was really hoping you'd adjust this crap!

I seriously cannot get a 5 IV Eevee female with HiddenAbility. I've got a dad with 5 IV, and Mom with 3 IV. It takes fucking forever to breed a female Eevee due to the 12% ratio so I have yet to get any 4 IVs to pass a long. Frustrating. Going to keep trying. Anyone interested in 4 IV Male Eevees with Hidden Ability?

Velcro Fly

After a few delays, I think I'm ready to take on the Elite 4!

Need to get to the pokemon league so I can ditch some crappy HMs from my movesets.

I hope on the next game this gen there are move tutors :(

I seriously cannot get a 5 IV Eevee female with HiddenAbility. I've got a dad with 5 IV, and Mom with 3 IV. It takes fucking forever to breed a female Eevee due to the 12% ratio so I have yet to get any 4 IVs to pass a long. Frustrating. Going to keep trying. Anyone interested in 4 IV Male Eevees with Hidden Ability?
I was doing the same for 3 days and ended up giving up.
I had a 4IV Female and a 5IV Male.

Wazzy

Banned
Are you looking for a female 4IV Eevee? I've got one but it's without HA.

Ah, Eevee.

I was breeding them yesterday. RNG gods were trolling the fuck out of me. Every time I would get a female with more than three IVs: It had Run Away as an ability. :lol

I somehow didn't rage; I was watching Parks and Recreation while hatching so I maintained my cool with laughs...

Will continue the deed today.

Well, decided to give up on my hunt for a shiny Goomy for now. Too many things I want to breed and train and I'll never get that done while on the hunt for a shiny Goomy. Plus I already have a Sap Sipper Modest Goomy with max HP/Def//Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe and that's good enough for me.

I'm thinking of setting it's EV's up as 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk 4 Sp. Def for a bulky special sweeper? Anyone else think that's good before I start Horde training?

MegaMelon

Hold me gaf. Just got my 8th overall shiny and my fifth shiny this year- a shiny totodile in hg! Decided to do a few resets for fun as I'd done all I could in Y and boom! I'm so happy cause I've got all the jhoto starters shiny. On a separate note, my hg cart loves me, its given me 4shinies, 3 being the jhoto starters. I wish you all the best of luck in whatever your doing :)

Keep on trying! I have both 31/X/31/31/31/31 HA Sylveon(F) and 31/X/30/31/31/31 HA Eevee(F). The RNG gods should pray upon you eventually!

Tiamant

Omastar is the best.

Pffft, such an amateur!

213.gif

Milennia

Well, decided to give up on my hunt for a shiny Goomy for now. Too many things I want to breed and train and I'll never get that done while on the hunt for a shiny Goomy. Plus I already have a Sap Sipper Modest Goomy with max HP/Def//Sp.Atk/Sp.Def/Spe and that's good enough for me.

I'm thinking of setting it's EV's up as 252 HP 252 Sp. Atk 4 Sp. Def for a bulky special sweeper? Anyone else think that's good before I start Horde training?

I prefer SP def for that line, but HP would probably work well overall, goodra is so naturally beefy already that i just dump everything into SP def and SP atck.

I prefer SP def for that line, but HP would probably work well overall, goodra is so naturally beefy already that i just dump everything into SP def and SP atck.

I went with 252 HP 252 Sp.Atk and 4 Sp. Def

Now is the time for movesets... thinking of running Dragon Pulse/Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower and either Thunderbolt or, surprisingly, Infestation. Infestation would definitely be more of a gimmick idea, but it's one I'm interested in trying nonetheless. Anyone found any good use for Infestation at all?

Edit: Next I think I'll go for Muk, and then maybe Mega Heracross. There's SO many Pokemon I wanna train up and now it's actually feasible XD

Usobuko

Banned

Heh, Deja Vu. Breeding Eevee reminds me how much I dislike the process now. I keep getting the unwanted nature but ideal IVs combinations.

For Goodra? There are a few routes you can take if you want to be simple:

-Outspeed 20 Speed Rotom, rest in HP and Sp. Atk
-Outspeed 4/12 Speed Milotic, " " " " "
-Outspeed 4/12 Speed base 80's, " " " " "

Though actually you probably want some DEF in there but I'm too lazy to mess around with calcs. No, it doesn't need more Sp. Def. It *NEEDS* HP and/or DEF and with Goodra you really want a good amount of fire power. Though Timid and max speed would be legit.

But crikey, don't do 252HP/4SpDef/252SpA! At least put that last point in speed! By putting that last point in SpDef you're losing the fellow-80-base-speed-tank match-up for no real benefit.

Though actually you probably want some DEF in there but I'm too lazy to mess around with calcs. No, it doesn't need more Sp. Def. It *NEEDS* HP and/or DEF and with Goodra you really want a good amount of fire power. Though Timid and max speed would be legit.

