• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Not trying to make the thread about leaks but Pokebeach posted some new info yesterday. We obviously don't know if it's true or not but last time some things were real and others were fake or mixed up so I don't think we need can discredit it completely. I won't post it here because I know some people don't like to be spoiled but I;ve posted it in the Spoiler Discussion Thread if anyone is interested.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695623&highlight=

Not trying to make the thread about leaks but Pokebeach posted some new info yesterday. We obviously don't know if it's true or not but last time some things were real and others were fake or mixed up so I don't think we need can discredit it completely. I won't post it here because I know some people don't like to be spoiled but I;ve posted it in the Spoiler Discussion Thread if anyone is interested.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695623&highlight=

If true I hope they add more megas with Z or R/S remakes/sequels.

Holmes

I have a Hidden Power Ice Petilil and a Fire Petilil. I'm gonna keep trying for Rock, too. Which do you guys think is the better choice? I think I'm gonna skip on Ice. Fire and Rock both take care of Bug and Ice, which is good. But Fire covers Steel threats, and I know Scizor and Aegislash (and even Forretress and Mega Aggron) are common threats and prevents me from being walled by other Grass types. Rock hits Charizard and Volcarona 4x though, and Mega Charizard Y doubles my speed too with Drought. I'm conflicted here.

Fury Sense

ve1SNpg.gif

dat patch

The Adder

Banned
It doesn't help that your opponent was using such a generic team as well. Haha

Nearly swept another team last night with it and got stopped cold by something I never expected to see.

A Greninja without Protean. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it with that Sigilyph (it has substitute I was running one with Air Slash in the past and may do either that again or acrobatics).

Fury Sense

Just remembered to talk to that lady in Laverre City now that I have all the badges. She's in the house closest to the Poké Ball Factory

Bug: Chespin, Zigzagoon, Spewpa, Pidgey
Cliff: Kirlia, Swalot, Shedinja, Quilladin, Pidgey, Azurill
Rumble: Hawlucha, Burmy, Burmy, Bunnelby, Machoke, Quilladin
Plant: Vivillon, Taillow, Skiddo, Pelipper, Hawlucha, Fletchinder
Voltage: Gabite, Skiddo, Shedinja, Delphox, Whirlipede, Solosis
Fairy: Skrelp, Skorupi, Pancham, Psyduck, Slugma, Duosion
Psychic: Pawniard, Vibrava, Yanma, Meditite, Spoink, Wailmer
Iceberg: Bisharp, Slowpoke, Noibat, Gabite, Vanillite, Mienfoo

Looks like none of my pokemon saw more than three gym battles :D Thanks for the diversity, EXP Share

NEO0MJ

Having a lot of trouble getting a 5IV rattled Magikarp. Good thing they're so easy to hatch.

Right now I have Hex on my Gengar. Should I replace it with Shadow Ball?

Pretty sure that's considered one of its essential moves, as it's Gengar's strongest attack.

A Greninja without Protean. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it with that Sigilyph (it has substitute I was running one with Air Slash in the past and may do either that again or acrobatics).

Ha, I was just considering today how interesting it would be to fool someone by using a torrent Greninja.

Bleeether

Hey everybody, this is my first Pokemon game since red version years back. I'm totally hooked on this game and I've only had it for a week. My accomplishments so far are beating the story mode and breeding my first perfect Pokemon which is aJolly Tyranitar with max atk hp def sp.def and speed. I named him Darude because of his sandstorm ability haha.

Anyways, I'm glad to be apart of the pokemon community now and hope to interact with all you.

Man. I never usually have issues breeding but yesterday I had the shittiest luck. The RNG gods hated me.

I had a Male Drilbur with 5 IVs and a Female with 4. I was aiming for 31/31/31/×/31/31 but kept getting 31/×/31/31/31/31. After an hour of this, I finally got what I wanted but the Drilbur was not Mold Breaker...

This went on for another hour until I got what I wanted. u_u

SeZMehK

Man. I never usually have issues breeding but yesterday I had the shittiest luck. The RNG gods hated me.

I had a Male Drilbur with 5 IVs and a Female with 4. I was aiming for 31/31/31/×/31/31 but kept getting 31/×/31/31/31/31. After an hour of this, I finally got what I wanted but the Drilbur was not Mold Breaker...

