• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

one_kill

Just got a 5IV shiny HA Chimchar with Thunder Punch and a shiny Eevee

Also got another Kyurem which I traded for a Dialga, as well as a Reshiram which I traded for a shiny Latias.

I've run out of legendaries to trade so I need to get new ones. I could wait for PokeBank, but I'm having more fun trying to get them on the GTS :D

I finally completed the pokedex. Now I Gotta put together a living pokedex now. Lol.
Congrats SeZMehK!

Not quite. It has one shake check, but still has the preliminary one.

Normal capture is

Original Check
Check after Shake 1
Check after Shake 2
Check after Shake 3 -> Capture

Critical capture is

Original Check
Check after Shake 1 -> Capture

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

in particular:
Bulbapedia said:
Critical captures make one shake check instead of three, thus it has a higher probability of catching the Pokémon compared to a normal throw -- for example, throwing an ordinary Poké Ball at a full-health Pokémon with a catch rate of 3 (such as Kyurem) normally has only a 0.4% (1 in 255) chance of actually catching the Pokémon, but if a critical capture occurs, the chance of catching the Pokémon is a much-higher 25.03% (1 in 4).

1/4 is the 4th root of 1/255, if what you said was correct it'd be 1/16 for a CC instead (....although it should be 1/64 with a normal capture since gen 5 only has 3 shake checks and not 4, but w/e)
besides, an original check hasn't even existed since gen 2

Korosenai

Breeding for HP is just the worst. Thank god I got a got a good Jolteon and Rotom already (not perfect though). Can't wait to get back to this game once Bank releases
Yes it does, but I think I finally just did it.

Just got a HP ice Rotom with 31/15-19/31/31/31/26-30. I think ill probably just keep it. I dont think its stats can get much better than that.

Yes it does, but I think I finally just did it.

Just got a HP ice Rotom with 31/15-19/31/31/31/26-30. I think ill probably just keep it. I dont think its stats can get much better than that.

1. wait for Pokebank
2. transfer over existing HP Ice Pokemon
3. breed them
4. win

SeZMehK

Just got a 5IV shiny HA Chimchar with Thunder Punch and a shiny Eevee

Also got another Kyurem which I traded for a Dialga, as well as a Reshiram which I traded for a shiny Latias.

I've run out of legendaries to trade so I need to get new ones. I could wait for PokeBank, but I'm having more fun trying to get them on the GTS :D

Congrats SeZMehK!

You completed the pokedex?? D:

Welcome to the Shiny Charm club!

Still Masuda Methoding a Whimsicott... I'm dying on the inside but it's okay!

Thanks. Has there been any news regarding the pokebank?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Round and Round Lumiose we go.

When to stop for Swoobat, nobody knows.

aka fuuuuuck non-luxury ball friendship raising.

Has there been any news regarding the pokebank?

Only the 'we still have no idea when it's coming' update from NoA's twitter, It think.

Congrats, btw.

I just stick a Soothe Bell on a Poke, get one massage, and then level it during the daily Rival battle and it evolves right after (at least that's how it was for my Umbreon/Espeon).

L.O.R.D

anyone have Genesect or any legendary ?
i got shiny Latios ( i guess its cloned , because when i showed some one this pokemon he show me the same Latios with the same level too )
he got me , celebi , shiny kyurem and many more

one_kill

anyone have Genesect or any legendary ?
i got shiny Latios ( i guess its cloned , because when i showed some one this pokemon he show me the same Latios with the same level too )
he got me , celebi , shiny kyurem and many more
What else did you get dude?

And yeah the shiny Latios is cloned (level 100 right?) and so is the shiny Kyurem.

L.O.R.D

What else did you get dude?

And yeah the shiny Latios is cloned (level 100 right?) and so is the shiny Kyurem.

he have Mew
he put a message "mew 4 trade" , so , i guessed he cloned it and he give it for free
every time i show him a pokemon he send me a Slakoth named "not interested"
they showed updated the trade functionality and include a keyboard to ask for a pokemon

the shiny latios is 47 or 49

one_kill

he have Mew
he put a message "mew 4 trade" , so , i guessed he cloned it and he give it for free
every time i show him a pokemon he send me a Slakoth named "not interested"
they showed updated the trade functionality and include a keyboard to ask for a pokemon

the shiny latios is 47 or 49
Oh man! I saw that dude on my passersby list

Firestorm

1. wait for Pokebank
2. transfer over existing HP Ice Pokemon
3. breed them
4. win
This was what I was going to do and why I wanted Pokebank. Got fed up with waiting and asked on Twitter for someone to help. As soon as someone from Japan responded I found out my friend had HP Ice Rotoms -.-;

Cool, thanks.

