• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

DaBoss

Sucker Punch is stupid in Doubles. It should only work if someone is going to attack the Pokemon that is using the move. Why does it work if I'm not attacking the Pokemon that is going to use it?

Well, forget I even said this. It only works if the target is going to attack, that makes more sense lol.

Serrato

I tried my Bug Team on Pokemon Showdown. I get owned so much by the always OU team that I encounter. Seems the ''Can't have fun Guys'' are everwhere. lol.

QP3

So I have quite a few Adamnat Tyrunts with the Egg moves Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, and Ice Fang. Most only have 1-2 IVs as I got my 4 IV one very quickly. PM me if you'd like one!

I think I've found my counter to Harvest Trevenant, and its one of my favourite pokes... haha...

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Why would you do this to me... I thought we were buds... T-T

What are the recommendations for Harvest Trevenant? I've got one lying around and I don't want to waste it but I'm not the best at this. What should I be looking at in terms on IVs and EV spread?
I use my Trevenant as more of a bulky Pokémon, and I went for max IVs on everything besides Sp.A. Here's what the rest of it looks like:

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Harvest
Careful
252 Sp.D / 130 HP / 126 Atk
Will-O-Wisp
Rest
Horn Leech
Shadow Claw

I may modify my EV spread sometime soon, but it's working really well as of right now.

WonderPup

How do egg moves work this generation when in the daycare?

In past generations, if you put a level pokemon in the daycare to breed and rode around long enough, the egg moves would stop being passed along to babies as the pokemon in the daycare leveled up. Is this the case still? Do you still need to pay attention to that and pull pokemon from the daycare periodically to reshuffle moves around?

I'm only asking, because I read something on here a couple of days ago where someone said the egg moves to be passed aren't removed until you pull that parent from the daycare. I didn't observe this to be true last night while breeding.

Anyone?

In past generations, if you put a level pokemon in the daycare to breed and rode around long enough, the egg moves would stop being passed along to babies as the pokemon in the daycare leveled up. Is this the case still? Do you still need to pay attention to that and pull pokemon from the daycare periodically to reshuffle moves around?

I'm only asking, because I read something on here a couple of days ago where someone said the egg moves to be passed aren't removed until you pull that parent from the daycare. I didn't observe this to be true last night while breeding.

Anyone?
Yeah, you still have to keep an eye on that. The Move Relearner can get it back if you wait too long though.

TWILT

Banned
Anyone here using a Magician Delphox? Thinking about trying one out. Seems incredibly gimmicky yet fun at the same time...

macklelol

Anyone?

That part about egg moves passing down and aren't removed (well, moves will be replaced, but egg moves will still pass down) until you pull the parent out is true, but only if the mother or father is the same species as the child and already have the egg move learned.

Anyone?
Bolded is correct. Also move relearner remembers egg moves now.
Edit: Did not know about the caveat...I swear I was getting Baton pass onto Scyther when Volbeat and Scyther had forgotten it...
So is has anybody else tried breeding for synchronizers of every nature? I did a bout of ralts breeding last night and got 15 or so of the natures with synchronize so far. Maybe we could help eachother get the natures we don't have.
I don't see the point in all the natures as -speed is only useful for trick room teams (so situational) and I can never think why you would want -def or -SpD (maybe mixed sweeper but those are not in fashion now) and how many neutral natures do you need.

But its like Unown letters, you don't need the entire Alphabet but its fun to collect...

L.O.R.D

after mass breeding of charmander ( 3 full box ) i decide to wonder trade them all
i want a squrtile , but no one at GTS have a good trade
all them want Yveltal and the other one , even if i filter the legendries i still see Zapdos , moltris and other pokemon
they even want the starters from gen 2-3-4-5
i hate the GTS, i spent about 2 hours searching for some decent trade
i hope Game Freak delete their pokemon

after mass breeding of charmander ( 3 full box ) i decide to wonder trade them all
all them want Yveltal and the other one , even if i filter the legendries i still see Zapdos , moltris and other pokemon

The GTS is full of idiots. Anybody here should be able to get you a Squirtle easily.

