• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

To-nite's project: Bulletproof Subseed Chesnaught.

Moveset suggestions?

~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Bulk Up
~Spiky Shield/Hammer Arm (the former for more longevity and the latter so that you don't get owned by Taunt)

Slap a Leftovers on that puppy and ain't nobody gonna be able to touch you.

Except for friggin' Talonflame, the cheap sucker.

Am just now realizing that Chesnaught can remember Belly Drum.

How does a Substitute/Leech Seed/Belly Drum/Hammer Arm set with Leftovers sound?

~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Bulk Up
~Spiky Shield/Hammer Arm (the former for more longevity and the latter so that you don't get owned by Taunt)

Slap a Leftovers on that puppy and ain't nobody gonna be able to touch you.

Except for friggin' Talonflame, the cheap sucker.
I suppose Bulk Up would be better for the long game.

Inotti

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

"It occurs whenever Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin are bred."

Hopefully, you're right and it works.

large

Different region pokemon are marked with labels like "JPN" "GER" "KOR" etc. For example you have never been able to masuda between US and EU english pokemon. Though there's always a possibility that they changed that in this gen. But you are right, there's no way to prove my theory at this point. Haha. At least I'm able to make nicknames with ä and ö with German language game so it won't be a complete waste. :D And I get all the Y exclusive megastones.

Atlantis

Am just now realizing that Chesnaught can remember Belly Drum.

How does a Substitute/Leech Seed/Belly Drum/Hammer Arm set with Leftovers sound?

I suppose Bulk Up would be better for the long game.

Belly Drum is kind of a hard sell on something so slow with no priority.

McNum

Hmm, so I'm going over this whole Baton Pass Eeveelution team thing in my head. It's hard to limit each to four moves. For this to work, all Eevees must be able to add something nice to the pile of buffs. That becomes a bit of a problem for some.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

1. Vaporeon - ?? Nature, EVs in HP and ??
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Wish / Aqua Ring
- Baton Pass

2. Jolteon - Timid Nature, EVs in Speed and Sp. Atk.
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power (???)
- Baton Pass

3. Sylveon - ?? Nature, EVs in Sp Def and Sp. Atk.
- Moonblast / Hyper Beam
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Baton Pass

4. Espeon (Magic Bounce) - ?? Nature, EVs in Sp. Def and Sp. Atk
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Double Team / Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass

5. Glaceon (Ice Body) - ?? Nature, EVs in Defense and Sp. Atk
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Barrier
- Baton Pass

6. Umbreon - ?? Nature, EVs in Sp Def and Defense
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic / Shadow Ball
- Wish
- Baton Pass

This is still very much a work in progress, I'm not even sure if those are the correct six out of the eight Eeveelutions or if the moves/natures/EVs are a good plan. Umbreon sticks out in that it doesn't actually have any stat boost moves, it just becomes nearly unkillable if it inherits a bunch of Acid Armors and Calm Minds. It has Baton Pass to be able to pass that on, if needed.

Also thinking that if Sylveon has Pixilate, then putting Hyper Beam on there could be silly. Yeah, it needs to charge a turn, which is dangerous, but a Baton Passed STAB'd Fairy type Hyper Beam sounds like one heck of a finishing move.

So... what do you guys thing. Worth going after? It's one heck of a breeding/evolving/training show to put on the road. I'd love it if you guys could help fill in the blanks and settle some disputes such as Aqua Ring vs. Wish.

McNum

Jolteon can learn Agility.
Good point. Even if it's silly fast on its own, the other Eeveelutions... aren't. Might be good to go first, especially with Umbreon since it uses a flinching move.

But I gotta ask, for the last slot. Umbreon, Leafeon, or Flareon? I'm thinking Umbreon for now, but only really because both Flareon and Leafeon are Attack based while everyone else is Sp. Attack based and can Baton Pass that. Leafeon gets Swords Dance, yes, but no one else can use that.

That is by no means typical! Lol. It's usually within several hundred.

Well statistically its 1/1000+ right? Not to mention abilities are random and one of stats might end up butchered thanks to RNG, even if you stack your odds with Destiny Knot. It's just not something I plan on doing. Although, I think Shiny Haxorus is the coolest looking mofo out there.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm thinking aqua ring for your vaporeon if you're baton passing it. You've already got two others with Wish and that gives you a few rounds of healing.

