• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Holmes

What!? Flash Fire Cyndaquil has never been released!?

Darth_vader_no.gif
:'(

Need Sheer Force Feraligat(o)r.

Holmes

Harvest Trevenant w/ Sitrius berry is broken! I had no idea the ability was this awesome. Exceeding my wildest expectations and then some. Not uncommon to eat two berries in a single turn.

Harvest Trevenant w/ Sitrius Berry
Will-0-Wisp
Leach Seed
Shadow Claw
Wood Hammer/Leach Horn
You can replace Wood Hammer or Shadow Claw with Protect for extra stalling and recovery against leech sheeded opponents.

Tiamant

You make me sad Tiamant. That Trevenant walled you to pieces before that stupid Kabutops... ;_;

That's true, and thanks to your nasty Trevenant and the purification journey that I embarked upon our first encounter, now I have an excellent counter to Talonflame too.

But hey, your Slowbro still kicks my butt easily, I don't think I have a counter for that yet :/

That's true, and thanks to your nasty Trevenant and the purification journey that I embarked upon our first encounter, now I have an excellent counter to Talonflame too.

But hey, your Slowbro still kicks my butt easily, I don't think I have a counter for that yet :/
I... don't have a Slowbro. I think that's Antiwhippy. Lol.

joelseph

Bred a 5IV Rotom-W over the weekend and it only took me two boxes. The thing is a monster against Greninja, Azumarill and Talonflame. Considering how much those three see action online Rotom-W is irreplaceable.

Tiamant

I... don't have a Slowbro. I think that's Antiwhippy. Lol.

Oh you're right. You had that shiny Aegislash that swooped my ass D:

I'm thinking about making a Slowking because I always loved the Slowpoke line but Slowbro is too mainstream, (I've yet to see one King online) and I see that Future Sight is an egg move. I know Psychic is a lot more safe but maybe I can play some mindgames with it?

Real Hero

come back to this game after a bit of a break, building a team so far I'm aiming for Dragonite(attack/speed), Mega Gardvoir (special attack/speed), Volcarona (special attack/ speed) any tips on the rest of the team? I was thinking Donphan and EV train his defense and hp or something

PK Gaming

Oh you're right. You had that shiny Aegislash that swooped my ass D:

I'm thinking about making a Slowking because I always loved the Slowpoke line but Slowbro is too mainstream, (I've yet to see one King online) and I see that Future Sight is an egg move. I know Psychic is a lot more safe but maybe I can play some mindgames with it?
0_o

joelseph

come back to this game after a bit of a break, building a team so far I'm aiming for Dragonite(attack/speed), Mega Gardvoir (special attack/speed), Volcarona (special attack/ speed) any tips on the rest of the team? I was thinking Donphan and EV train his defense and hp or something

(I am just starting to get into battling online so take this with a grain of salt) When I started creating my team I was the same way, pick cool pokemon and build a nice team around a couple attackers and special attackers. I kept getting my stuff kicked in until I started bring pokemon that were specific answers to other pokemon that you commonly face online. The biggest piece of advice I can give you for the rest of your team is have something that is big and bulky and can soak priority attacks that have been boosted. Mainly watch out for Boosted priority from Ageislash and Azumarrill and 120 stab priority from Talonflame.

upandaway

Well first of all you have to find something with either Defog or Rapid Spin, because Volcarona's not going to happen without them. Besides that, you have enough threats as is, you need some kind of support or wall Pokemon that can spread status and give your Dragonite and Volcarona the chances they need to set up.

Then, dunno, look around at what Pokemon people use that can give those 3 threats a hard time preventing them from sweeping (like Talonflame shuts Volcarona down). Then try and find a Pokemon that can deal with those.

I must be crazy, but I've been thinking of changing my 5 IV Pikachu for a new one to get HP Ice. I think we have one or two users who use Pikachu here. Do you use HP Ice at all or do you just use other moves? Maybe HP Dragon wouldn't be so bad...

