• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

Using a combination of 1, 2, and 3, you could've either run out Sucker Punch or bait me into using a different move and KO Mega Mawile.
Mind games!

This is why Protect is essential.

USA USA USA
Speaking of mindgames, I used Surf when Greninja was against your Pikachu, thinking you'd switch to half-HP Mawile, but you stood your ground. I still KO'd Pikachu that turn, so the gamble paid off, albeit unexpectedly. Of course, we then went through two rounds of Ice Greninja vs. Flamethrower Goodra, and you won that standoff. Without Assault Vest, I would've been KO'd in one turn!

Another mindgame moment: I think you switched to Jumpluff against Blaziken because you thought I'd Earthquake Pikachu instead of Stone Edge?

ramyeon

You didn't know about what a level 1 Aron could do? It is pretty deadly. :p
I haven't played Pokemon since DP so nope. Never played online before this gen either.

Almost my entire team got swept by him! Then when I took him out with my last pokemon the trainer flicked his wifi switch. Seriously, fuck battle spot.

Neiteio

lUIHFju.png
Aaaaaaaaannnd right-click SAVED

DedValve

Banned
So anyone up for a battle? I restarted the game so I'm on the 8th gym so I'm using an in game team which means no perfect ivs so I'd rather stay way from that until post battle.

1134-7217-0996

edit: also I'm playing in Spanish which means any poke I catch will be in Spanish. I'm thinking of going hunting for dittos natures and would appreciate trading my Spanish dittos for any other ditto of the same nature for Masuda method.

Neiteio

Using a combination of 1, 2, and 3, you could've either run out Sucker Punch or bait me into using a different move and KO Mega Mawile.
Mind games!

This is why Protect is essential.

USA USA USA
Protect is essential? Who knows. Stone Edge OHKO'd your Jumpluff. If I hadn't done that, maybe you would've Spored my entire team. Same fate!

ramyeon

lol

So what was his strategy?
Sturdy so it survives at 1hp, Endeavour puts me at 1hp too and shell bell heals him every turn :/

Just had an awesome battle holy crap. Mind games and switching aplenty and I make a crazy comeback with my last pokemon at 1hp. So good. And no disconnects so I have video!

R8FW-WWWW-WWW2-LLZW

Neiteio

Sturdy so it survives at 1hp, Endeavour puts me at 1hp too and shell bell heals him every turn :/

Just had an awesome battle holy crap. Mind games and switching aplenty and I make a crazy comeback with my last pokemon at 1hp. So good. And no disconnects so I have video!

R8FW-WWWW-WWW2-LLZW
IS MY BABY IN THIS VIDEO?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GGs beats. I could not crack that volcarona at all. If only I had my gallade. Stupid 2X bug weakness for nearly all of my team. :p

Neiteio

R8FW-WWWW-WWW2-LLZW
That Scolipede maneuver at the start was brilliant!

Wow, Mega Aerodactyl looks way cooler in motion than I thought he did in stills.

What the hell, so much Dragon Dancing and then Salamence just switched out. Unless he was trying to waste your Sucker Punches.

That's crazy Mega Kang did so much damage with Return against a Rock-type. :O

AND WOW AT THAT COMEBACK :OOO

R8FW-WWWW-WWW2-LLZW
Your Kangaskhan inherited my Dusk Ball! :)
Why did you go for Sucker Punch? You were already faster than the Salamence because of the Baton Passed Speed Boost.

This is crazy. Shame the guy was such a bad loser and quit on me when I fainted it. Guess he expects to win every battle by using a broken pokemon :/
The Pokémon itself isn't broken though. It's a powerful strategy, but can be stopped rather easily by quite a few Pokémon. And when it does fail, the person using it is at quite a disadvantage.

DaBoss

This is crazy. Shame the guy was such a bad loser and quit on me when I fainted it. Guess he expects to win every battle by using a broken pokemon :/
Well the counter to that would be having a Pokemon immune to Sandstorm and a priority move on the next Pokemon.
HP and SpA?

Meowstic is really outclassed as a Prankster. Such a great ability, but it's hard to make it work for him.
I'm using it for doubles, where it shines as a Prankster Pokemon.

ramyeon

That Scolipede maneuver at the start was brilliant!

Wow, Mega Aerodactyl looks way cooler in motion than I thought he did in stills.

What the hell, so much Dragon Dancing and then Salamence just switched out. Unless he was trying to waste your Sucker Punches.

That's crazy Mega Kang did so much damage with Return against a Rock-type. :O

AND WOW AT THAT COMEBACK :OOO
Yeah I think he was trying just that, like Hypno said I should have just gone Return or Power Up and I would've cleaned up quickly. But it's worth it for that Scolipede finisher, so good haha. He probably thought he had it in the bag too!