I've been debating between umbreon and espeon for who I want to raise and focus on first. I was leaning towards espeon but then I have to work on getting it's hidden ability while I don't think Umbreon's matters. I forgot to get my Vaporeons but it's not a huge deal.

McNum

I'm thinking aqua ring for your vaporeon if you're baton passing it. You've already got two others with Wish and that gives you a few rounds of healing.

I've been debating between umbreon and espeon for who I want to raise and focus on first. I was leaning towards espeon but then I have to work on getting it's hidden ability while I don't think Umbreon's matters. I forgot to get my Vaporeons but it's not a huge deal.
Yeah, Aqua Ring is unique in the group, Wish is going to be everyone's Egg Move. I also realized that Espeon can learn Grass Knot. That would be nice to have, I think. Unless I swap Umbreon for Leafeon, then I don't need a grass move.

Just for completeness sake:

Leafeon (Chlorophyll) - ?? Nature EVs in Attack and Defense
- Leaf Blade
- Sunny Day / X-Scissors / Bite
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

I think that's what I'd build it like, but I'm not sure if it's better than Umbreon for this team.

MicH

Finished EV training my Scizor, Larvitar and Larvesta. Now leveling them up at Restaunt Le Wow. I love how easy it is to EV train. Makes vitamins useless. Why spend so much money on something you can archieve in 5 minutes?

teeny

I hope people are happy with their Heracrosses and Joltiks!

Some people who have added themselves to the doc haven't actually added me to their friend list yet; make sure you do, I'll hold the critters :)

Finally got Marill. So many great IV spreads passed aside. Could have gotten another 5IV Mareep or Fletchling... But it was for a good cause.

ramyeon

Start breeding Kangaskhan expecting a lot of difficulty since it's a one gender mon...

First egg hatched has 6 perfect IVs. Lol.

Does anyone have a 3 - 5 IV Ditto I could borrow (pref something like 31/x/31/31/x/x) for breeding Rotom? I'll give leftovers to anyone who wants one

Does anyone have a spare Staryu/Starmie to give out? I don't really care about anything like IVs or whatever.

I only have a bunch of synchronizers since that's where I am in breeding right now (pfft), but I guess that's something to offer.

If you haven't gotten one already, I have a couple that I don't mind giving away. Send me a PM, though.

WonderPup

Does anyone have a 3 - 5 IV Ditto I could borrow (pref something like 31/x/31/31/x/x) for breeding Rotom? I'll give leftovers to anyone who wants one

Are you starting from scratch? If so, I can trade you a 3 or 4 IV Rotom to help speed it along.

EDIT: The Rotom I can give you is 31/31/31/31/x/31 and Modest. I can also give it a nickname if you like.

Are you starting from scratch? If so, I can trade you a 3 or 4 IV Rotom to help speed it along.

EDIT: The Rotom I can give you is 31/31/31/31/x/31 and Modest. I can also give it a nickname if you like.

No, I'm not starting from scratch, I have a Modest Rotom with 31/31/x/31/31/x/ I believe or some combination of 4 IVs like that

Andrefpvs

Okay, I WASN'T expecting a purple-eyed Gothorita to appear out of nowhere and constantly stare at me.

BYlcHEcIQAA45km.jpg:medium

First shiny in Pokémon X! And it looks so cool!

ramyeon

Do you think I could grab one of those? Thinking of breeding one to see what all the fuss is about :)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Caught a shiny Dwebble in Safari. Was aiming for a Pupitar. Next time...

Got a nice lil story for yall ...

Decided to MM a Shiny Litleo so after hatching 2 boxs of non-shiny Pumpkaboo I take their last egg and pop in the Pyrours to breed.

Decided to start chaining Pandas ... but before I could even get one to show up I realized that "damn, I got this egg with me ... and I hear that egg hatching breaks chains".

So I decided to run around my Pyrour FS well watching Comicbookgirl 19 until it hatches. I have spent hours there with NOTHING to show for it so I didn't expect anything but why not try, right?

Ran around for a hour and decided to do one last swing before leaving ...

And this popped up!

Happy and excited!!!
... But ... I WANTED A FEMALE!!! D:

Top Bottom