• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Thanks Metroidvania!

Also do people not like Froakie or something? I've gotten three Froakies through Wonder Trade and now this

They're breeding rejects, most likely.

The one I gave you has the hidden ability Protean, which can be pretty useful for setting up unlikely STAB attacks...but it only has 3 perfect ivs.

It also has like 9 levels from me forgetting to turn off exp share before I tried to spread the pokerus among the party, lol.

but currently everybody is all about the past gen starters until that fad passes.

Is that actually a thing right now? I didn't see any good trades for tepigs, snivys, or what have you. I did see some Chimchar askings, I guess.

CrimsonN0

Yeah, because Golurk is so big I always think he has way more defense than he actually does.
I wansn't expecting Sucker Punch to OHKO him either.

OceanBlue

Had to trade away my Froslass for a Cranidos :(. I could always breed another one but it kinda sucks trading away a Pokemon I was using for battles.

Now that I think about it, I should've just asked people here for a Treeko since everyone is breeding starters. Dammit lol.

DaBoss

This is gonna be my last game. If we can't get 4 people, I'll just go to bed.
I forgot Coat had 1 HP.
I thought we were done.
lol, I remembered that and knew that I could rely on Rock Blast to finish the job against Dragonite. Though I should have Bullet Punch'd it just to be safe.

Never played a pokemon game before. I have a friend who has played every single one, and my other friends son is playing this. So I decided to pick it up, especially since all the reviews say this is the best pokemon game made. I'm about 2 or 3 hours in and all I am thinking about is what did I get myself into? There are so many menus and so many other things to think about other than battling pokemon. Should I just try my best to casually play through it one time and see how it goes? Then go back through trying to figure out how to do the extra training, the breeding etc...?? I am 30 and this game seems ridiculously complicated.

I am having fun with it, just feel like I am missing alot of things while I progress.

Muku

Never played a pokemon game before. I have a friend who has played every single one, and my other friends son is playing this. So I decided to pick it up, especially since all the reviews say this is the best pokemon game made. I'm about 2 or 3 hours in and all I am thinking about is what did I get myself into? There are so many menus and so many other things to think about other than battling pokemon. Should I just try my best to casually play through it one time and see how it goes? Then go back through trying to figure out how to do the extra training, the breeding etc...?? I am 30 and this game seems ridiculously complicated.

I am having fun with it, just feel like I am missing alot of things while I progress.

The menus can be a bit overbearing, since something is always open on the bottom. Over time it gets easier though. I'd say stick it out. I don't really worry about EV training until I'm setting up a team to battle other folks. (And even if you mess up if you get a reset bag you can rework a Pokemon's EVs.) I always go through a game before I even worry about any of the other details. Mainly because there can be so much to do it can be overwhelming.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Just do the story, the breeding and extra training stuff is for the post-game multiplayer.

Busaiku

Seriously, I can't play you anymore Crimson.
This game just absolutely hates me whenever we play.

7 turn Freeze.
Confusion hits me.
Rock Blast misses when I lower your accuracy by 40%, but you still hit me.
4 turns I miss Tail Slap.

This is ridiculous.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Fucking sweet, thanks for the Mudkip man. Definitely going to be breeding that guy to try and get a competitive Swampert.

Its so hard to decide what I want my team to be. I'm just going to be using it with mildly competitive friends, so I'm not planning on making it completely min-maxed, but I'm currently thinking something like

Swampert
Chandelure
Gardevoir
Aegislash
Pangoro
Dragonite

but I really don't know what I'll settle on

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone got Unown, Stantler or Bouffalant? These are the last pokemon I need to finish my dex outside of Legendaries. I can breed pretty much any other Stage 1 in return.

one_kill

Anyone got Unown, Stantler or Bouffalant? These are the last pokemon I need to finish my dex outside of Legendaries. I can breed pretty much any other Stage 1 in return.
Give me about 10 minutes enzo, I'll breed you a Stantler and Bouffalant.
I'll PM you when I'm ready

Top Bottom