• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

PK Gaming

Hidden Power Ice Manectric has been bred

I just need to breed HP Ice Raichu, Galvantula and Jolteon, and my Electric quota will be reached.

BTW, if anyone has an HP Ice Timid Eevee, I will pay a king's ransom for it.

NEO0MJ

Finally I got a 5 IV rattled Magikarp! Took longer than I expected, but I guess that's because I was gunning for the hidden ability.
Does anyone want any of the leftover 4IV Jolly Magikarps? They're all in luxury balls and split 50/50 between Rattled and Swift Swim.

Finally I got a 5 IV rattled Magikarp! Took longer than I expected, but I guess that's because I was gunning for the hidden ability.
Does anyone want any of the leftover 4IV Jolly Magikarps? They're all in luxury balls and split 50/50 between Rattled and Swift Swim.

Sure. Could I get a Rattled female? I have Trapinch, Corphish with Aqua Jet and Superpower, and a whole bunch of 4 IV Beldums.

NEO0MJ

Sure. Could I get a Rattled female? I have Trapinch, Corphish with Aqua Jet and Superpower, and a whole bunch of 4 IV Beldums.

Are your Trapinch in Luxury Balls? If not then I'll take a Beldum. FC is in my profile. What's your trainer name?

Speaking of how do people feel about Metagross this gen? Steel losing Immunities to ghost and dark must have hit it hard but it did gain a resistance to fairy.

Are there any plans for a for fun GAF tourney?

We really should do one, I think we only ever had a doubles tourney, which was held too early IMO.

I really hope they change the breeding mechanics in the next game so that the Ability gets passed down with the Everstone as well. At least for normal abilities anyway. It happens way too often when I get good IVs and the Ability Capsule isn't worth it.

Are your Trapinch in Luxury Balls? If not then I'll take a Beldum. FC is in my profile. What's your trainer name?

Speaking of how do people feel about Metagross this gen? Steel losing Immunities to ghost and dark must have hit it hard but it did gain a resistance to fairy.

We really should do one, I think we only ever had a doubles tourney, which was held too early IMO.

My Trapinch are all in Luxury Balls. No egg moves though.

FC: 3866-8751-4302
IGN: Calem

Firestorm

I was going to do a tournament but people were awful about completing matches in the multibattle one :/ Do you guys think it would be better with one person per side?

NEO0MJ

I was going to do a tournament but people were awful about completing matches in the multibattle one :/ Do you guys think it would be better with one person per side?

It will be much easier organizing a tournament when there's only two people per match, instead of four. Plus Holidays should be coming soon so if we act fast it should be manageable.

Holmes

0IVMePDh.jpg

XDgwVEKh.jpg

Soon. <3

Holmes

Could anyone lend me a Forretress? None of my Friend Safaris have it and the GTS is absolute pigslop as usual.
I have some Pineco's with Stealth Rock and 0 Speed IV's in Luxury or Premier Balls. I'll add you in a sec.

edit: Wait, they're in Timer Balls. I thought they looked cool and fit Forretress' look. I'll give you a male if you don't want that.

Yes. There were two major issues there:

1) Peeps weren't aware a Losers Bracket existed.
2) Flaking partners.

#2 wouldn't be an issue by default. To solve #1 you'll want to do a format that doesn't do double elim right off the bat.

That leaves... Single Elim -> Double Elim, Swiss, and Scramble I think?

Just a thought: if Ice ever became a defensively viable type, boy would Hail be broken. They should go all out and make Hail provide a 1.5x defense buff to mirror Sandstorm's 1.5 special defense buff, too.

Also, just an idea, but it'd be interesting to see a metagame where the weather rocks (Damp Rock for Rain, etc.) caused ability-based weather activation to be permanent as was the case with Gen V and prior, in addition to having the weather last longer when activated via a move.

This is one of the reasons I want to see that reverse weakness battle type as a real metagame.

From what I've heard, it sounds a lot like BW's extremely fast, offensively-oriented metagame combined with RBY's lack of "preparation," for lack of a better word. Normal is basically Gen I Psychic having perfect coverage, Psychic is basically the new Dragon-type (its only weaknesses are itself and Fighting, a type which has poor defensive coverage in the inverse-metagame much like the Dragon / Ice relationship), and so on and so forth.

I think Ice is closer to becoming defensively viable then you'd think, though - all it takes is flipping a few switches and adding in some Ice-types that are actually effective beyond your traditional Mamoswine and Ice could be in business. Hell, even Avalugg takes the weaknesses of Ice and runs with them (Sturdy to counter physical powerhouses and Mirror Coat to counter special ones, where higher special damage is actually a bonus).