PK Gaming

I mean compared to it's brother in law.
Oh, haha.

Well there's a good reason for that. You see, Slowbro matches up well against many of the new threats in X&Y. It's particularly effective at stopping Talonflame (a.k.a King of standard), in addition to physical Garchomp and a host of physical attackers (including Mega Medicham, who's nigh unwallable). It's very potent physical wall.

Slowking was a good alternative to Slowbro in gen V when Rain teams were everywhere, as it had the SpD to take them on(Specs Hydro Pump did to much to Slowbro). Unless you plan on using Slowking offensively (it gets Nasty Plot) or you just plain like it more, there isn't really a good reason to use it over Slowbro in this gen.
I must be crazy, but I've been thinking of changing my 5 IV Pikachu for a new one to get HP Ice. I think we have one or two users who use Pikachu here. Do you use HP Ice at all or do you just use other moves? Maybe HP Dragon wouldn't be so bad...

Don't skimp out on HP Ice. The coverage against Ground- & Dragon-types (especially the ones that have a quad weakness to Ice ) is absolutely crucial. I'm going to start breeding for a Raichu soon, and i'll give you one of my spitbacks. (And anyone else who wants one)

Tiamant

Oh, haha.

Well there's a good reason for that. You see, Slowbro matches up well against many of the new threats in X&Y. It's particularly effective at stopping Talonflame (a.k.a King of standard), in addition to physical Garchomp and a host of physical attackers (including Mega Medicham, who's nigh unwallable). It's very potent physical wall.

Slowking was a good alternative to Slowbro in gen V when Rain teams were everywhere, as it had the SpD to take them on(Specs Hydro Pump did to much to Slowbro). Unless you plan on using Slowking offensively (it gets Nasty Plot) or you just plain like it more, there isn't really a good reason to use it over Slowbro in this gen.

I guess it's that :p

It has things like Dragon Tail, Nasty Plot or Power Gem to differentiate itself so I'll just be happy with that. Good thing I can get both of them with only a good batch of eggs :p

Sooo.. I'm curious to know what are peoples thoughts on just my team in general. What I could possibly do with them. I don't have the pokemon yet, but this is what i'm thinking of going.

-Milotic
-Zangoose
-Chandelure
-Scizor
-Gradevoir
-Murkrow

Oh wow. I bred a 31/0/30/31/31/31 Timid Eevee. I didn't intend to, but this is perfect for a HP Ice Jolteon.

The only problem is that the ability is Anticipation, so it'll evolve into a Jolteon with Quick Feet and not Volt Absorb...

I also made a 27/0/30/31/31/31 Timid Eevee, which is also great for HP Ice Jolteon and the ability is actually Run Away, which is convenient.

Aw, man. I hate Eevee.

spiritfox

Oh wow. I bred a 31/0/30/31/31/31 Timid Eevee. I didn't intend to, but this is perfect for a HP Ice Jolteon.

The only problem is that the ability is Anticipation, so it'll evolve into a Jolteon with Quick Feet and not Volt Absorb...

I also made a 27/0/30/31/31/31 Timid Eevee, which is also great for HP Ice Jolteon and the ability is actually Run Away, which is convenient.

Aw, man. I hate Eevee.

Use the first Eevee for a kickass Espeon.

Andrefpvs

Guys, I'm working on a Catcher Smeargle and I need a good nickname for it.

I've come up with:

- Snaggle
- Snargle
- Smearget (or Smeargots)
- Ketchum

Any new suggestions?

PK Gaming

Alright, time to breed for an Alakazam

Does anyone have any male 4IV Magic Guard Abra I could use? Or any male Pokemon in the same egg group as Alakazam.

Spinluck

Sooo.. I'm curious to know what are peoples thoughts on just my team in general. What I could possibly do with them. I don't have the pokemon yet, but this is what i'm thinking of going.

-Milotic
-Zangoose
-Chandelure
-Scizor
-Gradevoir
-Murkrow

Whoa, how'd you get a Milotic?

Top Bottom