• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

FSLink

Banned
gamefreak should add something to the trade
when i encounter random people online and they ask me to trade , most of them don't wanna talk
ok..what you want ?
they should add an icon to show what pokemon they want to make the trade operation easier
and assign different words like "NO", Yes","thank you"...etc
What's hilarious is that Gen V games had this basic functionality with emoticons. Gamefreak smh.

Holy cow breeding for Hidden Abilities is annoying. Only one of the last batch even had the HA, and of course it managed to not inheriet a single IV. (I've got 3 on one, the other 2 on the other parent.)
And both parents have the HA, you'd think that'd give me some favors. :/

SeZMehK

Holy cow breeding for Hidden Abilities is annoying. Only one of the last batch even had the HA, and of course it managed to not inheriet a single IV. (I've got 3 on one, the other 2 on the other parent.)
And both parents have the HA, you'd think that'd give me some favors. :/

Funny thing, when I was breeding a speed boost torchic, I used a male and female torchic with the HA. I didn't get that many eggs with the HA. However, when I did it with a male torchic with speed boost and a ditto, omg speed boost torchic was aplenty... >.< rarely any blazes

Was wondering if anyone could suggest an Espeon build since people keep talking about it. :p Got a Timid one with HA and Wish, courtesy of Cytezan. Thanks!

Funny thing, when I was breeding a speed boost torchic, I used a male and female torchic with the HA. I didn't get that many eggs with the HA. However, when I did it with a male torchic with speed boost and a ditto, omg speed boost torchic was aplenty... >.< rarely any blazes

Maybe I should just do that then... But then I won't have babies pouring out of the daycare near as fast...

Fury Sense

How do you hatch eggs faster besides Flame Body?
Use Magma Armor as an alternative and Hatch lv 3.
Additionally, you can choose to hatch eggs with fewer cycles required to hatch (each cycle 255 steps).
Code:
    Dragon       Magikarp     6
    Water 2      Magikarp     6
    Bug          Caterpie     11
    Flying       Togetic      11
    Fairy        Marill       11
    Human-Like   Croagunk     11
    Field        Pachirisu    11
    Water 1      Marill       11
    Mineral      Geodude      16
    Grass        Lotad        16
    Monster      Bulbasaur    21
    Water 3      Tentacool    21
    Amorphous    Grimer       21
    Ditto        Ditto        21
This is particularly useful for the eggsploit method. It's also good if you want to breed two pokemon of the same egg group - using one of these can speed up the early part of the process and save time with the second and all subsequent mons from that egg group.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, someone is giving out dragons like crazy today. Wonder trading netted me a goomy, druddigon, dratini and noibat.

Neiteio

Someone just challenged me to my first 6v6 match, wound up beating me with Sucker Punch. No way to counter that when you're done to a few guys who can't take anymore hits. :O

Neiteio

Good stuff man, thought I was done.
Don't you have Protect on Blaziken?
Wait, that was someone from GAF?!?

What'd you think of my Carbink? :)

EDIT: No Protect on Blaziken, how would that have helped at the end?

My Stone Edge proved useful in its place and one-shot your Jumpluff!

But I had no recourse at the end. ;_;

Busaiku

Wait, that was someone from GAF?!?

What'd you think of my Carbink? :)

If you had Speed, you might've beaten Mawile!
Speed does matter!

Protect is essential for Mega Blaziken so you get the 1st Speed Boost.
It might not have helped in that situation, but you could play mind games/run out Sucker Punch with it.

Neiteio

It might not have helped in that situation, but you could play mind games/run out Sucker Punch with it.
I mind-gamed your Jumpluff and Pikachu switches (but to be fair, Pikachu mind-gamed me twice beforehand).

I should've knew you were going to do that with Goodra, it was a running joke in the last thread! (Flamethrower predict against Ice Greninja)

What were you going to try to do with Mincinno? And why did you keep using Flare Blitz against Carbink??

Anyone have Cacnea/Cacturne in their friend safari? It's one of my fav pokemon and I think friend safari is the only way to get one. I've got Dittos in my safari if ya need 'em.

Busaiku

What were you going to try to do with Mincinno? And why did you keep using Flare Blitz against Carbink??

Cinccino hits like a Truck.

I should've switched earlier into Flareon, the turn after you switched in Carbink, and I thought I was gonna lose cause I didn't.
If I got 3 Flame Charges in, the rest of your team would've been done.
Facade or Flare Blitz would 1 shot everything.

