• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
zWSDMOF.gif

dawww

Would you folks suggest an Adamant or Jolly nature for Slaking? I'm not sure whether to give him the extra bit of Attack or Speed (I'm using Life Orb as my item).

Also, what should his fourth move be? So far, I've got Return/Earfquake/Pursuit. I'm considering using Slack Off to heal back the damage caused by Life Orb, although Fire Blast (OHKOs Scizor and Ferrothorn), Rock Slide (screw you, Talonflame) and Night Slash (crits for days) also look enticing.

Anyone have any input on this? I want to make sure before I start breeding Slakoth.

Ryne

Finding a new ditto safari is harder than I thought.

Anyone here have a ditto safari? I'm already looking at the safari reddit, and gamefaqs.

Merry Christmas Pokemon-GAF!

Looking at Samurott's TM list, it still doesn't get to learn Earthquake. What the hell, Game Freak? It's heavier than Chesnaught! WHY?

I've also got a question. I decided to give up on trying to get 6 IVs and settled for this outstanding Oshawott who raised my hopes up and crashed 'em.

31/31/31/31/31/x

Since Samurott has 70 speed, it isn't really that important to get a high speed number right? I mean it's so well rounded that it's kind of hard to find a stat to just let go of.

Only Unown (and about 50 legendaries) left for me. I'm breeding and putting things onto GTS to finish the Kalos Dex for the certificate...when I finish there, I'll wonder trade...

Oh, so that's what that symbol means on the Slakoth I got. Thanks!
The purple smiley face is Pokerus cured. I think that is what you are thinking of. What I was thinking of was when on GTS you select a letter and scroll down the list I saw a Pokeball symbol under Castform instead of the pentagon. It is now a Pentagon though.

I'm guessing it is since I bred it (it was a Gen III Castform). On the Pokemon itself the space where the pentagon is blank and it "seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region."

Ryne

Only Unown (and about 50 legendaries) left for me. I'm breeding and putting things onto GTS to finish the Kalos Dex for the certificate...when I finish there, I'll wonder trade...

The purple smiley face is Pokerus cured. I think that is what you are thinking of. What I was thinking of was when on GTS you select a letter and scroll down the list I saw a Pokeball symbol under Castform instead of the pentagon. It is now a Pentagon though.

I'm guessing it is since I bred it (it was a Gen III Castform). On the Pokemon itself the space where the pentagon is blank and it "seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Hoenn region."

Oh, I know about the purple pokerus smiley. I have the same pokeball symbol after getting a slakoth:

m0uanla.jpg

Edit: Also got the same symbol with the Darumaka I traded for

Sigmaah

What exactly does one have to give in order to get a 5-6 IV ditto? I would love to cut my breeding time in half

You probs gotta offer some nice mons for it or something, people will ask for ridic stuff for it. With cloning around, I have no idea why ppl aren't cloning them and just sending them out...

fuck man, I need to somehow get a 5v female Japanese piplup and a reg 5v male piplup with agility or vice versa.... Looks like I won't be getting a shiny piplup for a long time...

You probs gotta offer some nice mons for it or something, people will ask for ridic stuff for it. With cloning around, I have no idea why ppl aren't cloning them and just sending them out...

fuck man, I need to somehow get a 5v female Japanese piplup and a reg 5v male piplup with agility or vice versa.... Looks like I won't be getting a shiny piplup for a long time...

What cloning is going on? I've been breeding Eevee's again it's a fucking pain. I thought I was set with my 5 IV Eevee and correct nature but didn't realize that of course it didn't carry the Hidden Ability. Such a pain in the ass.

Sigmaah

What cloning is going on? I've been breeding Eevee's again it's a fucking pain. I thought I was set with my 5 IV Eevee and correct nature but didn't realize that of course it didn't carry the Hidden Ability. Such a pain in the ass.

If you have 2 3ds's you can clone pokemon by trading then exiting the trade at the right time, hard to do but if you get the timing right, you can be a clone master! I should try to become one cause ppl on GFaqs will give you ANYTHING if you clone for them. Shit's insane lol.

