• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

TWILT

Banned
Woo finally perfect (well, as it can get) Lightning Rod Pichu with HP Ice! Prolly just gonna use a Light Ball Pikachu for funsies, but hey. :p

Think I'll try for a HP Ice Electrike next (thanks to PK for the near perfect Electrike he gave to me, btw!). Wanna try out Mega Manectric.

Bleeether

Does anyone have a Foongus with hidden ability ? I can trade a Jolly larvitar with 4 or 5 IVS or a modest Lotad with Gigadrain egg move.

PS_GUY

I'm so bored with this game. I just want them to announce the sequel to XY, but I don't think that will happen until 2015. :(

Really hope Game Freaks decides to release an updated version of Ruby and Sapphire. Regardless of what most people say, I think that generation was the bomb!

Moppet13

The everstone will always pass the nature down. you have to attach it to the parent that is going to the daycare. the hatched babies will have that nature.

Dittos will make breeding really easy especially if u get luck and find a 4 iv ditto. Also Alakazams with synchronize will make it easy to find the pokemon you need with the nature you need.

I know that's how it's supposed to work, but I keep getting eggs with a different nature? I mean I don't get how you make a pokemon hold an everstone wrong. But I can manage it.

Anybody else think a horde of Lickitung is the creepiest thing ever? I mean, something like that in real life... I think my spine would explode from the chills.

I never thought that, until I saw it in 3D and now I just can't stop thinking of how absolutely creep and disgusting it is.

Bleeether

I know that's how it's supposed to work, but I keep getting eggs with a different nature? I mean I don't get how you make a pokemon hold an everstone wrong. But I can manage it.

I never thought that, until I saw it in 3D and now I just can't stop thinking of how absolutely creep and disgusting it is.

That is very unusual. What nature are your trying to pass down and what are you breeding?

This talk of HP Ice reminds me that my most reliable 30 IV is my 4 IV Ditto but the 30 is in speed...well I do have more than an additional box of Ditto so at least one of those should have a 30 elsewhere.

The only thing I can think is what happens when both parents hold an everstone? I can imagine the game just cancelling the effects of both.

Moppet13

I had a beldum that had Adamant nature with an everstone, and I got stuff like timid, quirky, and bashful. My other pokemon was a ditto holding a powerband. It wasn't a big deal since I don't quite understand breeding anyways, I just wanted to give one of the same nature to a friend.

Of course the posts a couple pages back helped me a lot, but this issue was before that.

Yeah, I'm breeding in X and Y. I have to assume it was just some sort of glitch since it doesn't make sense.
This reminds me. I sometimes deposit both patents, walk out the daycare, the guy has an egg for me. HOW? It should only check after 256 steps yet I get an egg after about 6...

Ah version 1.4 fixes daycare bugs I await thee...

joelseph

Feeling dumb, help me figure this out.

Trying to breed Gale Wing

I have a female Big Pecks holding a Destiny Knot and a Adamant male Gale Wings holding a everstone. Every single child has been Big Pecks. No flame body. No Gale Wings. What gives?

Usobuko

Banned

I have a female Big Pecks holding a Destiny Knot and a Adamant male Gale Wings holding a everstone. Every single child has been Big Pecks. No flame body. No Gale Wings. What gives?

Hidden ability can only be pass down from female parents. 60% chance to be exact. Unless you breed a g.w. male one with ditto who is genderless.

Destiny Knot pass down IVs
Everstone pass down Nature

Don't worry, if you are still having trouble, send me your FC. I think I have a couple of spare with Gale Wing and 3+ IVs.

My journey officially ended last night before bed: I bred a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Female Timid Anticipation Eevee.

Took me 240 eggs to get this combo down... But, I feel accomplished.

I guess now that I have this as well as a perfect 6 IV Male Eevee, I should breed for the other Eeveelutions, but honestly aside from Jolteon and Espeon I'm not interested in the Eevee line.

I guess I should look up some sets for them.

GW has already been addressed. You're not getting Flame Body because Fletchling can't have Flame Body.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Celebi giveaway has Recover, Heal Block, Safeguard, and...Hold Back?

