• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll make a thread later this week but rules would be:

• All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Flat Battle
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    • Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    • Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    • Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item.
This way people can use the same team in local tournaments and during the Global Link tournaments.

Hmm, well looks like I'll have to rebreed my doubles team earlier than I thought.

Ooh, that's a good idea. Did he get any shiny new toys this generation?
Quick Guard, Power-Up Punch. That's about it I think.

Several good mons got Quick Guard this gen as egg moves including your one true love. I'm guessing that GF did that along with the Quick Guard buff to make Prankster slightly easier to deal with in Doubles and Triples.

Quick Guard, Power-Up Punch. That's about it I think.

Several good mons got Quick Guard this gen as egg moves including your one true love. I'm guessing that GF did that along with the Quick Guard buff to make Prankster slightly easier to deal with in Doubles and Triples.

So would you say that Sucker Punch/Iron Head/Psycho Cut/Rock Polish is a good moveset for Bish?

Holmes

Defiant gets more use with Sticky Webs now a thing. Knock Off got a big buff as you know, but it's only a tutor move in B2W2.

What is your Froslass' build, btw? I opted out of Spikes but I might rebreed them onto her.

Froslass
Nature: Timid
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

If I rebreed, I will probably put the Spikes on instead of Hail if Snow Cloak doesn't work tok well (and replace Blizzard with Ice Beam) and use her HA, or replace Destiny Bond.

PBalfredo

If I were to hunt down a copy of Black/White 2, would it be worth it to get the XY unobtainable pokemon for when the pokebank comes out? Anything worth getting other than the Unova starters? Or would most of the XY unobtainable pokemon be coming from previous generations that are going to be chain transfered over? Anything like in XY where you can get Kanto starters or Torchic?

Here's mine:

Froslass
Nature: Timid
Ability: Cursed Body (shuts down physical attackers like Scizor)
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
~Spikes
~Taunt
~Ice Beam
~Destiny Bond/Shadow Ball

I'm intending to use her as a suicide lead, but since she has such great synergy with Scrafty and counters most of the things he can't touch, I could also use her as a setup to ensure that he can sweep succesfully.

Holmes

My issue with Cursed Body is that she's so frail that I don't think it would get much use before she faints. :( I think my Snow Cloak Froslass would make a good Abomasnow partner, and that would allow me to replace Hail with Thunder Wave. Taunt is a good idea too.

PK Gaming

Knock Off

He's one of the best Knock Off users. It can either go with Substitute / Iron Head / Knock Off / Sucker Punch or eschew Substitute for Swords Dance for more power. You of all people should know how powerful Knock Off is in Gen VI, and Dark / Steel has nearly flawless coverage. Defiant makes it really effective against Landorus-T who is currently (or I should say, will be) the most prominent physical tank in the game, and Sticky Web teams.

Suffice it to say, Bisharp is really scary now.

Still looking for 4-5 IV Aerodactyl. I have Goomy, Aron, 3 IV Klefki, 3 IV Protean Froakie, Fennekin, Hydration Ducklet, Water Absorb Tympole, Drifblim, Rotom. 4 IV unless stated otherwise.

If I were to hunt down a copy of Black/White 2, would it be worth it to get the XY unobtainable pokemon for when the pokebank comes out? Anything worth getting other than the Unova starters? Or would most of the XY unobtainable pokemon be coming from previous generations that are going to be chain transfered over? Anything like in XY where you can get Kanto starters or Torchic?

Not sure what you're asking but yes, BW2 have Pokemon no other game in the series has.

For example, the Move Tut! Currently the only way to get Hyper Voice on Eevee and Gard is through the Move Tut in BW2 ... and this move + either Sylveon's HA or Gard's Mega Evol = the STRONGEST fairy type attack in the game with no draw-backs!!!

Really, people are pissed that there's not move tuts for the non-starter/ dragon mons in XY ...

