• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

Yeah, but you killed your Reflect/Light Screen time.
Ah, that is true.

My Carbink gets surly sometimes and starts flinging stones, what can I say

ramyeon said:
A tip is to lead with something that has Compound Eyes, it ups the rate of pokemon holding items by 50%.
tumblr_inline_mu0becJlVz1rjgdwl.png

...?

From Pokémon Emerald onwards, if a Pokémon with Cute Charm is first in the party, the chance of encountering a Pokémon of the opposite gender is 66.7%, regardless of gender ratios.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? This changes everything.

Yuuuup, it's a must for any Pokemon that doesn't look gender neutral ...

Thats why I never step into a Fairy FS without my Male Cute Charmer J Puff! I can handle my Fox being male but Mawile and Gard are a MUST for female! IDK why GF only does that with certain Pokemon.

CrimsonN0

Thats why I never step into a Fairy FS without my Male Cute Charmer J Puff! I can handle my Fox being male but Mawile and Gard are a MUST for female! IDK why GF only does that with certain Pokemon.

I've mostly used it to get female eevees and starters.

Atlantis

This will make catching a female Eevee much easier for my in-game squad. Gotta run back and snatch up a Skitty though.

Hulud

2nd FS SHINY!!!

Why my Shiny Fox Witch have to be male?!?! D:

I wasn't even trying to get it! If I were I would have used a cute charmer :/

OH WELL! GOTCHA NOW Kreayshawn!

THIS is why I don't even bother with shinies. If I spent all day breeding/searching for one and finally got it and saw it was wrong gender/ability/nature I'd have a conniption fit.

Exchange Friend Codes with Devo, go in his Friend Safari, use Pokémon with Thief to OHKO Golurks until you snatch a Light Clay (make sure your Thief isn't holding anything first, or it won't work), and... PROFIT

A tip is to lead with something that has Compound Eyes, it ups the rate of pokemon holding items by 50%.

Also don't forget keeping a Pokemon with Compound Eyes at the front of your team as you do this!
Thanks for the advice guys!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My all bug team is around 50/50 win/loss.
For me, it depends entirely on how many fire attacks the enemy has.

The problem for me right now is that battle spot players love using uber-tier megas like kangaskhan and mawile and abusing sucker punch, which is pretty much death to any psychic user.

Neiteio

My two replays I mentioned earlier, Neiteio:

Me freezing Goodra in the rain: B9DW-WWWW-WWW2-E3RA
Electrode hitting a raw Thunder to end the match: 4DCG-WWWW-WWW2-F85Q
Why did Aggron use Iron Tail instead of Earthquake against Electrode? He probably thought you were going to switch.

AND AWWW YEAH SON LUDICOLO FREEZING GOODRA

Onto the second video...

Electrode taunts Gourgeist and stops Trick Room! :O

Nice dodging the Earthquake with Dragonite, and striking back with Rain Dance-boosted Waterfall!

And 100% accurate Hurricane in the rain, holy shiiiiiit!

What's the ability on your Ludicolo, Prof. Beef?

What is up with your Greninja toasty? Can't make a dent in it.

Kiss my butt Sucker Punch :p

dat disable

I dunno how my Greninja survived so long. I swapped to dark because I knew a sucker punch was coming. Other than that *shrug*

Gonna save up for an Assault Vest for him at some point

CrimsonN0

The problem for me right now is that battle spot players love using uber-tier megas like kangaskhan and mawile and abusing sucker punch, which is pretty much death to any psychic user.

Hmm, thats true.
On my red colored team, my Bisharp managed to 1HKO a MegaMewtwoY with Sucker Punch after sweeping his other two pokemon.
HZEW-WWWW-WWW2-LZU7

ramyeon

Kiss my butt Sucker Punch :p

dat disable

I dunno how my Greninja survived so long. I swapped to dark because I knew a sucker punch was coming. Other than that *shrug*

Gonna save up for an Assault Vest for him at some point
Crazy, my moves weren't doing anything against him at all D: sucks that Scolipede couldn't set up, wasn't expecting you to lead with Sandstorm Tyranitar TT

explodet

Dang, random Eevee's traded to me got me to a 4/6 31-IV one, but not in the stat I want most (SpDef).

Maybe I ain't cut out for this breeding thing.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Dang, random Eevee's traded to me got me to a 4/6 31-IV one, but not in the stat I want most (SpDef).

Maybe I ain't cut out for this breeding thing.
Put it with a Ditto and wait for a SpDef Eevee to pop out? Hopefully it isn't a female you're after.

Crazy, my moves weren't doing anything against him at all D: sucks that Scolipede couldn't set up, wasn't expecting you to lead with Sandstorm Tyranitar TT

I've got him set up to go nuts till he gets killed. Still need a choice item to get that going properly though. I lol'd when Sandstream ate your Focus Sash XD

Just remembered that my Greninja survived your flamethrower because it was raining

Neiteio

Just forfeit a match against a Japanese Klefki user. I hope he knows I'm keen to his bullshit because he saw a Klefki on my team, as well!

ramyeon

I've got him set up to go nuts till he gets killed. Still need a choice item to get that going properly though. I lol'd when Sandstream ate your Focus Sash XD

Just remembered that my Greninja survived your flamethrower because it was raining
Yeah that was really bad timing on the Rain... Ended as soon as you fainted Goodra :( haha.

Yeah...Klefki can burn. I still don't know how to deal with it. Swagkey ruins everything.

I personally run Infiltrator Chandelure with Choice Scarf and Energy Ball / Heat Wave / Shadow Ball / Trick. Infilure destroys Klefki and Trevenant because of the super-effective sub bypass.

If you're looking for a less specialized option, Mega Scizor and Malamar can also do okay against it.

What's the ability on your Ludicolo, Prof. Beef?

Swift Swim, naturally. Those battles were before I slapped a Life Orb on Ludicolo, so he's a bit buffer now. He's fast enough to outspeed everything short of a Choice Scarf Max Speed Noivern (which I found out the hard way).

spiritfox

Would Scald or Water Pulse be better on a Clawitzer? 10 less BP and 20% confuse for a 30% chance to burn... Which is better, burn or confusion?

I just tried taunting a Magic Bounce user. :-\

Also got para-flinch-locked by Togekiss.

Mean Japan is now out to play.

Counter by running Assault Vest Heat Wave Counter Togekiss.

Nobody expects Togekiss to tank those kinds of hits and then melt down your walls.

Ralts42

Neo Member
Just forfeit a match against a Japanese Klefki user. I hope he knows I'm keen to his bullshit because he saw a Klefki on my team, as well!

So i just caught a shiny Pidgey from your friend safari! First shiny I have found in this game too.

ramyeon

Anyone have reject Fletchling with 4 IVs Adamant nature and Gale Wings? Preferably female. I can trade 4IV Beldum, Nidoran, Honedge, Marill (Bellydrum+Aqua Jet), Larvesta, Scyther, Froakie or Carbink for one.

Anyone have reject Fletchling with 4 IVs Adamant nature and Gale Wings? Preferably female. I can trade 4IV Beldum, Nidoran, Honedge, Marill (Bellydrum+Aqua Jet), Larvesta, Scyther, Froakie or Carbink for one.

I do, I'll take a Beldum for it. Don't know about the gender though, I'll check.

Top Bottom