Here's a shameless pimping of my original hotfix.

k9GF1ID.png

Hate to ask again but still struggling on Friend Safari... anyone able to help me out/

Looking for:
Dark: Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Cacturne
Fairy: Togepi
Electric: Luxio
Fighting: Mankey, Breloom
Fire: Ponyta, Magmar, Larvesta, Ninetails
Flying: Tropius, Tranquill
Ghost: Spiritomb
Grass: Tangela, Swadloon, Maractus
Ground: Gastrodon
Psychic: Xatu
Ice: Spheal
Steel: Metang, Klang, Bronzong, Excadrill

Holmes

That's one pokemon I'm waiting on. Trying to build up some trade-worthy pokemon to get all those pokemon I cannot obtain because I haven't played any of the previous games.
The moment the bank opens, I'll be on the hunt for Iron Fist Chimchars. As soon as I get one, I'll be breeding it so if you don't have one by the time I'm done, you can have one.

Sigmaah

FUCK.

What Empoleon should I run? I wanna do something with defiant. If I were to use a move that lowered my own stats would defiant work? And are the mons who are coming soon gonna have new abilities maybe or they're set to what they already have?

FUCK.

What Empoleon should I run? I wanna do something with defiant. If I were to use a move that lowered my own stats would defiant work? And are the mons who are coming soon gonna have new abilities maybe or they're set to what they already have?

Defiant doesn't activate on self-induced stat drops.

FUCK.

Opponent uses Sticky Web, free +2 Aqua Jets. :)
Though didn't Japan only receive the HA starters?
Edit: Guess they didn't. Wonder if I have a code...

Ryne

The moment the bank opens, I'll be on the hunt for Iron Fist Chimchars. As soon as I get one, I'll be breeding it so if you don't have one by the time I'm done, you can have one.

That would be great, thanks. If I don't get one by then I'll probably have something worth trading for it, so I won't leave you empty handed :)

H2Yo

So having never played a Pokémon game since the first one on Gameboy, I wasn't sure what to expect but I think fans of the series are looking through rose coloured glasses a little if they are giving it 9's or 10s out of 10.

While I'm enjoying it, the fact there is no minimap is absurd. There is the map that your Mum gives you but all it is is a few dots to show you basically where you are in the world.

I made my way to the big city, maybe 2-2.5 hours in and got lost. I had no way of telling which shops I have been into, or where the next objective was. I had to wander around until the dancing kid hit me up with a holo-message.

Also the movement is a bit indirect. When trying to get into the narrow hedge maze I had to keep adjusting to try and fit in which sucked because i was standing in bushes which prompted about 3 fights before I got in.

So having never played a Pokémon game since the first one on Gameboy, I wasn't sure what to expect but I think fans of the series are looking through rose coloured glasses a little if they are giving it 9's or 10s out of 10.

While I'm enjoying it, the fact there is no minimap is absurd. There is the map that your Mum gives you but all it is is a few dots to show you basically where you are in the world.

I made my way to the big city, maybe 2-2.5 hours in and got lost. I had no way of telling which shops I have been into, or where the next objective was. I had to wander around until the dancing kid hit me up with a holo-message.

Also the movement is a bit indirect. When trying to get into the narrow hedge maze I had to keep adjusting to try and fit in which sucked because i was standing in bushes which prompted about 3 fights before I got in.

I don't think a lack of map system in Lumiose city warrants any kind of major point deduction. They have the cabs in the city as an instant place to get anywhere. It's pretty obvious the city was designed to confuse the player and have them get lost.

I've played every Pokemon generation, but after gen three the games never held me until the end, X and Y were finally able to do that. 175 hours and no end in sight for me. Love it.

I'm going with a similar strategy. The moment the 25th hits in Japan I'll be on a hunt for Oshawott.

backlot

I hate to disappoint you, but I don't think Iron Fist Chimchar has been released yet in any game.

Holmes

I hate to disappoint you, but I don't think Iron Fist Chimchar has been released yet in any game.
The Gen 4 starters with their hidden abilities were released in Japan and Korea. They might not be common for a while after the bank opens, but after some time they shouldn't be too hard to find. I have some 6 IV Pokemon and shinies I'd be willing to give for one, and once I've breed a lot, I'll spread the love here.

I believe the only starters whose hidden abilities haven't been released are Jothto's.
I checked and Wal Mart copies of Black 2 White 2 had a code for an HA Sinnoh starter of your choosing.
Really!? I wish I had known this.

The Gen 4 starters with their hidden abilities were released in Japan and Korea. They might not be common for a while after the bank opens, but after some time they shouldn't be too hard to find. I have some 6 IV Pokemon and shinies I'd be willing to give for one, and once I've breed a lot, I'll spread the love here.

I believe the only starters whose hidden abilities haven't been released are Jothto's.

Really!? I wish I had known this.
I didn't know either until today. Too bad I got the game before the promotion started and from Best Buy.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/globallinkpokemon.shtml

Usobuko

Banned

Any chances of them having Dragon Dance as egg move? If so, I would like to ask for a female with swift swim as well.

Top Bottom