Buuuuuuut I expect that the tut will come in XY2 or the remakes or which ever comes first. That's how it normally goes from what I understand ...

Stencil

Holy hell, this Wonder Trade thing?!

I mean, I put up anything and get back Dratinis and starters and all these awesome pokemon! What's the deal this is amazing!

Holy hell, this Wonder Trade thing?!

I mean, I put up anything and get back Dratinis and starters and all these awesome pokemon! What's the deal this is amazing!

WT is one of the better things this gen .... now that it's matured some.

Process goes like this ...

Someone breeds a ton of Pokemon trying to get the right IVs for their mon.
They get the right IVs!
Instead of releasing all of these decent to good Ived babies they WT them ... in hopes of getting other breeders reject babies with good to decent IVs.

That's how it goes. I guess I should try doing it more often ... last I checked outta one box I might get ONE good Ived mon.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm in front of the Tower of Mastery and "HM moves can't be forgotten now"

Any idea when they will be? This could seriously fuck me over when it comes to overlapping move slots on non-learnable moves. I might have to level up some other Pokemon before that comes up.

ciD_Vain

Any idea when they will be? This could seriously fuck me over when it comes to overlapping move slots on non-learnable moves. I might have to level up some other Pokemon before that comes up.

You need to go to the move deleter in Dendemille Town to delete an HM.

Edit: Does anyone have a Switcheroo Noibat? I really want to use one!

Holmes

Yeah, Wonder Trade is good now. At the beginning it was just level 2 Fletchlings and Bunnelbies, now it's mostly (not always) breeding leftovers. It'll probably revert back for a bit after Christmas, though.

You can delete them at the Move Deleter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dang. Be glad you didn't enter Pokémon before Gen V...
You must have missed my excessive bitching about Pearl and how I was upset over being lied to about this not being an issue in XY.

This could have ended up pissing me off a lot more, depending on how I chose to handle my Pokemon. Because you level up and you get some kickass move, and it's the only Pokemon you have that will ever learn it, and it can't be learned any other way, just RIGHT THEN, and you have a perfectly good slot there for some shit you don't really need and could teach to anything else, but OHHHHH NOOOO, CAN'T FORGET IT. So you sacrifice one of your other moves. Fortunately with this one I had to sacrifice Rock Smash, which is learnable, but I have several pokemon with basically full sets of awesome non-learnable moves. It would have just completely fucked them up, and I would have had to go back to god knows when the last time I saved was.

Do they tell you this? Nope. If they are going to be such raging assholes, they really should explain to you that is what is going on. "You want them to learn this? BY THE WAY there are going to be like 17 routes and 3 gyms before you can ever replace it. Is THAT okay?" Something like that would have been nice. But I'm still going to have to put this pokemon and one other aside because they are approaching nice level-learned moves, and I'll probably have to bring back a couple of my mains aside from this set I was trying to get to competent levels so that my team can be carried through the area with two useless move donkeys tagging along.

Terrible, terrible fucking design. Absolutely no reason for it and it does nothing but harm the experience. If I were a reviewer I'd drop this down 2 full points because of this. It just wrecks freedom and experimentation on your adventure, which is about the entirely of what pokemon is about.

Alchemy

I'll make a thread later this week but rules would be:

• All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Flat Battle
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    • Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    • Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    • Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item.
This way people can use the same team in local tournaments and during the Global Link tournaments.

I'm in for this. Gotta keep an eye out.

Knock Off

He's one of the best Knock Off users. It can either go with Substitute / Iron Head / Knock Off / Sucker Punch or eschew Substitute for Swords Dance for more power. You of all people should know how powerful Knock Off is in Gen VI, and Dark / Steel has nearly flawless coverage. Defiant makes it really effective against Landorus-T who is currently (or I should say, will be) the most prominent physical tank in the game, and Sticky Web teams.

Suffice it to say, Bisharp is really scary now.
Completely forgot about that move. Easily the most buffed move this gen. XP

Holmes

How viable is this strategy?

