• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tiamant

I'm so bad at this- NO I'M NOT GONNA BE EMO. I FULLY BLAME MAROWAK FOR THIS.

It's cool, those thunder waves tickled Marowak's soft spot and made him go beast mode against Salamence.

No, seriously, I was hoping for a Foul Play against Salamence, I didn't believe for a second that an iron head would be enough to take him down.

Holmes

Are Timburrs with Iron First from the Dream World (in BW) only male or are there also females released as well? Thinking of getting one from gen 5 and having it learn Ice Punch and Fire or Thunder Punch but I want a female for breeding.

Wichu

Are Timburrs with Iron First from the Dream World (in BW) only male or are there also females released as well? Thinking of getting one from gen 5 and having it learn Ice Punch and Fire or Thunder Punch but I want a female for breeding.

There's females as well. Any non-event Dream World Pokémon is available as both genders.

Also Gen 5 DW closes today.

Holmes

There's females as well. Any non-event Dream World Pokémon is available as both genders.

Thank you. :) I'll definitely try and see if anyone has a female Iron Fist Timburr in gen 5. I literally have nothing of value in my gen 5 games though so this may be a challenge.

backlot

I want a female Iron Fist Timburr just so I can breed one in any ball other than a normal Pokeball. I don't think it's worth trying to play in the Dream World to get one though.

DaBoss

I probably can in a few minutes. Just need to hatch this batch I'm working on.

Edit: you still want to? I'm online
Thanks for the offer and sorry for the late reply. Was playing Project M a lot today.

Still need someone to double battle, but not right now.

NEO0MJ

EDIT: damn it, just attacking stats are 31 :(

What? That's worse than a Safari Ditto.

Oh, bump!

So I just finished breeding Growlithe and now have a good number to give away. All of them have an adamant nature with the egg moves Morning Sun and Close Combat. Almost all of them have the ability Intimidate while a couple have the ability Flash Fire. Also have a few with 5 imperfect IVs which are:

Intimidate with X/31/31/31/31/31
Flash Fire with 31/31/x/31/31/31

The rest have 4 perfect IVs and all but one of them have the ability Flash Fire.

NEO0MJ

So growlithe only gets close combat from breeding? Hmmmm could I possibly get one? Preferably male?

My growlithe only has morning sun bred into it xD

Sure. In fact all of them were males for some reason o_O
When can you trade?

On the bright side it fills in the IV's my other dittos are missing, so I can go for 6. It'll just take longer.

Personally I think having a group of male pokemon from a variety of egg groups to be a much better way of breeding. Makes it easier to get the pokemon in whatever pokeball you want, too.
Though I guess you still need good Dittos for the genderless pokemon.

I'm amazed by the lack of variety in the teams I'm facing online. And since when did Azumaril become such a colossal pain in the ass??

It was already considered really good last gen, but now thanks to its new fairy typing it has a lot more use than before.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Personally I think having a group of male pokemon from a variety of egg groups to be a much better way of breeding. Makes it easier to get the pokemon in whatever pokeball you want, too.

That's sort of what I'm trying to do now. I haven't had anything with a 31 in attack or SPattack yet so doing it would be annoying. I still need to go off and grab the thing that passes off 5IVs (I forgot what its called and where to find it XD)

Usobuko

Banned
@NEO0MJ

Do you have any at 31/31/31/x/31/31 with Intimidate? I don't exactly one but if I sure don't mind trading my other 5IV for them. Let me know if you need careful Lavitar and adamant scyther.

NEO0MJ

That's sort of what I'm trying to do now. I haven't had anything with a 31 in attack or SPattack yet so doing it would be annoying. I still need to go off and grab the thing that passes off 5IVs (I forgot what its called and where to find it XD)

The Destiny Knot. You just need to defeat one of the Beauties in an in ally near one of the plazas in Lumiose City. I forgot which one, though. One gives a Destiny Knot for defeating her the other a nugget.

@NEO0MJ

Do you have any at 31/31/31/x/31/31 with Intimidate? I don't exactly one but if I sure don't mind trading my other 5IV for them. Let me know if you need careful Lavitar and adamant scyther.

Unfortunately I only have 4 IV Intimidate Growlithes. I can lend you my single 4 IV female and my 5 IV Flash Fire Growlithe if you're willing to hatch them yourself, though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Destiny Knot. You just need to defeat one of the Beauties in an in ally near one of the plazas in Lumiose City. I forgot which one, though. One gives a Destiny Knot for defeating her the other a nugget.

Ahh, thanks. It would have taken me forever to remember the name.

Is the following known about breeding for hidden abilities:
Different region (or trianer?) parents make HA passing down more likely than same trainer ones do.

Before I got a 5IV foreign Blaze Charmander I was getting ~60% of offsrping with Solar Power. Afterwards it was a lot more than 60% (around 80%).

I can't conclude if it is OT difference or foreign that made the difference though.

Question: If they were only released as Male couldn't you breed with Ditto in Gen 6 to get Female? Also this makes me realise that some HA Pokemon I can't obtain due to never using Gen 5 DW...

harshairmail

Neo Member
So I've found my first shiny for Gen 6 - unfortunately it's a Barbaracle.
Found it in the friend safari, it's female with IVs in Atk and Sp. Def, and Timid nature.

Does anyone want to trade for it? I'm not really after anything in particular.

Fury Sense

I got the Miiverse app. Surprised to learn that you guys were right, it is actually pretty cool.

Wq4Gz6j.png

Y79cnMM.png

TqH0XAv.png

UM6UOWn.png

Q9W0fzd.png

KEIKuuV.png

4QztaOa.png

u0LbHs6.png

G4yDHuB.png

N5KLQ6q.png

4xveBNd.png

onslack

after a little advice guys, i'm trying to breed a swinub with ancient power!

I've never really bred anything before, could someone point me in the right direction?

also is someone able to help me get Articuno and Zapdos and Xerneas on my pokedex? I only need them to be registered

spiritfox

after a little advice guys, i'm trying to breed a swinub with ancient power!

I've never really bred anything before, could someone point me in the right direction?

also is someone able to help me get Articuno and Zapdos and Xerneas on my pokedex? I only need them to be registered

Piloswine gets Ancient Power through the Relearner. In fact, it is needed for it to evolve to Mamoswine. If you really need it on Swinub, get a Piloswine with it and breed it normally.

spiritfox

I just Wonder Traded an Eevee for an Eevee.

Thought that was interesting.
It's not.

edit: let's make this useless post less useless. Here's a Miiverse drawing I did.

cFkmoY9.png

Because it's true.

Wichu

Question: If they were only released as Male couldn't you breed with Ditto in Gen 6 to get Female? Also this makes me realise that some HA Pokemon I can't obtain due to never using Gen 5 DW...

Yes (but you won't get a cool ball since females pass Poké Balls). You could always trade for the ones you're missing.

Top Bottom