• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

I can understand Mega Kangaskhan but I think banning Mega Gengar and Mega Blaziken is silly.
How is that silly? lol.

Edit: Man, when you get the parents, breeding for HP Ice is way too easy. I'm actually going to take that 31/0/30/31/31/31 Eevee I bred earlier and make a nice Espeon like someone suggested earlier. I ended up easily making another Eevee with a spread of 31/6/30/31/31/31 that I can make into a Jolteon because it's ability isn't the HA.

I should try and breed for other HP. To be completely honest, breeding for HP would be a lot easier if there was a quick way to see exact IV spreads. IV calculators are helpful and all, but still.

So I finally hatch the perfect Slowpoke with 31 IV's in everything except speed which has 0 aaaaand... Own Tempo -_-

If that is the Slowpoke you want I would recommend holding onto it because PokeBank lets you get easy Battle Points so you could buy the ability changing item.

Wichu

Haven't done one of these for a few days.
itSbTB2k8lFVm.png

KITTENS

Rnr1224

can someone give me any tips, suggestions, or set recommendations for a team comprised of:
Houndoom (mega)
Klefki
Galvantula
Xatu
Froslass
Chesnaught

im not really using it for competitive purposes, just for fun and to use pokemon that i have always liked but never used

Panzon

I can understand Mega Kangaskhan but I think banning Mega Gengar and Mega Blaziken is silly.
I dont think any of them should be banned to be quite honest. I also agree with the guy in the video about how if you keep banning these mons people will just keep overusing others in an endless cycle. I dont follow smogon rules anyway so whatever

I dont think any of them should be banned to be quite honest. I also agree with the guy in the video about how if you keep banning these mons people will just keep overusing others in an endless cycle. I dont follow smogon rules anyway so whatever

They are banned because they are too powerful.

Wichu

Where can I train post game? Is there something similar to stadiums in b/w?

Battle Chateau is what you want. It's bad early on, but as you rank up you get the ability to increase the trainer spawn rate and levels. The triple-Audino trainers there are amazing for experience (pretty sure you can get over 100,000 exp per battle from them).

Morokh

How is that silly? lol.

Edit: Man, when you get the parents, breeding for HP Ice is way too easy. I'm actually going to take that 31/0/30/31/31/31 Eevee I bred earlier and make a nice Espeon like someone suggested earlier. I ended up easily making another Eevee with a spread of 31/6/30/31/31/31 that I can make into a Jolteon because it's ability isn't the HA.

I should try and breed for other HP. To be completely honest, breeding for HP would be a lot easier if there was a quick way to see exact IV spreads. IV calculators are helpful and all, but still.

Do you (or any other breeder doing this) have a spare 30IV def Eevee that I could grab ?

joelseph

Battle Chateau is what you want. It's bad early on, but as you rank up you get the ability to increase the trainer spawn rate and levels. The triple-Audino trainers there are amazing for experience (pretty sure you can get over 100,000 exp per battle from them).

One round of triple battles in Le WoW with Exp Power rank 3 holding a Lucky egg will level the pokemon ~52 levels.

Panzon

They are banned because they are too powerful.
Yes they are very powerful but not ban worthy. All 2 of them can easily be countered with the correct team. I k ow because I've been able to easily do it. Maybe the people i played against weren't that good or maybe I my strategy was that much better. Idk. The point is they're not so OP you gotta ban them

PK Gaming

They're only banned in the make-believe format called OU. Feel free to use them in any other format, including official formats like 3v3 & VGC Doubles.

But on topic: Mega Kanghaskan is stupidly, stupidly overpowered.

Smogon's criteria for keeping something in OU is a sort of "moved goalpost" where it isn't enough that you can beat it, but if you can hard counter it with a single Pokemon (which is being able to switch in and take a hit, and be able to kill it the next turn).

They basically don't like it if it takes more than one Pokemon to take something down.

Bleeether

Ughhh did i just screw up?

I bred a flawless Gligar with the nature and hidden ability i wanted. I then leveled it to 100 without holding a razor fang, thinking that when i give it a razor fang it would evolve like other pokemons do with a stone. Is my Gligar unable to evolve now?

spankbank

Neo Member
I'm struggling to figure out how to build this Gastrodon.
Careful/Relaxed (unsure)
Infestation
Yawn
EQ (Toxic)
Recover

Running into a ton of Rotom-Ws so I figured maybe I could trap/wall them with Gas

ETA: with the ability of Storm Drain!

I bred a flawless Gligar with the nature and hidden ability i wanted. I then leveled it to 100 without holding a razor fang, thinking that when i give it a razor fang it would evolve like other pokemons do with a stone. Is my Gligar unable to evolve now?

Yup, unless you can soft reset to a save in which Gligar isn't Level 100, you're SOL.

macklelol

Yep, you're screwed.

Wazzy

Banned

I'm pretty sure you can't evolve it now.

Looks like it. Gligar evolves through level-up (while holding a Razor Fang & during nighttime) so you're stuck.

Bleeether

o well, guess i have a really good breeder for bug type pokemon =/ Wont lie, i'm salty right now. :( :(

Has anyone else ever made a mistake like dis ?

Wazzy

Banned
o well, guess i have a really good breeder for bug type pokemon =/ Wont lie, i'm salty right now. :( :(

Has anyone else ever made a mistake like dis ?
No but I'll give you a tip: Don't level your pokemon all the way to a 100 until everything is complete. That includes moveset and EV's. You should evolve as early as possible unless you need a move from the pre evolution.

Bleeether

No but I'll give you a tip: Don't level your pokemon all the way to a 100 until everything is complete. That includes moveset and EV's. You should evolve as early as possible unless you need a move from the pre evolution.

Thats what i had been doing with all my pokemon. I was so excited to finish the last member of my team that i had not thought everything out.

Now that i have to breed a new pokemon, what do you guys think would be better build for my team.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Earth Quake
Toxic
Roost
Ice fang

or

Gliscor @ Flying gem
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Substitute

The other Pokemon on my team are Volcarona, Choice Scarf T-tar, Metagross @ psychic gem, Ludicolo, and Amoongus. The team is a clone of one i found on nugget bridge that won us nationals. I'll experiment with my own ideas when i get more experience with the game, since i've only been playing for almost 2 weeks.

Wazzy

Banned
You can't get flying gem at the moment until pokebank so if you're fine waiting a few days then why not. I prefer toxic orb/poison heal set.

Top Bottom