• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wow the Pokemon in this thread are crazy. I'm just breeding Wish Eevee's right now. =\

How are you getting Hidden Ability Pokemon? Hordes and Friend Safari? Entrainment lead? My Sylveon has Skill Swap so I could do that I guess.

KiraFA37

Wow the Pokemon in this thread are crazy. I'm just breeding Wish Eevee's right now. =\

How are you getting Hidden Ability Pokemon? Hordes and Friend Safari? Entrainment lead? My Sylveon has Skill Swap so I could do that I guess.

I'm mostly getting them through wondertrades since I haven't finished the game yet. According to my profile I've done 545 trades already, 99% of them wondertrades.

Kingruler999

Neo Member
Hello, I'm up for trading with people if they'd like too. If anyone would like a HA Charmelon, or Delphox I have those. I also have a Keldeo. Thanks.

How does pokerus work exactly? I just got a pokemon with it, and infected my pokemon with pokerus.

Lucky. All of my Pokemon with pokerus are in my Gen IV games. >_>

Anything infected with it gets double EV growth. It can spread to your active party, or an entire PC box if you leave it there.

How does pokerus work exactly? I just got a pokemon with it, and infected my pokemon with pokerus.

When you battle (and gain EXP), Pokerus may spread to Pokemon/Eggs next to the infected Pokemon. Pokerus "expires" if an infected Pokemon is in your party at midnight. If they're in a Box they are always infected.

Lucky. All of my Pokemon with pokerus are in my Gen IV games. >_>

Anything infected with it gets double EV growth. It can spread to your active party, or an entire PC box if you leave it there.

I can trade you one with pokerus.

When you battle (and gain EXP), Pokerus may spread to Pokemon/Eggs next to the infected Pokemon. Pokerus "expires" if an infected Pokemon is in your party at midnight. If they're in a Box they are always infected.

But thanks for the answers guys! :) I hit the jackpot, right? :3

Kingruler999

Neo Member
No I don't have either if those. If you haven't traded it to someone else by the time bank comes out I might have some legends though.

I will most likely have it traded by then, but thanks for the interest. I'm looking for a Meloetta, if any one has one for trade plz message me.

Firestorm

You don't need to gain exp. Just enter a battle. You can run away immediately and it can still spread.
Pokerus cannot spread in the PC box. PC just freezes the timer on Pokerus so the Pokemon stays contagious.

Of course I don't mind. ^^ Just let me get everything prepared.

Thanks. Just let me know whenever you're ready. I don't have much to offer in return, though.

You don't need to gain exp. Just enter a battle. You can run away immediately and it can still spread.Pokerus cannot spread in the PC box. PC just freezes the timer on Pokerus so the Pokemon stays contagious.

Ah, guess I just remembered wrong.

Thanks. Just let me know whenever you're ready. I don't have much to offer in return, though.

If you have any pokemon I don't have, it'd be pretty great. If not, then it's fine. But I will be getting on soon!

FC: 2595-1487-1556

-Surkit
-Carvanha
-Medicham
-Vibrava
-Sneasel
-Cryogonal
-Banette

Korosenai

Hey Scrafty, do you have any hustle Nidorans left? Id rather have one of those right now for Inkay, and I can trade you for a Slakoth later.

Also, I have 3 5v ES HA Dratinis I can trade right now for anyone who wants one.

Holmes

Here's why Infernape is a great late-game sweeper:

XCUW-WWWW-WWW4-5YRT

Made some mistakes (accidentally leading with Infernape, wasting Mega Gengar), but totally didn't expect Ampharos to survive Azumarill's Play Rough like a boss. Damn.

You don't need to gain exp. Just enter a battle. You can run away immediately and it can still spread.Pokerus cannot spread in the PC box. PC just freezes the timer on Pokerus so the Pokemon stays contagious.

My bad. I was thinking about Maison/Institute battles where you don't gain EXP.

I don't have much, but if anyone wants the following:
-Dragon Dance Larvitar (Adamant I believe)
-Stealth Rock Larvitar (Jolly or Adamant)
-Head Smash and Stealth Rock Aron
-Yawn and Curse Eevee (Bold?)
-Wish Eevee

Let me know. I'll be on tonight. FC 1719-3995-1081

Looking for basically anything.

Actually, something just came up for me. I might not be able to trade right now.

Sorry for troubling you!

This person. Lol.

It's alright, well I have it ready for whenever you need it. ^^

I don't have much, but if anyone wants the following:

-Head Smash and Stealth Rock Aron

Let me know. I'll be on tonight. FC 1719-3995-1081

Looking for basically anything.

Mind if I take Aron off your hands?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
EV's don't get "wasted" right? Like, if I max out HP EV's but then knock out a few more pokemon that give HP then those extra, useless points don't count towards my 252 cap right?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The cap is 255. After that they're not counted in that stat. So if you were going for 252/252/4 you'd be missing 3 from one if you accidentally went over in one of the 252. But it's only a one point difference so it doesn't really matter that much.

Though I was trying out super training and I think it might cap it at 252 if you ev train that way.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The cap is 255. After that they're not counted in that stat. So if you were going for 252/252/4 you'd be missing 3 from one if you accidentally went over in one of the 252. But it's only a one point difference so it doesn't really matter that much

Hm, okay, thanks. Although a friend of mine said that in X and Y they finally lowered it to 252 from 255

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The cap is 255. After that they're not counted in that stat. So if you were going for 252/252/4 you'd be missing 3 from one if you accidentally went over in one of the 252. But it's only a one point difference so it doesn't really matter that much

They fixed the cap in X/Y. It's 252 now, so it rounds off evenly, save for the last 6 points.

EVs are hard capped at 252 now, so you can't really waste them now.

Actually, it makes me wonder what happens if you were to transfer a Pokemon which you wasted EVs on from a previous gen game.

Jaeger

Looking for;

Donphan
Skarmony
Steelix
Drowzee
Clefairy
Voltorb
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Magmar
Dratini
Mareep
Banette

Ho-Oh
Deoxys (Non-Shiny) - I'll trade my Shiny ver. for one

Sorry for the list. lol

Usobuko

Banned
Does anyone else want a Pokemon? Ive got:

5v adamant ha Swinubs with icicle crash and stealth rocks
5v impish immunity gligars
5v jolly moxie scraggys with some egg moves
5v adamant inkays
5v bold feebas wih some egg moves
5v modest rotoms
5v jolly ha chimchars with thunder punch

Possible to spare a Swinubs, Inkays and Chimchar?

The only 5IV I have left is Sableye with Recover. I can offer 4IV Mold Breaker Pinsir, Scrappy Kangaskhan, Bold HA Bulbasaur with Giga Drain or Adamant Fletchings.

So I wrapped up the game a few days ago, and got the national Pokedex...will it actually be possible to collect all 700-whatever once the Pokebank goes live?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Looking for;

Donphan
Skarmony
Steelix
Drowzee
Clefairy
Voltorb
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Magmar
Dratini
Mareep
Banette

Ho-Oh
Deoxys (Non-Shiny) - I'll trade my Shiny ver. for one

Sorry for the list. lol

If you're on now and don't care about IVs, I can get you a random Friend Safari Chansey and a random Kangha and Skarmory from WT'ing.

Do you by chance have any trade with _X_ equipped pokemon I could snag for my dex? I know I still need Dusknoir and Porygon 2/Z.

I can get you everything except Steelix, Donphan, and Magmar after I do some breeding, but I'm heading out for New Years soon.

edit: If you care about IVs, just PM me, and I can at least get you a few of 'em.

Top Bottom