• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

ugoo18

What do you mean? Why can you request these Pokemons?

There are some people who put up their legendaries and ask for the legendaries that can't be offered on GTS. Since they can't be offered their requests just sit there till when they pull them down.

Usobuko

Banned
There are some people who put up their legendaries and ask for the legendaries that can't be offered on GTS. Since they can't be offered their requests just sit there till when they pull them down.

I meant to ask if you know the reasons why these pokemon can't be put up or offered in GTS? Mew, Darkari, Keldeo, Jirachi etc?

ugoo18

I meant to ask if you know the reasons why these pokemon can't be put up or offered in GTS? Mew, Darkari, Keldeo, Jirachi etc?

I think it was explained some pages back but i'm not sure myself. Just says this is a special pokemon whenever you try to.

Usobuko

Banned
I think it was explained some pages back but i'm not sure myself. Just says this is a special pokemon whenever you try to.

I see. I did a check and it says Pokemon with Classic/Premier Ribbon can't be trade over GTS. These are Events Pokemons. Anyway, thanks for the information, I'm not familiar with Gen 4 / 5 stuff.

ugoo18

I see. I did a check and it says Pokemon with Classic/Premier Ribbon can't be trade over GTS. These are Events Pokemons. Anyway, thanks for the information, I'm not familiar with Gen 4 / 5 stuff.

Ahh ok, now if only Nintendo would prevent people from requesting them and give an actual explanation why instead of they are special pokemon....

SeZMehK

We don't know yet. The english text for the shiny charm implies that it only works in the wild but the Japanese description is the same as it always has been so it could be a translation error.

I hope it's just that, an error. :x

Edit: Good morning to you spinda. Ready for the snow in our area today? Lol

I really wish GTS didn't allow people to request the non gts legendaries since you can't offer them at all.
It makes me wonder what the special Pokemon filter was for exactly (yes it removes Xerneas; it would be better if it either removed all legendaries or just these event ones).

Not just that but stupid requests like level 1-10 Charizard. At the end the gen each Pokemon basically becomes a graveyard of those sorts of things. It would be better if they pulled Pokemon off GTS after 90 days. I guess it would cut down on overall offers though as you lose a load of Chespin for Mudkip made by "bob" a week after the game came out made about 50 pages back ("bob" does not appear to have played the game since).

Its like most the interfaces in the game where it feels like a different person made it.

SeZMehK

It makes me wonder what the special Pokemon filter was for exactly (yes it removes Xerneas; it would be better if it either removed all legendaries or just these event ones).

Not just that but stupid requests like level 1-10 Charizard. At the end the gen each Pokemon basically becomes a graveyard of those sorts of things. It would be better if they pulled Pokemon off GTS after 90 days. I guess it would cut down on overall offers though as you lose a load of Chespin for Mudkip made by "bob" a week after the game came out made about 50 pages back ("bob" does not appear to have played the game since).

Its like most the interfaces in the game where it feels like a different person made it.

I totally agree. Would be nice if GF had that feature implemented. :/

MicH

We don't know yet. The english text for the shiny charm implies that it only works in the wild but the Japanese description is the same as it always has been so it could be a translation error.
Thanks for this. I hope it does. Pokebank better release fucking soon :(

I hope it's just that, an error. :x

Edit: Good morning to you spinda. Ready for the snow in our area today? Lol
I hope so too.

Lol, I am ready. I don't expect to have a day off, but with the snow, it'll make for a slow work day.

Thanks for this. I hope it does. Pokebank better release fucking soon :(
In all honesty, I am fine with Pokébank never releasing. :lol I only need the event mons and I could make my old team even better in this gen now that breeding is so much more easy.

Got a shiny Kyurem lvl 100 for my Unown. Anyone interested in cloning him a bunch of times and spread him around to fellow Gaffers?

Wichu

So the Pokedex is about 3x150 Pokemon big, right? There about 450 Pokemon to catch, correct?

