• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

JoeM86

What is with the critical capture in this game? Feels like it fails a lot more often than in previous gens. I have ~511 in my Pokedex, too.

Runs the same as before.

Critical Capture doesn't guarantee captures but halves the amount of capture calculations to make it more likely.

So, instead of 4 calculations before it accepts the capture, you only have two.

CrimsonN0

This is crazy.

I've spent at least 2 hours trying for a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Totodile.

I've already got a 31/31/31/31/31/xx one and I a 6IV Ditto.

Why won't these numbers work?

one_kill

So after half an hour of trying to get a shiny Kyurem, I finally got it!

The person who was depositing them to the GTS was asking for some random Pokemon.

Adrian121

Just got a Charmander nicknamed "Happynewyear" through Wonder Trade, and it has Pokerus. Awesome. I still haven't got Pokerus yet so this will definitely be useful.

Which Vivillon are considered rare?
Looking at this map and assuming it is correct I'd say Savana, Sandstorm and Archipelago. There are a fair number of Brazilian players and I have wonder traded with one or two in the middle east...

Edit: I know I said I wouldn't get into this...but Shiny Latios get for a Slurpuff...now do I keep it or do I keep trading and get the pointless shiny charm...
Edit: A quick glance the only thing I which can get for the Latios is a Regice which can then get me...Regice...(I'm not putting the Latios up as I'm trying to ditch other things via GTS and trying to get the rarity that is a female Togepi in a luxury ball)
Edit: Received a Smeargle called 2014 via wonder trade...it has happy hour!
Edit: Really RNG, hatched 4 female fennekin in a row.

Muku

Looking at this map and assuming it is correct I'd say Savana, Sandstorm and Archipelago. There are a fair number of Brazilian players and I have wonder traded with one or two in the middle east...

Edit: Received a Smeargle called 2014 via wonder trade...it has happy hour!

Ooh thank you, much larger map.

Happy Hour.. isn't that on the Inkay being given out at Pokemon Center at the moment?

Runs the same as before.

Critical Capture doesn't guarantee captures but halves the amount of capture calculations to make it more likely.

So, instead of 4 calculations before it accepts the capture, you only have two.

isn't it only one check for critical capture

Happy Hour.. isn't that on the Inkay being given out at Pokemon Center at the moment?
It is. The trader was Japanese so they much have sketched it. But how they did it without gaining EXP...

Unless the breeding trick of both parents having same move=children have same move works here (speaking of which won't that work for Pokebank mons or do the children have to be able to get the move). I could try to get an opposite gender smeargle and breed them I suppose.

As for the Latios I have:
Latios - #381 (Timid) : 18 / 6 / 14 / 31 / 16 - 17 / 31
Possible Hidden Power Types: Bug, Ice
If it is cloned or hacked it is intentionally flawed...should I hope for HP Bug or Ice? It does seem to be from Johto so I'm guessing was the roaming one there, I thought it was only DPT with known RNG (shiny+timid+31/31+possible HP seems like enough RNG for one person).

Wichu

It is. The trader was Japanese so they much have sketched it. But how they did it without gaining EXP...

Unless the breeding trick of both parents having same move=children have same move works here (speaking of which won't that work for Pokebank mons or do the children have to be able to get the move). I could try to get an opposite gender smeargle and breed them I suppose.

If it is cloned or hacked it is intentionally flawed...should I hope for HP Bug or Ice? It does seem to be from Johto so I'm guessing was the roaming one there, I thought it was only DPT with known RNG (shiny+timid+31/31+possible HP seems like enough RNG for one person).

If that's legit, then it must have HP Ice (with 17 Sp. Def). If it has HP Bug, then it's hacked (check with the Hidden Power guy in Anistar City). It learns Ice Beam anyway, so HP Ice is useless.
The RNG for all games before X/Y is known (although impossible to abuse without an emulator in the case of FireRed/LeafGreen).

Scrafty, breed some hustle nidorans. Theyre in hot demand right now lol.

Please. C:

Sweet, someone just traded me a Reshiram for almost nothing on the GTS

That's two PokeBank legendaries so far using my new tactic. Hopefully I'll get a third!

Edit: Does anyone want a shiny Skrelp? Just caught another and I only wanted one : Looking for another shiny

You are so damn lucky! Also, I could give a shiny Spoink? :p

Could possibly be the roaming Latios from Soul Silver. Maybe they just got lucky.

If that's legit, then it must have HP Ice (with 17 Sp. Def). If it has HP Bug, then it's hacked (check with the Hidden Power guy in Anistar City). It learns Ice Beam anyway, so HP Ice is useless.
The RNG for all games before X/Y is known (although impossible to abuse without an emulator in the case of FireRed/LeafGreen).
Its Ice. Come to think of it if the HP was manipulated the IVs would be much higher as it has like 46 power under the old regime.

Wichu

Its Ice. Come to think of it if the HP was manipulated the IVs would be much higher as it has like 46 power under the old regime.

IMO it was probably RNGed for shininess and nature, and a decent (if imperfect) set of IVs. Remember that in 4th gen the IV spreads you could get as shiny depended on your trainer ID, so very few people could get perfect shinies.

