• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

The Adder

Banned
Can anyone recommend me a physical sweeper with a priority move and decent coverage? My team is currently entirely special attackers or support except for Sigylph who only has the physical move for the sake of stopping dark types.

Also, which should I replace with it:

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Or

Gengar @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Leaning towards dumping Alakazam.

Crawdaunt, Scrafty and Scizor are probably my favourite physical sweepers. I have good IV, nature and ability spares of all three if you want to have one!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lucario has a varied move pool and tons of priority moves, plus a mega form

On a side note, I'm thinking of trying an Assault Vest Poliwrath. EV split between HP/MaxAttack/Speed with Bulk Up/Waterfall/(fighting move tbd)/EQ

SeZMehK

Lucario has a varied move pool and tons of priority moves, plus a mega form

On a side note, I'm thinking of trying an Assault Vest Poliwrath. EV split between HP/MaxAttack/Speed with Bulk Up/Waterfall/(fighting move tbd)/EQ
Bulk up will not work with the assault Vest.

It's easier to breed a Togepi that has ability of your choice and level it up then grinding 200 BP for the item. You could just ask around for it in Pokemon Trading OT or here.

As for EV training, it's very easy if you have power items. One wave of horde ( with the aid of Pokerus and Power items and Exp share: ON ) give you 50 EVs. Your in-game team should be able to handle Single Battle in Battle Masion. Most people grind BP on Super Single Battle. After 50 consecutive wins or so, it pretty easy to get them.

Aww man. Well you see, I did breed a Togepi of my own. I bred a female with 31/xx/31/31/31/31. It took me a hell of a long time to get it (and I really don't want to go through that again) The only thing that's bad is that it got Hustle instead of Serene Grace. That's why I'd rather just use the Ability Capsule.

Good to hear those items are worth it! I'll grind for them! Thanks!

Usobuko

Banned
Does equipping the Macho Brace also give 50 EVs to that Pokemon? And with Exp Share on, for the Pokemon without any Power item (or Macho Brace), do they get 25 EVs instead?

Sorry, I have no idea. As for your 2nd question, without Power items, I think you get 10 EXP if you have Pokerus + EXP: On. That's assuming it's 1 EV per pokemon.

Aww man. Well you see, I did breed a Togepi of my own. I bred a female with 31/xx/31/31/31/31. It took me a hell of a long time to get it (and I really don't want to go through that again) The only thing that's bad is that it got Hustle instead of Serene Grace. That's why I'd rather just use the Ability Capsule.

Good to hear those items are worth it! I'll grind for them! Thanks!

Heh, you're not alone. I just realize my Lv.60 Galvantula has unnerve instead of compound eyes. How did I miss such crucial detail when I'm EV training, I have no idea. I might as well embark on similar route.

Panzon

A really bad one, probably one of the worst combinations period.

Ground:
Nincada, Quagsire, Gastrodon
You know what I'll hook you up man just because Im in the holiday spirits this year.

FC: 1907-9228-9203

Also have a few adament dratinis lying around (4-5 perfect IVs) if anyone is interested. If i can get a goomy with at least perfect Sp. Att IV that would be swell. If not fuck it I'll take whatever

TWILT

Banned
I actually need a pancham if you're interested in a dratini.

My FS is tangela, Ivysaur and quilladin btw
Oh if you want to add me, my FC's 5284-2206-1177 and my ingame name is Serena.

I don't need anything at the moment, so don't worry about it. :)

PK Gaming

You know what I'll hook you up man just because Im in the holiday spirits this year.

FC: 1907-9228-9203

Also have a few adament dratinis lying around (4-5 perfect IVs) if anyone is interested. If i can get a goomy with at least perfect Sp. Att IV that would be swell. If not fuck it I'll take whatever

Haha I just got one from a friend. Thanks for the offer though.

TWILT

Banned
Anyone here have a female Pikachu with Lightning Rod (or a friend safari with one)?

Breeding perfect baby Pichus is such a pain in the ass.

NEO0MJ

Yooooo caught a X/X/31/31/31/31 Ditto at the safari just now.

RNG gods are good to me now.

Lucky bastard. I gave up on capturing a 4IV Ditto after capturing ove two boxes of ditto and only getting three 3IV Dittos, and one of them had 31/31/x/31/xx, which was pretty pointless.

GamerSoul

Quick Question: if I have a ditto with some perfect IVs and he's holding an Everstone, can I breed it with say Gourgiest and get a Pumpkaboo having those perfect IVs automatically? Or is it by chance to get those IVs?

Quick Question: if I have a ditto with some perfect IVs and he's holding an Everstone, can I breed it with say Gourgiest and get a Pumpkaboo having those perfect IVs automatically? Or is it by chance to get those IVs?

the item destiny knot passes IVs

i think a few are passed by chance anyway but destiny knot ups the number of IVs passed. whether the right ones are passed or not is random.

There's still a random element to it. it's just not virtually impossible like pre-gen 6

Give your Ditto an Everstone and your Gourgeist a Destiny Knot to increase your chances.
Power Items can be used to ensure 1 IV is passed down.

GamerSoul

the item destiny knot passes IVs

i think a few are passed by chance anyway but destiny knot ups the number of IVs passed. whether the right ones are passed or not is random.

There's still a random element to it. it's just not virtually impossible like pre-gen 6

Give your Ditto an Everstone and your Gourgeist a Destiny Knot to increase your chances.
Power Items can be used to ensure 1 IV is passed down.

alright thanks for the feedback. I think my Gourgeist has good IVs also (the guys said superior iirc), nothing maxed though, so I'll try it and see what happens. Gourgeist is one of my favorite new mons so I got to try this at least once.

Finally picked up X and I'm loving it. I love the player customization stuff and being able to connect with random people online with the PSS (tho I haven't used that feature myself yet, but I do like that there's an option!). Also, the fact that our main Pokémon RPGs have gone 3D is simply amazing.

Started off with a female Fennekin, nicknamed Astria, and it's been a blast. Caught myself some of the new Pokemon but none really clicked for me yet. Just went back to Gen 1 with a Squirtle and Pikachu. They're just placeholders until I get some of the Gen 6 Pokémon that I want.

Usobuko

Banned
I dislike crits. There are games when it's down the wire and I would have won either way but I feel that people quit because of crits. It's not like he can ohko me back according to Pokemon calculator :(

Does equipping the Macho Brace also give 50 EVs to that Pokemon? And with Exp Share on, for the Pokemon without any Power item (or Macho Brace), do they get 25 EVs instead?
Macho brace doubles EVs gained (power items add 4 EVs of that stat to whatever the outcome was) so in the case of a horde of [ 1 EV * 2 (brace) ]* 5 * 2 (pokerus) = 20.

How does Mawile learn Focus Punch? Pokebank? If so, anyone has a Mawile with Fire Fang egg move?
Gen III+IV for Focus Punch (I take the VGC view of anything you can not breed for in Gen VI is not legal)
Quickest way for Ice/Fire/Thunder fang is using Arbok (move reminder).

Holmes

Macho brace doubles EVs gained (power items add 4 EVs of that stat to whatever the outcome was) so in the case of a horde of [ 1 EV * 2 (brace) ]* 5 * 2 (pokerus) = 20.
So, assuming the Pokemon gives 1 EV, Power item is 50 EVs, Macho Brace is 20 EVs, and no item is 10 EVs. Good to know, I'm gonna be doing a lot of EV training soon.

Top Bottom