• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's sorta valid, but weavile isn't going to survive much even with it on and the best thing he can do really is to get in and pursuit trap/revenge kill everyone it sees, so I always prefer it to do more damage either with life orb or choice band. Plus without those and without sword dance it really can't do enough damage to survive in the long run.

Growlie19

Am I crazy for trying to run an Assault Vest Weavile?

I'd say so. Weavile barely survive neutral hits as is. The shiny one I have waiting to be transferred from Black 2 holds a Focus Sash instead. Choice Band and Life Orb also work well, since Weavile are all about hitting things fast and hard. Assault Vests are really meant for bulky attackers like Tangrowth and Goodra.

Just hatched a Mienfoo with perfect IVs, nature and ability on my first egg.

...I really should be happy, but I feel like all the fun was taken out of it for some reason :/

PK Gaming

BbDKhxmCAAAmtMl.jpg:large

Just hatched a Mienfoo with perfect IVs, nature and ability on my first egg.

...I really should be happy, but I feel like all the fun was taken out of it for some reason :/

If it makes you feel better, you can wonder trade it away and use the next one that hatches with perfect IV's, nature and ability.
I'll gladly take it, too! >_>

If the second egg you hatch is the same level of perfection... I highly suggest you buy a lotto ticket or something, cause you're hella lucky! o_O

Tiamant

I'd say so. Weavile barely survive neutral hits as is. The shiny one I have waiting to be transferred from Black 2 holds a Focus Sash instead. Choice Band and Life Orb also work well, since Weavile are all about hitting things fast and hard. Assault Vests are really meant for bulky attackers like Tangrowth and Goodra.

I thought 85 base sp.def wasn't that bad to run it but yeah, life orb seems like the obvious choice.

Can someone explain natures to me? I don't understand why Smogon suggests a Garchimp with a Naive nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)... considering you would never use a Special Attack on a Garchomp, why wouldn't you always choose a Nature that had the negative aspect on Special Attack? Why would you ever choose to lower any kind of defense?

I guess in a general sense why wouldn't the only natures you want are the ones that negatively impact Attack or Special Attack? Why would you ever intentionally lower Defense, Sp Defense, or Speed?

Can someone explain natures to me? I don't understand why Smogon suggests a Garchimp with a Naive nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)... considering you would never use a Special Attack on a Garchomp, why wouldn't you always choose a Nature that had the negative aspect on Special Attack? Why would you ever choose to lower any kind of defense?

I guess in a general sense why wouldn't the only natures you want are the ones that negatively impact Attack or Special Attack? Why would you ever intentionally lower Defense, Sp Defense, or Speed?
That set you're looking at uses Fire Blast, a special move, for coverage. Mixed Sweepers like that are forced to take a really crappy nature since mixed sweepers use every stat as opposed to most Pokemon that can just minmax and dump the attacking stat they're not using.

Holmes

Pokemon using both physical attacks and special attacks (mixed attackers) generally don't want hindering natures for either offensive stats. And you never really want a hindering stat for speed unless you want to move last (Aegislash for example) or you're running that Pokemon in a Trick Room. So a defensive stat is usually sacrificed. You just have to be more careful is all.

Growlie19

Shiny Lillipup! I was searching for an Eevee when this little fellow showed up! I named her Stachelle, you know, because of Stoutland's mustache. I caught her in a Nest Ball. She has outstanding potential with perfect HP and Attack with an Impish nature. She also has the Pickup ability. Hoping that becomes Intimidate upon evolving.

Ugh, I just realized that Ice Punch can't be bred onto Scrafty without Buneary, which isn't available until Bank drops on the 27th. Should I stick with HJK/Dragon Dance/Crunch/Poison Jab or rough it out and wait for access to Ice Punch?

Ugh, I just realized that Ice Punch can't be bred onto Scrafty without Buneary, which isn't available until Bank drops on the 27th. Should I stick with HJK/Dragon Dance/Crunch/Poison Jab or rough it out and wait for access to Ice Punch?

Luckily for you, Scrafty is in the Field Egg Group. That means you can use a Smeargle.

Sigmaah

I need 1 more pokemon to complete my 1 box full of 5v pokemon! I'm almost there! I dunno who to breed last!

FUCK.

Also, which to get, Black 2 or White 2? I like Zekrom a lot sooooo black 2?

NEO0MJ

So now I've built a team what do I do besides battle?

And how do I get into Sushi Highroller?

You can breed :D
And to get into Sushi Highroller, you need max style and must have beaten Restaurant Le Wow once. But people seem to consider Le Wow the superior place to train and earn money.

upandaway

I need 1 more pokemon to complete my 1 box full of 5v pokemon! I'm almost there! I dunno who to breed last!

FUCK.

Also, which to get, Black 2 or White 2? I like Zekrom a lot sooooo black 2?
If I may suggest a Pokemon, try Jumpluff. It can really get under some people's skin, haha.

Firestorm

Naive sounds really weird considering the -SpDef would take you in range of getting knocked out by HP Ice instead of surviving it. I think I'd go for +Speed, -Def on a Mixed set. Garchomp can use Draco Meteor fairly effectively.

You'd go minus speed on Pokemon for Trick Room to underspeed other Pokemon.

NEO0MJ

Naive sounds really weird considering the -SpDef would take you in range of getting knocked out by HP Ice instead of surviving it. I think I'd go for +Speed, -Def on a Mixed set. Garchomp can use Draco Meteor fairly effectively.

Plus Fire Blast to take care of pokemon with high defense. It's funny how all the main physical walls have a weakness to fire.

Tiamant

My Ninja Team is shaping up nicely, so far I've got Accelgor, Weavile and Crobat. I don't want to use a Greninja because everyone and his mother uses it but he really is the one that screams ninja the most. Shedinja and Ninjask will be fast considering I already have a perfect Shelmet and that 1 perfect breed will give me both of them.

I'll see you in the shadows, mwahaha!

S1e11_SMOKEBOMB.gif

Top Bottom