IMO it was probably RNGed for shininess and nature, and a decent (if imperfect) set of IVs. Remember that in 4th gen the IV spreads you could get as shiny depended on your trainer ID, so very few people could get perfect shinies.

surely you could do a lot better if you dropped the shiny part though

Boy do these Kricketot offers multiply...I had cleared the lot from Porygon yesterday. Already they're as far back as page 5 (also some people looking for up-grades were too which makes me sad) which means Porygon has a lot of offers sent to it.

surely you could do a lot better if you dropped the shiny part though
Yes but it is roughly Pearl Mystic Turquoise rather than boring blue...

That said, given how Soul Dew is a banned item in the Maison (the only one too) I have a feeling that there is a Lati@s event planned in the future which makes me wonder if those will follow the undiscovered egg group rule* (otherwise they would silently dropped like gems might have been).

*-Speaking of which does Pokebank Celebi do this?

DaBoss

iuu1u95.png
AnYyn5d.png
BNKCK5f.png
BNKCK5f.png
UOYwP8O.png
2N7WXzM.png
72Iwizb.png
cJHJSHU.png
UOYwP8O.png
72Iwizb.png
AnYyn5d.png
djJVYAC.png
RyRDjeV.png

--------------------------

There will definitely be a Lati@s event for X/Y.

So I've been thinking about what the best places are for Horde EV training. It would have to be the ones that give the highest EV yield along with the most amount of EXP considering that it is assumed that the Pokemon being EV trained are lvl 1 Pokemon.

Boy do these Kricketot offers multiply...I had cleared the lot from Porygon yesterday. Already they're as far back as page 5 (also some people looking for up-grades were too which makes me sad) which means Porygon has a lot of offers sent to it.

Yes but it is roughly Pearl Mystic Turquoise rather than boring blue...

That said, given how Soul Dew is a banned item in the Maison (the only one too) I have a feeling that there is a Lati@s event planned in the future which makes me wonder if those will follow the undiscovered egg group rule* (otherwise they would silently dropped like gems might have been).

*-Speaking of which does Pokebank Celebi do this?

hmm how does 4th gen RNG work anyway?

also I'm a rebel, brb using Latias instead

Touchdown

Banned
So I got this game as a gift for christmas and was browsing this thread and I feel like I'm in waaaay over my head. :/ The last pokemon I've played was pokemon gold.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Jaeger, whenever you're on, lemme know. I think I have most of the 'mon in question you mentioned.

also I'm a rebel, brb using Latias instead

I always liked Latias better for some reason, even though using one with the better defensive setup with their range of stats seemed a bit silly.

Also managed to snag a second 3ds, so I can give this cloning thing another go once I get something actually worth a damn.

So I got this game as a gift for christmas and was browsing this thread and I feel like I'm in waaaay over my head. :/ The last pokemon I've played was pokemon gold.

For now, just enjoy the base game, it's gotten pretty easy with the new experience share and other stuff.

Just as an FYI, you'll get one of the three original starters (red/blue) later on, so unless you want to overlap, pick a different type from Kalos

Do not let the breeding crazies get to you, this gen is the easiest Pokémon to get into.

Can anyone confirm Prism Scale respawning at Couriway? My girl says otherwise.

DaBoss

Best tip: do not read this thread's posts lol. You do not have to do anything that most of us here are talking about. Just play the game, ask questions if you need some answered, post your progress/impressions, and etc.

Most of us in the thread are done the game completely and are just making Pokemon battle ready at a competitive level.

Can anyone confirm Prism Scale respawning at Couriway? My girl says otherwise.
If it is the only one in the game, I have 3 of them. I'll keep an eye out for it (together, we can crash the Milotic market...)

I do remember when I had an occasion when the Lotto insisted I had already done it for that day for a couple of days. IIRC it was after I changed the clock...

txag2005

Banned

I feel the same way, except Pokemon Y is my first Pokemon game ever, so I might even feel more lost than you. It's why I've been avoiding starting this game for 2 months now.

Metroidvania

Thanks, Jaeger.

I forgot to breed my Tyrogue, and I seem to have misplaced my Electrode, but I'll work on the former for ya, at least.

I got a Timid Protean Froakie via Wonder Trade (with 4 perfect IV's) so I've been breeding them with a Ditto.

If anyone wants a Timid male Protean Froakie (IV's are all over the place though) let me know.

1719-3995-1081

Metroidvania

Appreciate that, sir. ;)

I have the Hitmonlee, whenever you're back on just initiate trade.

Is Baltoy the new Elgyem for trading, then?

Also, I can't find the couriway prism scale, though I have 4 on hand. I'm pretty sure I picked one up way back when going through the main story, then another two days ago, though, so I dunno.

Korosenai

Breeding for an hp ice Rotom and I have no idea what im doing. Good news though is that I have two spare perfect spread Rotoms and a bunch of other 5vs.

MicH

Breeding for an hp ice Rotom and I have no idea what im doing. Good news though is that I have two spare perfect spread Rotoms and a bunch of other 5vs.
Breeding for HP is just the worst. Thank god I got a got a good Jolteon and Rotom already (not perfect though). Can't wait to get back to this game once Bank releases

JoeM86

isn't it only one check for critical capture

Not quite. It has one shake check, but still has the preliminary one.

Normal capture is

Original Check
Check after Shake 1
Check after Shake 2
Check after Shake 3 -> Capture

Critical capture is

Original Check
Check after Shake 1 -> Capture

Top Bottom