Well, I bred a modest hp ice Rotom, but apparently modest isn't that good right now and bold is the way to go...

???
when did this happen

edit: Japanese dudes running scarf Greninja? seems interesting, would be fun to get the jump on scarf Rotoms thinking they're gonna be cool and go first

Cool, thanks.

Well, I bred a modest hp ice Rotom, but apparently modest isn't that good right now and bold is the way to go...
Nah, man. Bold is for ChestoRest Rotom.

Modest is what you want for HP Ice Rotom. Slap on Assault Vest if you want.

Enjoy him. He is fun.

Usobuko

Banned
When you are on GTS, what does the Pokemon Ball icon besides your pokemon signifies? Most of the time, it has the Kalo dex icon instead, even for Pokebank pokemon like Chimchar.

When you are on GTS, what does the Pokemon Ball icon besides your pokemon signifies? Most of the time, it has the Kalo dex icon instead, even for Pokebank pokemon like Chimchar.
I believe that means that the Pokémon you obtained was caught/bred out of Kalos.

When the Kalos dex icon appears that means it was bred/caught in Kalos.

Also notice the Kalos symbol appears in the GTS window by the Pokemon nickname on the top screen. That is how you tell on GTS if you are trading for a Kalos or non-Kalos Pokemon.

I feel the same way, except Pokemon Y is my first Pokemon game ever, so I might even feel more lost than you. It's why I've been avoiding starting this game for 2 months now.
Look at it like this, the game is simple enough for kids to play. There will be things beneath the surface that you miss (and so do most the kids). Be sure to talk to NPCs, for as many flavor text there are tips too.

I just stick a Soothe Bell on a Poke, get one massage, and then level it during the daily Rival battle and it evolves right after (at least that's how it was for my Umbreon/Espeon).
If I understand correctly also being in a luxury ball* would boost the effects as would using the befriending power before you take the massage assuming the power description is not lies (both of them should increase the amount of points from all effects, I guess it is something which needs more research).

*-Which is why I'm trying to get Female Togepi with it in..my last resort of a friend safari via the GAF spreadsheet (so I can cute charm and grab my own) has currently failed, I'll get back to GTS potluck once I get a few more spare Porygon2. Unless someone has disproved hatched Pokemon benefit the same way as caught (easy enough test, take 2 hatched Eevee of same happiness but one in non-luxury, cycle round, use rare candy, if the luxury ball works one will evolve while the other can't...if both evolve, try with fewer steps)

???
when did this happen
Even if it didn't if something becomes too much of a threat in the metagame I'd imagine everyone stats up to survive the hit or something which would lead to the change. I guess going by the reply of spindashing, Rotom is just one of those monsters which can be played in many ways

Usobuko

Banned
Rotom-W is one of the pokemon that's rather reliable and has synergy with plenty of other Pokemons. Dual Screen Rotom-W, Painsplit Rotom-W, ChestoRest Rotom-W, are the common ones. Most ran Thunder Wave / WoW along side it too.

Korosenai

???
when did this happen

edit: Japanese dudes running scarf Greninja? seems interesting, would be fun to get the jump on scarf Rotoms thinking they're gonna be cool and go first

Nah, man. Bold is for ChestoRest Rotom.

Modest is what you want for HP Ice Rotom. Slap on Assault Vest if you want.

Enjoy him. He is fun.
Alright cool, ill stick with modest then. Should I max out its hp and sp atk? Or a mix of hp, sp atk, and speed?

I just have to say, i love breeding and ev training, but when I start looking at ev spreads, movesets, and different builds it just gives me a headache. Thats why im glad I have PokeGAF to ask for advice on this kind of stuff.

Alright cool, ill stick with modest then. Should I max out its hp and sp atk? Or a mix of hp, sp atk, and speed?

I just have to say, i love breeding and ev training, but when I start looking at ev spreads, movesets, and different builds it just gives me a headache. Thats why im glad I have PokeGAF to ask for advice on this kind of stuff.
A mix. This is the set that I run stolen shamelessly from smogon.

EVs: 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice

Top Bottom