• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Jaeger

Deoxys is quickly becoming one of my faves. I just keep him in Attack Forme, and just have him demolish half a team before he gets taken out, himself.

I've always had an affinity for psychic type Pokemon, though.

Caladrius

Deoxys is quickly becoming one of my faves. I just keep him in Attack Forme, and just have him demolish half a team before he gets taken out, himself.

I've always had an affinity for psychic type Pokemon, though.

He's my go-to suicide lead in Ubers.

Firestorm

So today I started EV training the team I am most likely to use for the upcoming GAF tournament and the Oregon Regional Championship. While doing so, I came across a Shiny Axew in a horde. I was going to run because ain't nobody got time for EV reducing berries, but my friend told me I could just let the Pokemon I'm training die and catch it! As this was the first shiny since Red Gyarados in GSC I had encounted in the wild, I did it.

Turned out it had 0 Attack IVs :(

So today I started EV training the team I am most likely to use for the upcoming GAF tournament and the Oregon Regional Championship. While doing so, I came across a Shiny Axew in a horde. I was going to run because ain't nobody got time for EV reducing berries, but my friend told me I could just let the Pokemon I'm training die and catch it! As this was the first shiny since Red Gyarados in GSC I had encounted in the wild, I did it.

Turned out it had 0 Attack IVs :(

:lol :lol :lol
(would be perfect if it was Modest nature too)
too bad you can't transfer shininess in breeding or transfer IVs between Pokemon

macklelol

New year off to a good start:
DvY05VH.jpg

Ryne

How the heck are you guys getting all these shiny legendaries?

I captured a shiny durant today, does that count?

WOOT found my copy of White! :D

I'll have every starter up for trade plus a bunch of other random Pokemon (with the best being Rayquaza) when Pokebank comes out.

Want to try to finish getting every legendary. Missing Raikou, all 3 regi's plus the one from gen IV, Heatran, Azelf, Shaymin, Tornadus, and one of the event Pokemon from gen V. Missing a few others on White but I think I have them on other versions.

Sigmaah

6iv Shiny Adamant iron fist Chimchar with fire punch, thunder punch, focus energy, and fake out obtained! Yay!

Holy fuck tho I got a shit load of nice stuff today, I'll post what I got later. Gotta love cloning!

I kinda want to make an Adamant Choice Band Attack Forme Deoxys just so I can Baton Pass it a Swords Dance or two and just laugh in the face of everyone with ExtremeSpeed.

TWILT

Banned
Anyone here want a Skarmory w/ Stealth Rock/Brave Bird/Whirlwind/Drill Peck? Have a handful with good IVs.

I also has Totodile with w/ IcePunch/DragonDance/AquaJet/Crunch.

Anyone here want a Skarmory w/ Stealth Rock/Brave Bird/Whirlwind/Drill Peck? Have a handful with good IVs.

Ooh, I'll take one!

Also, anyone who's interested in Timid Hustle Nidoran or Luxury Ball Scraggies: I'm givin' 'em away right now. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

OceanBlue

I also has Totodile with w/ IcePunch/DragonDance/AquaJet/Crunch.

I'd like a Skarmory! I have Growlithe, Eevee, Rotom, Snorunt, Larvitar, and Fletching. My FC is 3067-4759-4728 and my IGN is Haruka.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's because they are hacked.

I dunno about flat out hacked, unless you mean RNG'd in White and then cloned here in X/Y.

Almost done with the Coastal Kalos Dex, then it's hunting down 10 or so 'mon for the Mountain. Elgyem has been a godsend for stuff like Dusknoir and Weavile.

If anyone has a porygon 2 or Z, if I could just trade back and forth for the dex, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

TWILT

Banned
Alright, give me a sec. I'll add you all right now. My FC's 5284-2206-1177 and my ingame name is Serena.

Scrafty, I'll send you a PM and OceanBlue, I'd like a Rotom if you don't mind.

OceanBlue

Alright, give me a sec. I'll add you all right now. My FC's 5284-2206-1177 and my ingame name is Serena.

Scrafty, I'll send you a PM and OceanBlue, I'd like a Rotom if you don't mind.

Sure. It's Bold instead of Modest, but I have one more 5IV Rotom you can have.

Edit: Whoops, it's Calm. My mistake.

one_kill

Not much happened today in terms of filling up my Pokedex. I did trade my one Reshiram for a shiny Latias, but I was able to get back a Reshiram. I then got another Terrakion which I swapped for Suicune. I guess I'll work on getting Entei and Raikou now. I also got a Dialga for a spare Kyurem which I was lucky to get using a spare Xerneas.

I was also able to swap some of the shinies I got from chain fishing. I approached a random Japanese passerby and he gave me a shiny HA Thunder Punch Chimchar and a shiny Eevee.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's the same to me either way; if you're going to game the system, just flat out cheat, or does it make one feel better that they took the half-ass approach.

From a shininess/rarity perspective I agree, if only insofar in that it should be actually cool to find a Shiny, and not just RNG one.

But from a competitive standpoint...eh. It doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

Not much happened today in terms of filling up my Pokedex. I did trade my one Reshiram for a shiny Latias, but I was able to get back a Reshiram. I then got another Terrakion which I swapped for Suicune. I guess I'll work on getting Entei and Raikou now. I also got a Dialga for a spare Kyurem which I was lucky to get using a spare Xerneas.

I was also able to swap some of the shinies I got from chain fishing. I approached a random Japanese passerby and he gave me a shiny HA Thunder Punch Chimchar and a shiny Eevee.

Out of curiosity, are you cloning, or just shiny-trawling to get things rolling? I've put some shiny/rare stuff out there, but no one seems to be biting. :/

What's the best non-Mega Garchomp set to run?

I have no access to Stealth Rock, so I was thinking,

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

Top Bottom