450 before you beat the story mode, yeah. The Friend Safari unlocked after you beat the Champion can contain Pokémon not in any of the regional Pokédexes (depending on your 3DS friends list); there are just under 600 Pokémon obtainable if you count those.

JoeM86

I do love how Genesect enters battle, in its High Speed Flight Form

02897.png

SeZMehK

I've got the following pokemon for trade, they will be wonder traded away if no one wants them. They all have from 2 to 5 IVs. They are unmarked, sorry.

18 Male Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)
1 Female Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

11 Male Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)
Female Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)

What I prefer in return are other female breeding rejects in luxury balls but I am open to anything. Just helping out. Shoot a PM with information or quote me. I will be wonder trading these away later tonight, I need the space badly. Lol.

I've got the following pokemon for trade, they will be wonder traded away if no one wants them. They all have from 2 to 5 IVs. They are unmarked, sorry.

19 Male Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)
6 Female Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

12 Male Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)
7 Female Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)

What I prefer in return are other female breeding rejects in luxury balls but I am open to anything. Just helping out. Shoot a PM with information or quote me. I will be wonder trading these away later tonight, I need the space badly. Lol.

I'll take a female Dratini!

MicH

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

12 Male Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)
7 Female Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)

Oooh, I would love one of the female Squirtles and Dratinis. I can offer some random stuff. 4 IV Adamant Beldum, some Larvitar, Bagon, Ferroseed, Inkay, various Eevee and Marills. Can't exactly remember what (been a while lol), but let me know if you're interested and I'll provide more details

Blasty

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

Can I have a Female Squirtle and a female Dratini?

I have some rejects, but they aren't in luxary balls.

fek

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

I'd like a female Dratini and Squirtle if possible. Can't check right now but I probably have these female in luxury ball: Munna (0 speed), Gible, Shellder, Mawile, Scraggy (0 speed).

SeZMehK

I'll take a female Dratini!
Sure, shoot a PM.

Oooh, I would love one of the female Squirtles and Dratinis. I can offer some random stuff. 4 IV Adamant Beldum, some Larvitar, Bagon, Ferroseed, Inkay, various Eevee and Marills. Can't exactly remember what (been a while lol), but let me know if you're interested and I'll provide more details
The 4IV adamant beldum looks nice

Can I have a Female Squirtle and a female Dratini?

I have some rejects, but they aren't in luxary balls.
Sure, shoot a PM.

I have updated the numbers for available pokemon.

Korosenai

2 Female Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

2 Female Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)

Is there anyway you could hold on to a Dratini for me until tonight? Im not home right now, but when I get home I have a pretty big trade/giveaway planned. Im sure ill have something on there you might want lol.

SeZMehK

Is there anyway you could hold on to a Dratini for me until tonight? Im not home right now, but when I get home I have a pretty big trade/giveaway planned. Im sure ill have something on there you might want lol.

Sure, I'll hold one for you.

Dammit! Now I have to rethink some of my pokemon, because I found out there isn't a move tutor so that I could give certain things for pokemon. >.< Whhy.

2 Female Modest HA Squirtle w/ Dragon Pulse & Aura Sphere (Luxury Ball)

9 Bold Sturdy Carbinks

Female Adamant HA Dratini w/ Dragon Dance, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet & Extremespeed (Luxury Ball)

Would it be okay if I got one of those Male Squirtles and a Dratini too?

Alchemy

Ugh, getting the feeling I should stop bothering with Screens. Keep getting crit through them. Weakness Policy Slowking with a Light Screen is usually a total bad ass but the crits are destroying that strategy >.<

Alchemy

Looking for some high level feedback on a Mawile build for a VGC team, is Swords Dance worth it? I'm finding it difficult to sneak these in there and am really tempted to replace it with Iron Head (current set is Fire Fang/Play Rough/Sucker Punch/Swords Dance). Hitting other Fairies for Super Effective damage is really tempting.

Most of the time I just mega and start hitting things hard, Swords Dance really only comes into play on a predicted Protect but in those cases I don't really even need the extra damage.

So conflicted.

Top Bottom