• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

SeZMehK

DAMMIT!!!! I saw a Latias on the GTS. The person was asking for an Ampharous male and lv 91+. I had one that was level 70. When I leveled it up to 92 with rare candies and went back to go get it, it was gone!!! I was so close to getting it! >.<

one_kill

I bred a 6IV Modest Download Porygon!!!

I have the following to distribute:

six 5IV Modest Trace Porygon
six 4IV Modest Trace Porygon
three 4IV Modest Download Porygon

Anybody want one?

If anyone could share a spare Lansat/Starf berry or if there are breeding reject ExtremeSpeed Dratini, Iron Fist Chimchar, Cottonee, Koffing, Feebas or anything else still being given away, I'd love it but really I'LL TAKE ANYTHING AT ALL. Just want to share a little love.
How about a Protean Froakie? Not sure what IVs though
I'd breed you some of the Pokemon you listed, but NY celebrations are happening atm haha

Jaeger

DAMMIT!!!! I saw a Latias on the GTS. The person was asking for an Ampharous male and lv 91+. I had one that was level 70. When I leveled it up to 92 with rare candies and went back to go get it, it was gone!!! I was so close to getting it! >.<

Dang >< I know how you feel.

Jaeger

I was so damn close to getting it! Man, if I had gotten it, I would have been able to chain trade for the other legendaries... :/

I here you. I'm sitting on something now, that i'm going to use for that same purpose. Just waiting for the opportunity to let it go.

I'ma get Suicune and a few more Non-Legendaries, and then focus on my Battle Team building.

How about a Protean Froakie? Not sure what IVs though
I'd breed you some of the Pokemon you listed, but NY celebrations are happening atm haha
I think I have a 5IV Timid Protean Froakie, so anything is great. I'm in no hurry and I've got one with your name on it. Have fun in NY! I'm in Las Vegas.

FC 0860-3341-2782
3DS name: AZsapphire, IGN: Drew

From my experience when if you had one that was 91+ it might have been "already traded" by the time you offered it.

Personally I don't have the energy to snipe GTS constantly typing the non-Kalos names in hoping to see an offer I can make and making it. I saw a Kyogre go for Noivern...

spiritfox

Does anyone know how to build Golurk in Gen VI? He doesn't get Ice Punch and Drain Punch now, basically killing a lot of his viability. I guess Earthquake/Shadow Punch/Hammer Arm/???

CrimsonN0

Does anyone know how to build Golurk in Gen VI? He doesn't get Ice Punch and Drain Punch now, basically killing a lot of his viability. I guess Earthquake/Shadow Punch/Hammer Arm/???

Thats a good question.
I just slapped Fly on for the last move because its kinda funny to see him fall on people.
If things worked out it would also help me avoid attacks on the last turn of Trick Room, but thats never managed to happen.

Wichu

Does anyone have the Shiny Charm?

I want to collect some data to determine whether it still affects Masuda Method breeding as it did in BW2, but for that, I'll need a shitton of eggs hatched (on the order of tens of thousands). I'm planning to hatch a couple of thousand eggs myself, but I'll need as many people as possible to help out.

Basically, I just need to know exactly how many eggs you're hatching with the Shiny Charm and foreign parents, and how many shinies you get.

I can't accept data on eggs you've already hatched, since a) unless you were counting it's unreliable, and b) people are more likely to report how many eggs they've hatched if they've hatched shinies, skewing the results.

If anyone's Masuda Method breeding for a shiny without the Shiny Charm, that will be useful as well (just make sure to mention that).

spiritfox

Thats a good question.
I just slapped Fly on for the last move because its kinda funny to see him fall on people.
If things worked out it would also help me avoid attacks on the last turn of Trick Room, but thats never managed to happen.

Fly is pretty hilarious, though I'm not sure how reliable it is. It does help against Grass types, but the 1-turn setup means he can't really surprise Grass types with it.

Maybe Rock Slide or Stone Edge just because he can run EdgeQuake.

Ours is Jolly IIRC. And he's just selling a guide, not the actual Diito. LOL.

Wichu

I think that's because it's against the eBay ToS to sell the actual Pokémon, IIRC. I suspect the 'guide' just contains the guy's FC and a method of contacting him for the trade, or something similar.

Ultimadrago

Anybody want one?

If anyone could share a spare Lansat/Starf berry or if there are breeding reject ExtremeSpeed Dratini, Iron Fist Chimchar, Cottonee, Koffing, Feebas or anything else still being given away, I'd love it but really I'LL TAKE ANYTHING AT ALL. Just want to share a little love.

I'll give you an Extreme Speed Dratini for one of those 5 IV Trace Porygon~

2466-2466-8918

Kinokou

If you aim to EV up to survive a certain hit, how do you distribute the EVs after putting 252 in hp and a +Def nature? Should you put max 252 in def, or less say minimum 116 (112 would be 2 hits) when both investments only makes you able to take three hits from said attack?