This went on for another hour until I got what I wanted. u_u
Man recently the rng gods hate me... What Pokemon should I sacrifice to make them happy lol.

PK Gaming

Question:

How would one go about breeding Hidden Power Ice on their Pokemon? I want to raise a Raichu, Jolteon, Manectric and Galvantula, and give them all HP Ice (I refuse to use them w/o it).

I've got copies of said Pokemon w/ HP Ice on my White 2 cartridge. Is there a way of breeding them with another Pokemon to ensure Hidden Power Ice?

Btw I don't see you on. Did you remove me? Lol

No right now I'm not lol. I have been deleting a few people that removed me/inactive as fuck but I swear I kept you on. :lol

If I did, I'll add you back once I get home.

Question:

How would one go about breeding Hidden Power Ice on their Pokemon? I want to raise a Raichu, Jolteon, Manectric and Galvantula, and give them all HP Ice (I refuse to use them w/o it).

I've got copies of said Pokemon w/ HP Ice on my White 2 cartridge. Is there a way of breeding them with another Pokemon to ensure Hidden Power Ice?
If I remember correctly, the IV spread for HP Ice should be 31/X/X/31/31/31. The X's should be even numbers so the most you'll be able to do is a spread of 31/30/30/31/31/31.

There is no 100% sure way of a child inheriting HP Ice, but parents with similar IV spreads should yield desirable results.

SeZMehK

No right now I'm not lol. I have been deleting a few people that removed me/inactive as fuck but I swear I kept you on. :lol

If I did, I'll add you back once I get home.

If I remember correctly, the IV spread for HP Ice should be 31/X/X/31/31/31. The X's should be even numbers so the most you'll be able to do is a spread of 31/30/30/31/31/31.

There is no 100% sure way of a child inheriting HP Ice, but parents with similar IV spreads should yield desirable results.

Haha, alright. I gotta go through my list to see who removed me or are inactive. Stupid swapnote being disabled... >.>

PK Gaming

That sounds like a serious pain.

We probably won't be able to use PokeBank Pokemon in rated battles either... sigh. Guess i'm not using Electric types...

backlot

That sounds like a serious pain.

We probably won't be able to use PokeBank Pokemon in rated battles either... sigh. Guess i'm not using Electric types...

It's really not that bad. Just get a parent with a 30 in defense and breed for 31/x/30/31/31/31. If you hit that its a 50% chance of being HP Ice. A little harder than breeding a 5 IV Pokemon but not too bad.

Is there any pattern AT ALL to when it rains? I've been going to all the areas for ages now and still nothing. Of course Routes 14 and 19 where it always likes to rain when I'm trying to EV train in Attack don't have rain now.

onslack

Evening guys and girls!

Quick question with regards to breeding!

How do I go about breesingna hidden ability onto a pokemon? At the moment I'm trying with charmander but not having any luck!

Is there something specific I need to do or is it a case of keep breeding and hope for the best ?

Both parents have the destiny knot/everstone equipped as well!

Evening guys and girls!

Quick question with regards to breeding!

How do I go about breesingna hidden ability onto a pokemon? At the moment I'm trying with charmander but not having any luck!

Is there something specific I need to do or is it a case of keep breeding and hope for the best ?

Both parents have the destiny knot/everstone equipped as well!

It needs to be Female or breeding with a Ditto to pass it down.

Holmes

Jesus. I just need a female Synchronize Abra so I can breed it with a Jolly Meinfoo to get a Jolly Synchronizer. Two batches later, all male.

DaBoss

So it's been on my mind what changes they will bring to breeding in the next gen (I know this is early).

- Genderless will pass down PokeBalls.
- They will introduce an item that influences gender.
- They will increase the chances to the MM.
- Use the PC interface for withdrawing/depositing

So it's been on my mind what changes they will bring to breeding in the next gen (I know this is early).

I think an ability (Cute Charm?) can at least influence gender in wild encounters. I have a feeling it'll probably just get extended to breeding.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone has a bold nature female Prankster Sableye or Bulbasaur with Giga Drain that they can spare? The IVs don't need to be ideal.

Holmes

This would all be good except influencing gender while breeding. That would be a bit strange. Even better than your PC suggestion, a portable PC/tablet. Come on!

I'm hunting Zapdos now. The little bastard loves to switch routes when I make it to the one he was in. I will get my HP Ice 'Dos, though!