If you have 2 3ds's you can clone pokemon by trading then exiting the trade at the right time, hard to do but if you get the timing right, you can be a clone master! I should try to become one cause ppl on GFaqs will give you ANYTHING if you clone for them. Shit's insane lol.

Oooh, I see. Is there a tutorial video? I have two 3DS with two games so I could easy do it if I knew how.

Sigmaah

Oooh, I see. Is there a tutorial video? I have two 3DS with two games so I could easy do it if I knew how.

I think you can find some on YouTube, I'd give you the specifics myself but I'm not sure either, there's some tricks to it, like who has to trade first, which ds to turn off first, etc. I couldn't find a video that explained all this in full detail a little while ago but I'll try to find a vid now lol.

Perfect tutorial right here:
http://youtu.be/AMTR6bq3A9E

BOUTA CLONE LET'S GET IT.

PS_GUY

Still firmly believe the following should have been re-classified to Fairy type:

Cresselia: Pink, uses powers from the moon...

Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf: just look at them

Audino: pink, fits with other fairy looking Pokemon

Milotic: we need more stronger Pokemon!

Chansey line: still on the fence because if it was fairy, it'll be a powerhouse...

L.O.R.D

!

So are you doing Wonder Trade, and they are just giving those away? I've never traded with anyone overseas or through WT, so I am confused. lol

no, i hot them from GTS
i am alot of 4 IV pokemon ( scyther + Genger + and some dragon pokemon )
put them in day care and level them up to 90+
2-5 hours and they trad it

i filled this box 3 weeks ago
recently , getting Zapdos , Articuno and moltris is very hard , maybe 1-2 day till i get one

Kinokou

Well, Dragon is good against Dragon, so just make sure yours are faster? Haban Berry could work as well.

Adaptability Dragalge isn't obtainable yet :(

I would suggest Multiscale Dragonite to counter enemy dragons. Just predict a dragon-type move and let Dragonite tank the hit (or predict a switch and get at least one Dragon Dance in), have Weakness Policy activate, and then proceed to wreck their draconic shit with Extremespeed if you didn't set up or something super-effective.

Thanks for the suggestions! If anyone else has mono dragon team tips I would love to hear. Especially regarding support moves.

Holy shiiiiet I just received a perfect 6 iv rashiram with pokerus from the gts

Doesn't something like that almost have to be hacked?

Also does anyone have any 4 or 5 IV female Eevee's with Hidden Ability? I think I've bred about 100 Eevee's in the past two hours and have only got two females out of all of it. So frustrating.

Panzon

What you put up? Damn son nice!

Just scored me a 5v piplup with Yawn and Agility! It's FUCKING BREEDING TIME!!!
I put up a thundurus. I'm willing to trade Rashiram a2ay for a 5-6 IV Ditto though. I dont care too much about the legendaries.

I already cloned them

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks for the suggestions! If anyone else has mono dragon team tips I would love to hear. Especially regarding support moves.

Altaria has a nice staple of support moves available. Including stuff like power swap, astonish, perish song, mist, haze and safeguard. There's also Could Nine, his hidden ability, which negates the effects of weather. He also gets some fairy moves.

Sigmaah

I put up a thundurus. I'm willing to trade Rashiram a2ay for a 5-6 IV Ditto though. I dont care too much about the legendaries.

I already cloned them

Haha nice, got an extra thunderous or cloned reshiram you'd like to give to a homie? I can try to give you something back like shiny 4v abra?

YOOOOOOO!!! My first piplup I hatch with my 5v male and 3v female comes out to be 5v FEMALE. WHAT FUCKING LUCK HOLY SHIT.

I'm happy haha.

KiraFA37

Are wonderbank pokemon starting to show up on wondertrade more or is it still rather limited? I got a Tyrogue a few hours ago and was hoping to trade away some adaptability Eevee's for some more non-Kalos-natives. Or should I rather wait a couple days till it becomes more widespread available?

Top Bottom