I guess a new move yet discovered in the XY data?

Derrick01

Banned
Just started X and I'm surprised how streamlined they made it. Pokemon was always easy but is there a reason why I have a portable pokemon center following me in this forest?

Oh well at least I just caught a Pikachu.

fek

Celebi giveaway is an awesome christmas gift.

Anyone who can trade me a Regenerator Slowpoke? female preferably, I'm going crazy trying to get one in hordes.
I can give you one when I get home in a few hours if you still need it by then.

The Celebi giveaway has Recover, Heal Block, Safeguard, and...Hold Back?

I guess a new move yet discovered in the XY data?
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/18/download-pokemon-bank-app-receive-celebi-pokemon-x-y/

The description here makes it sound like a variation of False Swipe...?

And I wonder how the download works for Celebi. Will it be possible to get multiples by trading and restarting? Yeah, I know there's cloning, but I've strayed away from cloning glitches since I realized I somehow lost my Suicune and Red Gyarados in Crystal... I have no clue where they went. :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just started X and I'm surprised how streamlined they made it. Pokemon was always easy but is there a reason why I have a portable pokemon center following me in this forest?
Don't bother utilizing the assistance to level up. The exp share you get just a bit later on will make it way better.

Tiamant

Good thing I just trained a Weavile, that should keep all the future Celebi's at bay.

Edit: oh I forgot about dat x4 weakness to bug, thank god for Accelgor.

Holmes

Will we be able to SR for a nature and IVs we want or is the Celebi deposited directly on the bank or what? Would prefer a Calm or Modest Celebi. Maybe with HP Fire or Rock. Would take 2 days of soft resetting but...

Woo finally perfect (well, as it can get) Lightning Rod Pichu with HP Ice! Prolly just gonna use a Light Ball Pikachu for funsies, but hey. :p

Think I'll try for a HP Ice Electrike next (thanks to PK for the near perfect Electrike he gave to me, btw!). Wanna try out Mega Manectric.

Congrats! I have no idea how to breed for HP. How exactly did you manage to get it to be near perfect?

What's a good name for a Gastrodon? I was going to name it Slugworth, but the first perfect one I hatched just happened to be a female, so I'm out of ideas.

TWILT

Banned
Congrats! I have no idea how to breed for HP. How exactly did you manage to get it to be near perfect?
Managed to get an Electrike from a friend that had 31/x/30/31/31/31 (the x needs to be an even number to get HP Ice if I'm right...) IVs and thankfully he was in the same egg group as Pikachu. Took me a long while, but once I decided to bother evolving one of the female Pichu offsprings with good IVs, I let her breed with my Electrike, and then eventually got a HP Ice Pikachu.

What the hell wonder trade? I just got a Happiny nicknamed "No thanks" in a heal ball. It is shiny and Jolly nature. Probably junk IVs but still...

MegaMelon

So theoretically I can download bank on both of my 3ds's, get the celebi, then wipe one of the 3ds and download bank again to get another celebi, etc? (I plan on buying it regardless but having some way of 'resetting' for a decent nature would be cool)

Kokonoe

Banned
I picked up Pokemon Y for 19.99$ due that sale at Toys R Us a week or so ago and did price match at Target, so today I finally opened it and decided I'd do something interested in this time around that I haven't before and that is the Nuzlocke Challenge. I'm abiding by these rules.

1. Must Box fainted Pokemon.
2. Nickname each Pokemon.
3. Must catch first Pokemon in each area.
4. Cannot capture more than one pokemon per route/area.
5. No traded Pokemon, only captured from version.
6. No do overs.

I also avoided the very first area since they didn't allow you to have Pokeballs yet, and I know it usually allows you to wait till you're allowed Pokeballs first, but I figured I'd go all the way with it. I picked Froakie and I named it Naoshi, it's speed should serve nicely.