I'd like to see a way of forcing 0 IVs for certain wild encounters, the ability to release wild Pokemon from your party, and the ability to breed multiple pairs of Pokemon (since sometimes I need to breed something quickly and can't do it because I'm already working on something else).

DaBoss

Yea, Cute Charm can work, but only a limited amount of Pokemon would be able to breed with Pokemon with Cute Charm, so an item would work better.

I think it should have the same effect as Cute Charm (increases the chance to 66% to get a Pokemon of the opposite gender).
Or the same gender so I don't get confused lol.
This would all be good except influencing gender while breeding. That would be a bit strange. Even better than your PC suggestion, a portable PC/tablet. Come on!

I'm hunting Zapdos now. The little bastard loves to switch routes when I make it to the one he was in. I will get my HP Ice 'Dos, though!
Influencing gender means a higher chance of getting a specific gender. Not a guarantee.

A portable PC/tablet would kinda ruin Pokemon's sense of urgency (though i havent had any urgency since Gen 3), but I do think they should give the option to let you make room in your party to put a Pokemon you just caught in your party. They do that with the box legendaries at the moment.

Holmes

Ok. Got my Zapdos in a Luxury Ball. Not Timid unfortunately, but I'm not going through that hell again. It's Rash (+SpA, -SpD) which isn't bad but not great. HP Ice and 24/31/24/31/31/31.

Maybe with this nature and IV spread, I can run U-Turn. Hopefully there are move tutors in Z that can teach Heat Wave.

Okay, this upcoming week I'm going to begin my EV training. I've heard EV training can be done in 10 minutes thanks to power items and hordes. How difficult is it to earn enough points in the Maison to get these items? I only have my in game team to use, really.

Same question for the ability change item. I want to change my Togepi's ability. :/

Usobuko

Banned
Okay, this upcoming week I'm going to begin my EV training. I've heard EV training can be done in 10 minutes thanks to power items and hordes. How difficult is it to earn enough points in the Maison to get these items? I only have my in game team to use, really.

Same question for the ability change item. I want to change my Togepi's ability. :/

It's easier to breed a Togepi that has ability of your choice and level it up then grinding 200 BP for the item. You could just ask around for it in Pokemon Trading OT or here.

As for EV training, it's very easy if you have power items. One wave of horde ( with the aid of Pokerus and Power items and Exp share: ON ) give you 50 EVs. Your in-game team should be able to handle Single Battle in Battle Masion. Most people grind BP on Super Single Battle. After 50 consecutive wins or so, it pretty easy to get them.

SeZMehK

I was bored so I took a look at the trading board at gamef*qs. It is pathetic that everyone is asking for 5 IV shinys... I really hate the fact that instacheck made shinys so damn common... >.>

Holmes

It's easier to breed a Togepi that has ability of your choice and level it up then grinding 200 BP for the item. You could just ask around for it in Pokemon Trading OT or here.

As for EV training, it's very easy if you have power items. One wave of horde ( with the aid of Pokerus and Power items and Exp share: ON ) give you 50 EVs. Your in-game team should be able to handle Single Battle in Battle Masion. Most people grind BP on Super Single Battle. After 50 consecutive wins or so, it pretty easy to get them.
Does equipping the Macho Brace also give 50 EVs to that Pokemon? And with Exp Share on, for the Pokemon without any Power item (or Macho Brace), do they get 25 EVs instead?

spiritfox

Hah my breeding Eevee grew 42 lvls.

edit: Also got another 5IV in my last batch of eggs. It doesn't have a HA, but at least he's male so I can use him to breed.

Firestorm

I think my favourite thing about cloning in X & Y is whenever it's discussed someone who didn't realize you can clone initiates this conversation:

"There's cloning?"
"Yeah."
"How?"
"Do you remember how we cloned in Red/Blue/Yellow?"
"You mean turning off the game at the right time when you're trading?"
"Yeah. Exactly that."

Pokemon with its traditions!

I think my favourite thing about cloning in X & Y is whenever it's discussed someone who didn't realize you can clone initiates this conversation:

"There's cloning?"
"Yeah."
"How?"
"Do you remember how we cloned in Red/Blue/Yellow?"
"You mean turning off the game at the right time when you're trading?"
"Yeah. Exactly that."

Pokemon with its traditions!
I heard it was a 1 frame execution in Gen 1. They should bring back the Street Fighter 4 1 frame links.

Top Bottom