Edit: Also, anyone have a HA Swablu?

DarFrey

Neo Member
Does anyone have the Shiny Charm?

I want to collect some data to determine whether it still affects Masuda Method breeding as it did in BW2, but for that, I'll need a shitton of eggs hatched (on the order of tens of thousands). I'm planning to hatch a couple of thousand eggs myself, but I'll need as many people as possible to help out.

Basically, I just need to know exactly how many eggs you're hatching with the Shiny Charm and foreign parents, and how many shinies you get.

I can't accept data on eggs you've already hatched, since a) unless you were counting it's unreliable, and b) people are more likely to report how many eggs they've hatched if they've hatched shinies, skewing the results.

If anyone's Masuda Method breeding for a shiny without the Shiny Charm, that will be useful as well (just make sure to mention that).
I got the shiny charm last night. I plan to begin my Masuda hunt for a shiny Ponyta (and then others) on the weekend. I can try to keep you updated on the results.

Usobuko

Banned
If you aim to EV up to survive a certain hit, how do you distribute the EVs after putting 252 in hp and a +Def nature? Should you put max 252 in def, or less say minimum 116 (112 would be 2 hits) when both investments only makes you able to take three hits from said attack?

This kind of thing is hard to say, no? You have to take into account of residue/indirect damage from things like Burn, Stealth Rock, Spike, Leech Seeds etc. Not to mention, switching in and taking a predicted hit.

I think it generally goes like this. If the Defense is lower than HP, pumps Defense. vice versa. Anyway, if it's a wall, it's likely to get full EVs into HP and the remainder in either Def / S.Def. There are some exceptions where you want to out speed common threats because of status inflicting like WoW etc. Or maybe because said Wall is bulky and can threat with its offensive moves. Of course that has to account for what kind of walls you are building for the team.

Wichu

I got the shiny charm last night. I plan to begin my Masuda hunt for a shiny Ponyta (and then others) on the weekend. I can try to keep you updated on the results.

Awesome; I'm looking forward to getting this solved! I should get back to Masudaing Fennekin...

Wichu

The best way to do it would probably be to have a bunch of people hatching Magikarp. But that would get boring pretty quick for me, I think.

With enough volunteers, yes, that would be the fastest way - problem is nobody would be willing to do it.

Since people are Masuda breeding for shinies anyway, it's best just to ask them to keep count; this approach doesn't require anyone to do something they weren't already doing :)

NEO0MJ

Can I have one with trace and one with download? I'm not sure what ability or evolution I'll use for it.
What's the best way to deal with Tail Glow Manaphy using non-legendaries? That thing wrecks havoc on so many things.

Blissey?

I guess. Tail Glow is too good.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Argh, trying to work on extra birds for people (mainly for extra Mega stones to trade), but the timing on cloning is either super inconsistent or I just suck at it. :/

Schmitty

Anybody want one?

Sent a PM

Anyone need anymore unobtainable starters?

SeZMehK

Damn, I just saw someone asking for klang on the gts and they were offering a latios... I missed that. My luck with these legendaries suck.

KiraFA37

Anybody want one?

I just acquired a Feebas through wondertrade am I'm currently breeding some if you still need one. Otherwise I also have Koffing.

DarFrey

Neo Member
Damn, I just saw someone asking for klang on the gts and they were offering a latios... I missed that. My luck with these legendaries suck.
I could send you a Rayquaza or Suicune if you want, I'll be available in about 30 minutes during my lunch break.

JoeM86

Interesting note, in Bank you can filter all Pokémon by every regional Pokédex: Kanto, Hoenn, Johto (HGSS), Sinnoh (Pt), Unova (B2W2) and the Kalos ones.

Pretty nifty :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay so this is the first time I've ever really gotten into EV training or anything. I've looked up a good guide on how to max EVs quickly using the Battle Maison items, Pokerus, and Hoardes, but once I've got the EV's maxed is there a fast way to get Pokemon to 50? or do I have to grind them up on wild battles?

KiraFA37

Okay so this is the first time I've ever really gotten into EV training or anything. I've looked up a good guide on how to max EVs quickly using the Battle Maison items, Pokerus, and Hoardes, but once I've got the EV's maxed is there a fast way to get Pokemon to 50? or do I have to grind them up on wild battles?

Refight the Elite Four or Battle Chateau.

Korosenai

Restaurant le wow. Triple battles. Exp point o power level 3.

Has there any research into updated base stats of unobtainable?

Why did I decide it was a good idea to clear out GTS of Porygon for Kricketot offers...they go back so far in the listings...

Restaurant le wow. Triple battles. Exp point o power level 3.
Most people like rotation. Triple can work with the right moves and protect. Single gives less EXP but may be quicker if you don't have to watch EXP bars go up.

As far as money goes, the balm mushrooms will get you that back.

Top Bottom