So the first area had a Pidgey, but no Pokeballs at the time so I skipped. I then get into Santalune Forest and the first Pokemon I encounter is a level 2 Weedle. Naoshi's bubble unfortunately one shot the poor thing so I had to skip the wild Pokemon in that area. I ran into a Lass trainer that had a Pikachu and that made me instantly worried cause I know two Thundershock moves would faint Naoshi. Luckily, it only did Growl twice so Naoshi won on the third hit.

I went into the next area and ran into a Fletchling, although since I "killed" my chance earlier I was afraid of attacking at all, even with pound so I threw Pokeballs at the bird. 3 didn't work, but the 4th one did and I nicknamed it Bord. I actually was going to use pound if it didn't catch on that 4th ball because it did Growl twice, but luckily it did. I get to Santalune City, and I go to the right to see if I can catch another wild Pokemon before entering the Gym, but I see a trainer is there and I get scared it might be too powerful for Naoshi so I go back and enter the Gym. (after buying a new hat~)

The first opponent has a Ledyba, and it instantly does Supersonic and Naoshi gets confused. I go ahead and risk it a bit since Naoshi is at full health and managed to land 2 bubbles, but each turn Ledyba would do Comet Punch and it would land 2 times. On the third turn, Naoshi hurt itself in confusion, but I figured I had enough health to not worry much, HOWEVER, Ledyba's Comet Punch this time around did 3 hits and Naoshi is really low on health to the point where he would die he hurt himself in confusion. Once again, luckily he snaps out of confusion and gets the last hit and beats it. I couldn't use Bord throughout the entire Gym because it's only level 5 and has Tackle and Growl which won't help at all.

So I get to the Gym Leader and it has Surskit. I use Lick a few times to Paralyze it and it does eventually, with things seemingly going well but then she uses a Potion on it which causes me to use a Potion. Eventually it goes down without much a fight. She then sends out Vivillion and I was kind of worried about fighting a evolved Pokemon with Naoshi, but she makes me worry even more because she instantly does Infestation which starts sapping Naoshi's health bar. I try to get a few Licks in because I want to paralyze it, but no matter how many times I attempted it wouldn't work (5 or 6). I give up on that because it's barely doing any damage, even less of so since she did Harden 2 times and I go for Bubble. Bubble isn't doing much at all but it's the best I can do to it. I'm constantly having to use potions because on every second turn Naoshi would have died if that wasn't the case. I then get to a point where Vivillion attacks and the infestation hits in and Naoshi has only 2 HP. I use a potion but it doesn't put me at full health, it puts me at near full health. She then uses Infestation and gets a critical hit and I'm wondering if Naoshi is gonna die here, but it some how managed to live with only 1 HP left. For some reason I had a Super Potion on me and I use it, and then I start trying to work down it's HP. I'm down to 3-4 Potions left, if she uses a Potion even once on Vivillion I'm toast. Luckily, out of some miracle, at lower orange health on Vivillion I managed to hit it with Bubble and it did more damage than the other times without it being a critical and we win.

Intense!

Kokonoe

Banned
holy crap at both of those last 2 fights in the nuzlocke so far, koko. PHEWWW

Yeah, this is really intense! You pulled through, somehow! ( ◜◡^)

Awesome keep it up! I hope you get a Litleo.

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. And yeah, that would be pretty cool to get a Litleo. Here's hoping.

That sounds fun. If I see a cheap Y version I'll double dip for making a wondertrade nuzlocke.

I'm having fun, although it's scary at the same time. lol

backlot

looking to breed a chlorophyll bublasaur to use with my charizard y

what IV's and nature should i be aiming for?

For IV's maximizing everything but attack would be the best. If you don't want to put that much work into it, prioritize speed, special attack and maybe HP. For the nature you probably want Modest.

joelseph

That sounds fun. If I see a cheap Y version I'll double dip for making a wondertrade nuzlocke.

That's what I'm doing on my second copy. Wonderlocke. Catch 5 pokemon and trade them and your starter over Wonder Trade until you have 6 level 1 pokemon.

The game is still incredibly easy. I'm going to have to do a challenge with no exp share and limited pokemon centers next time.

Top Bottom