Neiteio

Protect is essential for Mega Blaziken so you get the 1st Speed Boost.

Nah, that was an impossible situation. Your comeback of the century backed me into a corner.

1) If I used Protect, it would fail with consecutive uses
2) If I attacked, you'd hit first with Sucker Punch
3) If I tried to make Sucker Punch miss by, say, Swords Dancing, you'd just finish me off with one of your other moves.

I knew from the moment I was down to my last three Pokémon the match was lost, lol. And I had all the momentum the first half. REVERSAL!

What country are you from? Tell me so I can pretend to be racist!

clemenx

Banned
OMG lost a Maison streak because I used Brave Bird instead of Fire Blitz against a Skarmory with my Talonfame :( Damn muscle memory.

ramyeon

Holy Mega Kangaskhan.

Lead with a Scolipede and used Swords Dance followed by Baton Pass into her. Swept his entire team with just Return... Would love to share a video but they flicked their wifi switch at the end lol.

Ok, so I'm going to try and breed a Swinub with Icicle Crash. If the Swinub is male and the Beartic is female, am I going to end up getting a Cubchoo from the egg?

Anyone know if happiness levels carry over when trading & can you get the fossils before the elite 4? Did not look for them til yesterday but wondering if I derped out and missed them entirely.

Busaiku

Nah, that was an impossible situation. Your comeback of the century backed me into a corner.

1) If I used Protect, it would fail with consecutive uses
2) If I attacked, you'd hit first with Sucker Punch
3) If I tried to make Sucker Punch miss by, say, Swords Dancing, you'd just finish me off with one of your other moves.

I knew from the moment I was down to my last three Pokémon the match was lost, lol. And I had all the momentum the first half. REVERSAL!

What country are you from? Tell me so I can pretend to be racist!

Using a combination of 1, 2, and 3, you could've either run out Sucker Punch or bait me into using a different move and KO Mega Mawile.
Mind games!

This is why Protect is essential.

USA USA USA

So apparently Sableye can learn Recover... Prankster Recover. How about that. A Japanese player used one against me just now.

But in this video of the battle, #TeamCarbink beats such a Sableye, and one who uses Taunt, for that matter!

KYDG-WWWW-WWW2-LHWA

As usual, Talonflame is doomed.

HAIL TO THE BINK BABY.jpg

lUIHFju.png

On a slightly related note, has anyone else noticed that XY (and to a lesser extent BW) have taken some of the more gimmicky gameplay concepts we've gotten in past gens and refined them into more explicit, viable roles?

For example, Carbink is basically a Shuckle with a better typing and less exaggerated base stats and as a result it's not only competitively viable, but formidable with proper setup.

Likewise, Klefki takes the old "Annoyer" concept and runs with it. To clarify, an "Annoyer" Pokemon is one that lays down as many disruptive effects / status ailments as possible before going out; preferably, one who's speedy and with the capacity to take hits. Once Gen IV and V rolled around the Annoyer role died out pretty significantly due to how many hard-hitting sweepers were coming into play, but now Klefki alone has such a solid foundation for it that it's basically carrying the class by itself.

Togekiss was also arguably an annoyer in Gen IV due to para / flinch hax with Serene Grace Air Slash and Thunder Wave, as well as STAB Tri Attack, but Gen V ended up snuffing it out due to the presence of so many physically bulky attackers. Gen VI has basically given it a saving throw in the form of a retyping, and it's now one of the definitive OU Fairies.

Greninja is a really similar setup to Starmie, but with potential for physical moves (and priority ones!), dropping the Rapid Spin potential in favor of Spikes and a gimmick that rewards prediction far more significantly in the form of Protean.

Hell, you could even argue that Malamar is fucking over the competition in a way that hasn't really existed since Gen III - by being a slow, ridiculously bulky sweeper with an unconventional typing and an unpredictable game plan to most players. Known to some as a "defensive pivot," Malamar can be thrown into the match around halfway through the battle completely vanilla (that is, no boosts passed to it) with proper prediction and slowly but surely drill its way through the enemy's remaining team thanks to Contrary and Superpower - if Sticky Web is out, Malamar even gets a speed boost right off the bat thanks to the switch-in. Cloyster, Metagross, Milotic and Swampert all had similar roles in the ADV metagame, even if Cloyster was more of a utility at the time.

Top Bottom