Scolipede and Kanga are a match made in heaven. That attack and speed boost, he's worth it for that alone.
Your Kangaskhan inherited my Dusk Ball! :)
Why did you go for Sucker Punch? You already faster than the Salamence because of the Baton Passed Speed Boost.
Yep! I hatched a 6IV on my first egg from the khan! :D and yeah I should've gone for something else, dunno why I kept doing that :/

Fury Sense

That's awesome. I was just thinking about earlier how a pokemon designed not to take any hits would benefit from low HP because leech seed would be able to heal up enough for the next substitute.

Yeah I think he was trying just that, like Hypno said I should have just gone Return or Power Up and I would've cleaned up quickly. But it's worth it for that Scolipede finisher, so good haha. He probably thought he had it in the bag too!

Scolipede and Kanga are a match made in heaven. That attack and speed boost, he's worth it for that alone.

Yep! I hatched a 6IV on my first egg from the khan! :D and yeah I should've gone for something else, dunno why I kept doing that :/
What?! Both you and Quest1 got a "perfect" IV Kangaskhan on your 1st batch while I suffered for a couple hours more. :(
He probably switched out his Salamence to drop your MegaKan's Attack another stage

ramyeon

What?! Both you and Quest1 got a "perfect" IV Kangaskhan on your 1st batch while I suffered for a couple hours more. :(
He probably switched out his Salamence to drop your MegaKan's Attack another stage
Breeding huh, it's such a mixed bag haha. I got real lucky with Kanga this morning and haven't had any luck since :(

That makes sense, I'm happy with how it played out since the Scolipede comeback makes it much more epic really haha.

DaBoss

Yea, Sucker Punch needs to be N-E-R-F-E-D. And Mega Kangaskhan is ridiculous in terms of strength. I don't know what the hell GF were smoking when doing that.

In that case I'd probably go full bulk and leave its SpA alone.

Yea, I was thinking that from the start, this just confirms it. Thanks.

Beats

GGs beats. I could not crack that volcarona at all. If only I had my gallade. Stupid 2X bug weakness for nearly all of my team. :p

Good games. Yeah, that bug weakness for most of your team was fatal. >.<
The trick room setup is interesting though. Makes me want to make a team for it. Also, I forgot about the effects of Magic Guard, so I was confused for a bit when Toxic and Wrap weren't doing any damage to Reuniclus.

MicH

U-Turn that Malamar! LOVE IT

Also peeps bringing out them ground types to handle Jolteon getting a Spec'd HP Ice in return

I'm not sure what to put as my last move on Carbink. I have Reflect, Light Screen, and Stealth Rock already set, but I don't know whether to go with Explosion or Power Gem. I can mess up some 4x Pokémon if I go with Power Gem, but then I can't suicide for an even battle with my next Pokémon...

Hmmm. While IV breeding is much easier this generation, I now find myself wanting certain Pokemon to have 0 speed IVs. Mostly for Trick Room purposes.

I've got a feeling that Prankster Meowstick would make a good Trick Room setter. He's fast at like 108 base speed, but Prankster gives him priority even in Trick Room. He can learn Thunder Wave, Toxic and Yawn via breeding. Unfortunately, Prankster doesn't make Trick Room go first, but oh well.

I feel like I'll be breeding a lot before I get an ideal IV spread that includes no speed. Thankfully there's the Power Anklet, but that Destiny Knot will build some Pokemiles.

Neiteio

I'm not sure what to put as my last move on Carbink. I have Reflect, Light Screen, and Stealth Rock already set, but I don't know whether to go with Explosion or Power Gem. I can mess up some 4x Pokémon if I go with Power Gem, but then I can't suicide for an even battle with my next Pokémon...
You'll be thankful for Power Gem when no Talonflame or Volcarona on Earth is able to stop you.

Atlantis

Is there a Hidden Power breeding guide somewhere? All my Rotom are ghost or dragon but I want ice...

I am legit about to give up. uwu

It's been a long time since I've done it, but it basically boiled down to having 30 (sometimes lower) in certain IVs depending on which type you wanted. There are calculators for this online.

IIRC Ice was 30 IVs in Speed, but there might be a better option for it now with the base power being locked at 60.

Neiteio

I'm four for five with rated battles against the Japanese tonight. #America #winning

I freeze a Zapdos in this video, lol:

9P7G-WWWW-WWW2-LMML

I didn't even know Zapdos was allowed under Flat Rules. o_O

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good games. Yeah, that bug weakness for most of your team was fatal. >.<
The trick room setup is interesting though. Makes me want to make a team for it. Also, I forgot about the effects of Magic Guard, so I was confused for a bit when Toxic and Wrap weren't doing any damage to Reuniclus.

Trick room is fun. Turns all those hyper speed focus teams on their heads.

Top Bottom