• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

NEO0MJ

How about I give you my other HP Ice Eevee? It has 30 Def IVs and you can keep it for other HP Ice projects you might have in that egg group. I just rebred it because it has the wrong ability, and its IVs are about 13/xx/30/31/31/31.

Thanks!! PM me when you can trade.

I got a JPN Imposter Ditto through wonder trade last night. Is there any advantage to breeding with a HA Ditto? Will it increase the chances of breeding other HA Pokémon?

For example, if I breed a male protean Froakie with the Ditto, do I stand a better chance of having protean offspring?

And one other question: if I breed two foreign Pokémon, will that give a higher chance of hatching a shiny than if I bred using only one foreign Pokémon?

And what's all this talk about breeding for a specific Hidden Power? Sorry, I'm just terribly new to all the intricacies of breeding. Is there a good guide that explains all these small rules? :/

I got a JPN Imposter Ditto through wonder trade last night. Is there any advantage to breeding with a HA Ditto? Will it increase the chances of breeding other HA Pokémon?

For example, if I breed a male protean Froakie with the Ditto, do I stand a better chance of having protean offspring?

And one other question: if I breed two foreign Pokémon, will that give a higher chance of hatching a shiny than if I bred using only one foreign Pokémon?

And what's all this talk about breeding for a specific Hidden Power? Sorry, I'm just terribly new to all the intricacies of breeding. Is there a good guide that explains all these small rules? :/

Unfortunately, Ditto's ability has no effect on the chances of breeding HA mon.

And the Masuda Method does not increase in chance of both mons are from two entirely different foreign regions, if I remember correctly, it will just be the normal Masuda Method rate. Remember that the parents have to be different: for example, two JPN mon will not make the Masuda Method work but a GER mother and a JPN father will.

Breeding for specific Hidden Power is a whole different ball game, you have to nail an exact combination of IVs. This page explains it well. It is a little outdated, since Hidden Power will always be 60 power in this gen but it's a good reference.

Wait, mega gardevoir, really?

Yup. I have no idea why it was so popular last night, but it was really annoying since I like to run Dark-types >:/

At least the sucker goes down to Scrafty's Poison Jab pretty quickly. Azumarill is honestly the only real Fairy-type threat to my team.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yup. I have no idea why it was so popular last night, but it was really annoying since I like to run Dark-types >:/

At least the sucker goes down to Scrafty's Poison Jab pretty quickly. Azumarill is honestly the only real Fairy-type threat to my team.

Haha yeah, that's a pretty big suprise to me because for fairy types it's either mega mawile or azumarill for me. I barely see gardevoir.

Unfortunately, Ditto's ability has no effect on the chances of breeding HA mon.

And the Masuda Method does not increase in chance of both mons are from two entirely different foreign regions, if I remember correctly, it will just be the normal Masuda Method rate. Remember that the parents have to be different: for example, two JPN mon will not make the Masuda Method work but a GER mother and a JPN father will.

Breeding for specific Hidden Power is a whole different ball game, you have to nail an exact combination of IVs. This page explains it well. It is a little outdated, since Hidden Power will always be 60 power in this gen but it's a good reference.
Aw that's a shame... I thought I had something amazing there for a second. :( Oh well, at least it's JPN.

And thanks for the info. The complexities of IV breeding are interesting to me, especially with the Destiny Knot addition, but I doubt I want to go THAT deep into the mechanics. Just trying to aim for the right natures and stats sucked some fun of my initial playthrough of HG/SS. I guess once I finish the main game in this, I'll try my hand at online battles and breeding good Pokémon.

Holmes

Sometimes I think the RNG gets stuck in a loop. Third batch of Gibles with 4 females and one male, with the male being Sand Veil.

NEO0MJ

Haha yeah, that's a pretty big suprise to me because for fairy types it's either mega mawile or azumarill for me. I barely see gardevoir.

I was expecting that Togekiss would get a popularity boost this gen, but I guess that never happened.

Sometimes I think the RNG gets stuck in a loop. Third batch of Gibles with 4 females and one male, with the male being Sand Veil.

I once got batches of nothing but 4IV male Growlithes. It was really strange, and made breeding difficult as the best female only had 3 IVs.

TWILT

Banned
I actually like the Japanese XY anime theme more :V

I wanna be the very best has gotten so old and lame. *ducks*

I actually like the Japanese XY anime theme more :V

I wanna be the very best has gotten so old and lame. *ducks*
*Throws lower*

It's cool. Everyone has their own tastes. I haven't heard the Japanese openings, so I can't judge. If other anime OPs are any indicator, I'm sure it's awesome.

I've got some 4IV Calm, Recover, Prankster Sableyes. If anyone wants one, I'd love some 3-5IV pokemon in return.

Let me know. 1607 2656 3264 ign Jury.

Put up a Zapdos on the GTS.

I quickly got back a female Modest Chinchou with Volt Absorb, 31/X/31/X/31/31, Whirlpool, Soak, and either Agility or Amnesia (I think Amnesia). It's in the ball I wanted, too (Dive Ball).

Awwww, people on the GTS can be so considerate at times. <3 Hooray for GOOD spitbacks!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Put up a Zapdos on the GTS.

I quickly got back a female Modest Chinchou with Volt Absorb, 31/X/31/X/31/31, Whirlpool, Soak, and either Agility or Amnesia (I think Amnesia). It's in the ball I wanted, too (Dive Ball).

Awwww, people on the GTS can be so considerate at times. <3 Hooray for GOOD spitbacks!

Why would you trade zapdos!?

Holmes

Just thought that Milotic would be a perfect Assault Vest user. :eek: No Recover though, but it might be worth it. I wish I could test it out!

Without being on simulators will people take "fun"bro to battle spot (its not like you need to resort to such tactics to get someone to disconnect).

The bannings just make me think, yeah 6v6 singles is a bit of lost cause (I'm not super invested in the metagame but form an outside perspective setup, entry hazards and revenge killing are too powerful in that format...Blaziken is setup, Gengar revenge).

onslack

For IV's maximizing everything but attack would be the best. If you don't want to put that much work into it, prioritize speed, special attack and maybe HP. For the nature you probably want Modest.

completely missed this post!

thank you for the reply. ive bred a 5IV ( in everything except attack) timid bulbasaur and, i'll re-breed to get a modest nature

Top Bottom