I have a Bold Goodra with Acid Armor. If I put full EV investment into defense, and split HP and special attack, would I be able to switch in on a special attacker, spam Acid Armor a few times, then be a total wall? Guess it depends on exactly what kind of special attacker I switch in on, but that was my plan while breeding.

Tiamant

I have a Bold Goodra with Acid Armor. If I put full EV investment into defense, and split HP and special attack, would I be able to switch in on a special attacker, spam Acid Armor a few times, then be a total wall? Guess it depends on exactly what kind of special attacker I switch in on, but that was my plan while breeding.

I did something similar with Vaporeon and worked wonders, since Goodra is way bulkier it should be very hard to kill.

While you're spamming Acid Armor, couldn't they just finish you with more Special Attacks? Does Goodra get any recovery?

isual

couldn't find a thread, but can someone answer this please.

the best way to find out if any of my pokemon ds games are fake is if they cannot;

1. connect online
2. cannot be played on my 3dsxl

is this correct ?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I offered to breed a pokemon for one of my friends who is making his way through the story, and he requested a stone cold killer Bidoof. So I breed Pusséwrecker, the most hardcore Bidoof in all of Kalos. But that left me with a PC box full of 5-4 IV Bidoofs and these OGs need a home, so...

I could be trading all of these phat Bidoofs for Mewtwos and lvl 99 Mudkips, if GTS postings are any indication, but instead I'm giving them away to you. Yes, you! I have 22 Bidoofs, 7 of which are 5 IV, the rest are 4 IV. All have Skull Bash for messing fools up. First come, first served and these mofos are HOT HOT HOT! Post if you want one and be sure to post your FC!

My FC: 0001-3764-1620

If you have any left when i get the game in 2 weeks, I'll take one mate.

Also...

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y? hehehehhhh

Also...

Why not both? :D

Technically, that's what I did, but one is going to be for a friend, so nyeh... I've just been trading and restarting between the two to get all the starters, but right now, I'm leaning towards keeping Y for myself. I'm a sucker for clouds and anything having to do with the sky, so yeah. That box art and cart art really does it for me. :p

PBalfredo

Also...

Okay, I'll set one aside for you. Just remind me with a PM when you get your copy.

As for which version, just go by which legendary you want. Between Wonder Trade and the GTS, it's very easy to pick up the exclusive pokemon from the other version. I went with Y.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Okay, I'll set one aside for you. Just remind me with a PM when you get your copy.

As for which version, just go by which legendary you want. Between Wonder Trade and the GTS, it's very easy to pick up the exclusive pokemon from the other version. I went with Y.

Thanks!

I'll search which legendaries are in which and decide, atm im siding with X

I offered to breed a pokemon for one of my friends who is making his way through the story, and he requested a stone cold killer Bidoof. So I breed Pusséwrecker, the most hardcore Bidoof in all of Kalos. But that left me with a PC box full of 5-4 IV Bidoofs and these OGs need a home, so...

I could be trading all of these phat Bidoofs for Mewtwos and lvl 99 Mudkips, if GTS postings are any indication, but instead I'm giving them away to you. Yes, you! I have 22 Bidoofs, 7 of which are 5 IV, the rest are 4 IV. All have Skull Bash for messing fools up. First come, first served and these mofos are HOT HOT HOT! Post if you want one and be sure to post your FC!

My FC: 0001-3764-1620
Do you still have any left? If you're out of 5 IV, a 4 IV one would still be much appreciated! ^_^

FC: 0903-3152-6750

waby

34821_trainercard-Waby.png

Add me guys!

Ryne

Speaking of Safaris, I finally got around to beating the main game (took 250 hours..), and I'm wondering if someone would kindly check my safari for me.

PK Gaming

I found another shiny Pokemon in the safari today (that makes 3 so far)

2013%2B-%2B1

I also managed to breed a HP Ice Galvantula without hassle.

Today was a win.

Top Bottom