But can they get me a Hidden Ability Fletchling/ Fletchinder?
That is a request. I am looking for one.

Rezek

Neo Member
Would anybody be willing to temp trade (as in trade back immediately) an Articuno, Zapdos, and/or Yveltal? They're the only three Pokemon I can't get on my Pokedex. I am so close to getting an Oval Charm. :s

Pachimari

You know if you evolve it the name changes to whatever language your game is set to? Since Japanese names bother you that much, it's something you can probably look forward to if you want to keep it.

Oh thanks, I'll keep it then, cause I'll probably evolve it anyway.

PBalfredo

If you go to the options button in the GTS search screen, you can set it to ignore people asking for special pokemon, so that will filter out everyone asking for Yveltal in exchange for a Fletchling. I'm sure if you deposit your charmander asking for a squrtle, your trade will be fulfilled in no time.

Wazzy

Banned
What is the HA anyways? I think I got a couple of Dratinis from wonder trade that have it

Yeah I got one extra, you can have it.
You still got my FC on the PM's right? It is on my profile too.

That would be great! I think you've confused me with the other poster, though. I'll add you and my FC is in my profile too.

I just need to see if I can find some decent wifi at my work otherwise I'll have to wait a couple hours :p

Tenck

Oh thanks, I'll keep it then, cause I'll probably evolve it anyway.

I'll give you a free one if you want too. I'm in no need of my Eevee. Its got an IV spread of 31/x/x/31/31/31

Eevee probably my least favorite pokemon. It's got an English name too.

PBalfredo

The idea of having an all Eevee team with Baton Pass all over is amusing, I guess I evolved the ones I have too soon... You can't use the Move Relearner to learn Eevee moves as an evolved Eevee, can you? Then again, they don't all get stat increasing moves, so maybe they don't all need it.

I like the idea of a Baton Pass Eevee squad too. But if Eevee learns Baton Pass at level 33 and Vaporeon gets Water Ring at level 25, how do I get a Vaporeon that can Baton Pass Water Ring? Anyone know?

Anteo

That would be great! I think you've confused me with the other poster, though. I'll add you and my FC is in my profile too.

I just need to see if I can find some decent wifi at my work otherwise I'll have to wait a couple hours :p

Oh yeah, I was busy doing stuff so I didnt pay atention to the usernames. Add me whenever you are ready to trade.

I like the idea of a Baton Pass Eevee squad too. But if Eevee learns Baton Pass at level 33 and Vaporeon gets Water Ring at level 25, how do I get a Vaporeon that can Baton Pass Water Ring? Anyone know?
Evolve Eeevee after learning Baton Pass and move relearn Aqua Ring.

McNum

I do! But it'll cost you a Heart Scale.

Just go to the Move Relearner for all your "I evolved too late" Vaporeon needs.

OceanBlue

I wish Move Relearner taught moves from previous evolutions. I'm too scared to take Baton Pass off of my Eevee evolutions. What if I need it?!

McNum

Ah. I didn't realize the Move Relearner would work for moves the pokemon didn't actually learn at one time. Thanks.
It can even teach moves that your Pokémon never actually learns at times. Like take an Aegislash there. It never learns King's Shield by level, but the Relearner has it available. Or a Gardevior who can learn Wish.

The Move Relearner is an odd thing in this game.

So many speed boost venipedes to wonder trade away.... yesterday's trade partners gave much more legitimate stuff in return than these people.

L.O.R.D

If you go to the options button in the GTS search screen, you can set it to ignore people asking for special pokemon, so that will filter out everyone asking for Yveltal in exchange for a Fletchling. I'm sure if you deposit your charmander asking for a squrtle, your trade will be fulfilled in no time.

i did that
but that didn't filer Zapdos and motrles

macklelol

MY SUFFERING HAS ENDED
ilL6xuy.jpg

Morokh

So many speed boost venipedes to wonder trade away.... yesterday's trade partners gave much more legitimate stuff in return than these people.

you don't happen to have one of those left by any chance ? :p

got a few adamant gale wings fletchlings, immunity gligars, wish/curse evees, and bold Klefkis with 4-5 IV's if you're interested in one of those.

Top Bottom