But crikey, don't do 252HP/4SpDef/252SpA! At least put that last point in speed! By putting that last point in SpDef you're losing the fellow-80-base-speed-tank match-up for no real benefit.

Hm, ok. Well, I just need a way to get rid of those 4 EV's in Sp. Def then without losing ALL of my EV's...

Edit: For Muk, I should probably go Impish right? Anyone know a good EV spread for Muk?

Milennia

I dont understand why it wouldn't need more sp def in a meta where the only real physical threat is a kangaskhan in terms of goodra and viability... Following the asian meta of course, they also run it with full sp atck and sp def.

Every other physical attacker is almost nonexistent in the actual meta over there (which reflects on americas meta as well of course), trick room is still rampant, as well as hail room and rain, nothing has really changed other than scrafty seemingly getting a boot for some reason that i cannot yet gather over there from alot of teams.

upandaway

Do those 4 points even matter? I've never fought a level 100 match in the game yet. Everything is level 50.

You go HP over Sp. Def because on Goodra both give you pretty much the same special bulk. Therefore, going HP is the right move because it helps out with the physical side of things, too.

If your opponent's running TR they'll have -Speed on their Goodra.
It'll only get rid of the 4 Sp. Def EV's I have and no more than that?
Yep! Only affects that stat.

@upandaway: The first 4 points matter for odd IVs in level 50 play. Some people don't seem to understand this so I feel like stressing that point. That is why you want 31 IVs for stats you plan on investing in. It's not that intuitive, though.

Holmes

My Goomy is Bold, and has Acid Armor and Counter. I'm thinking of running Acid Armor/Draco Meteor/Infestation/Fire Blast or Thunder. Haven't thought of the EVs yet, but 252 HP is basically a must imo, and I'll probably put most of the rest in defense.

Milennia

You go HP over Sp. Def because on Goodra both give you pretty much the same special bulk. Therefore, going HP is the right move because it helps out with the physical side of things, too.

If your opponent's running TR they'll have -Speed on their Goodra.

Yep! Only affects that stat.

@upandaway: The first 4 points matter for odd IVs in level 50 play. Some people don't seem to understand this so I feel like stressing that point. That is why you want 31 IVs for stats you plan on investing in. It's not that intuitive, though.

But there are no physical threats. He's used as a utility tank that can put out massive back pocket damage. (He's not used much but when he is)
He's naturally more beefy than most other pokemon in the literal meta, he's not used in room comps at all, even if quiet.

If your playing casually, sure who the hell cares, but in the literal meta it does half of what a proper build would do against the top comps.

upandaway

Yeah wait a sec I really don't, how does this work? Isn't it 8 points? How's that fair?

At level 50, the varying parts of the stat are (IV/2 + EV/8). At L50, 30 is the same as 31, and every 8 EVs (instead of every 4) count towards 1 extra point in a stat. So if you reeeeally want the extra point, go 248/248/8 and put the last 6 in anything.

upandaway

At level 50, the varying parts of the stat are (IV/2 + EV/8). At L50, 30 is the same as 31, and every 8 EVs (instead of every 4) count towards 1 extra point in a stat. So if you reeeeally want the extra point, go 248/248/8 and put the last 6 in anything.
Yeah that's how I figured it was. I'm not sure what he meant, then.

Edit: wait, you mean that the half points in IVs and EVs are combined and aren't rounded down?

You got the first part right but the overall conclusion wrong. 31/2 + 4/8 = 15.5 + .5, correct? And 15.5 + .5 = 16, correct? But 30/2 + 4/8 = 15 + .5 = 15.5, right? And Pokemon rounds down so it's just 15. Similarly, 31/2 + 8/8 = 15.5 + 1 = 16.5, which rounds down to 16. So 248/248/8 is wasting 12 EVs. For odd IVs you want 4 + 8K EVs, where K is an integer.

You got the first part right but the overall conclusion wrong. 31/2 + 4/8 = 15.5 + .5, correct? And 15.5 + .5 = 16, correct? But 30/2 + 4/8 = 15 + .5 = 15.5, right? And Pokemon rounds down so it's just 15. Similarly, 31/2 + 8/8 = 15.5 + 1 = 16.5, which rounds down to 16. So 248/248/8 is wasting 12 EVs. For odd IVs you want 4 + 8K EVs, where K is an integer.
Mm, I did slip up - did the rounding wrong -_-

[REVISION] If you figure your IVs are odd, then floor(EV/4) matters. Otherwise, it's floor(EV/8).

Code:
IV   | (EV/4)
Odd  | Odd
Even | Even

Holmes

Shit, I forgot that Leech Seed was an egg move for Ferroseed. Luckily I'm hardly halfway done. This one's giving me trouble.

Finally, after pretty much the whole day, I got my 31/xx/31/31/31/31 female Togepi! I never want to go through that insanity again.

Onto Riolu. I think I'll actually try for a 6 this time.

Top Bottom