• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

backlot

Looking for some high level feedback on a Mawile build for a VGC team, is Swords Dance worth it? I'm finding it difficult to sneak these in there and am really tempted to replace it with Iron Head (current set is Fire Fang/Play Rough/Sucker Punch/Swords Dance). Hitting other Fairies for Super Effective damage is really tempting.

Most of the time I just mega and start hitting things hard, Swords Dance really only comes into play on a predicted Protect but in those cases I don't really even need the extra damage.

So conflicted.

What do you use Fire Fang for? It's such a weak move that I don't see it being worth it most of the time.

MicH

Managed to get a Cyndaquil, Koffing and Feebas off Wonder Trade and a Chimchar and Chikorita off GTS.

Also completed the Kalos dex (only the gen 6 Pokémon)

backlot

Yup, plus its very powerful coming from Mega Mawile. Even without the Swords Dance. It helps hit things like Skarmory, Klefki other Mawiles.

Let me share some damage calcs:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 116-138 (73.8 - 87.8%)
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 108-127 (68.7 - 80.8%)

In the end it will still take two hits to KO another Mawile no matter which move you use. Fire Fang falls short of KOing max Defense Klefki as well. As far as Skarmory goes you probably won't even be able to 2HKO if it has an HP recovery item. You don't see very many Skarmory in VGC though.

Jaeger

I've been incredibly sick, all day and yesterday. I'll be back on hopefully later tonight. For now, I'ma hop back in the bed :(

Firestorm

Looking for some high level feedback on a Mawile build for a VGC team, is Swords Dance worth it? I'm finding it difficult to sneak these in there and am really tempted to replace it with Iron Head (current set is Fire Fang/Play Rough/Sucker Punch/Swords Dance). Hitting other Fairies for Super Effective damage is really tempting.

Most of the time I just mega and start hitting things hard, Swords Dance really only comes into play on a predicted Protect but in those cases I don't really even need the extra damage.

So conflicted.
Protect is more useful there. I was using Protect / Iron Head / Play Rough / Sucker Punch I think because last thing I wanted was to miss with Play Rough on a KO I needed.

MicH

I think I'm gonna try MMing an Eelektross or Milotic; both some of my favorite Pokémon. Never actually trained an Eelektross before, but I've used Milotic many times.

OceanBlue

What do you use Fire Fang for? It's such a weak move that I don't see it being worth it most of the time.

Ferrothorn!
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 168-200 (92.8 - 110.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 52-62 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 99.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lol, seriously though, I never considered that. I have Fire Fang on my Mega Mawile and I never use it. I definitely would like to mess around with Taunt, Protect, or Iron Head instead.

MicH

I have caught over 50 Dittos. None have been Adamant. The last three I just caught were all Rash. God damn these Dittos hate me

Alchemy

I have caught over 50 Dittos. None have been Adamant. The last three I just caught were all Rash. God damn these Dittos hate me

My suggestion is to breed a bunch of Ralts with Synchronize, and make sure you have all the natures you want covered. Makes it so much easier catching things with the right nature.

Blasty

Does anyone have a hidden ability (Iron Fist) Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch and Fake Out?

I can offer you a Dratini w/ 4 IVs and some egg moves or something else I might have in exchange.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I've been incredibly sick, all day and yesterday. I'll be back on hopefully later tonight. For now, I'ma hop back in the bed :(

Hope you feel better man. I've got that Hitmonlee and Voltorb whenever you get back on.

Managed to complete the Kalos Dex, now it's waiting for Pokebank time while breeding and chasing down the damn Zapdos 3 or 4 more times.

At least with the dogs you could mean look trap. :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
QxCR1we.jpg

Yesssss, was so excited when the 200th was a Furisode Girl.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What kind of teams do you guys use for Super Singles?

I think I'm ill equiped ATM but I seem to get fucked pretty often, Singles are a breeze though, maybe even faster to get BP because of easier one shots.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What kind of teams do you guys use for Super Singles?

I think I'm ill equiped ATM but I seem to get fucked pretty often, Singles are a breeze though, maybe even faster to get BP because of easier one shots.

I've been working doubles but as soon as the bank opens up I'm going to bring my singles team over. Wailord opening, Garchomp and Gengar/Electrive to close. It did pretty well last gen.

L.O.R.D

man, i am getting sick and tired of this shiny breeding
i have 6 IV timied froakie with protean
and that 6 IV Japanese Ditto
i am trying for a week with no luck
i just filled 8 box ,,all of them is 5 IV froakies , some of them are 6 IV , but i have no time to check for everyone of them
i can't have more boxes ? i am on BOX 30

and about that shiny method from instacheck , i still have my shiny value , i used Raddit , but no one answered me
is there a better place to trade a shiny value ?

Alchemy

man, i am getting sick and tired of this shiny breeding
i have 6 IV timied froakie with protean
and that 6 IV Japanese Ditto
i am trying for a week with no luck
i just filled 8 box ,,all of them is 5 IV froakies , some of them are 6 IV , but i have no time to check for everyone of them
i can't have more boxes ? i am on BOX 30

and about that shiny method from instacheck , i still have my shiny value , i used Raddit , but no one answered me
is there a better place to trade a shiny value ?

Isn't Instacheck dead since the 1.2 patch?

Korosenai

The Pokemon I’m offering. All of them have 5 iv’s:

2x Adamant Contrary Inkay
8x Impish Immunity Gligar
4x Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash, Stealth Rocks
1x Adamant Gale Wings Fletchling
1x Timid Gastly
3x Jolly Iron Fist Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
5x Modest Mareep
13x Modest Rotom
2x Bold Swift Swim Feebas w/ Hypnosis, Haze, Mist, Dragon Pulse
13x Jolly Moxie Scraggy w/ Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
1x Bold Regenerator Slowpoke
3x Calm Skrelp w/ Haze, Toxic Spikes
5x Timid Synchronize Ralts
12x Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhan
2x Calm Natural Cure Chansey w/ Seismic Toss, Aromatherapy

Pokemon with perfect iv spreads:

2x Modest Mareep
2x Modest Rotom

The only thing I’m asking for in return is a 3+ iv Pokemon that you are currently breeding, or any 3+ iv spare Pokemon you have. If you don’t have that, don’t worry, you can still have anything you want on the list. For the perfect iv spread Pokemon though you’ll need a 4+ iv Pokemon. You can have more than one Pokemon from the list, it doesn't matter to me.

My friend code is 5155-3032-4812 and my trainer name is Cody. Either reply to me in this thread, or send me a pm.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The Pokemon I’m offering. All of them have 5 iv’s:

2x Adamant Contrary Inkay
8x Impish Immunity Gligar
4x Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash, Stealth Rocks
1x Adamant Gale Wings Fletchling
1x Timid Gastly
3x Jolly Iron Fist Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
5x Modest Mareep
13x Modest Rotom
2x Bold Swift Swim Feebas w/ Hypnosis, Haze, Mist, Dragon Pulse
13x Jolly Moxie Scraggy w/ Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
3x Calm Skrelp w/ Haze, Toxic Spikes
5x Timid Synchronize Ralts
12x Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhan
2x Calm Natural Cure Chansey w/ Seismic Toss, Aromatherapy

Pokemon with perfect iv spreads:

2x Modest Mareep
2x Modest Rotom

The only thing I’m asking for in return is a 3+ iv Pokemon that you are currently breeding, or any 3+ iv spare Pokemon you have. If you don’t have that, don’t worry, you can still have anything you want on the list. For the perfect iv spread Pokemon though you’ll need a 4+ iv Pokemon.

My friend code is 5155-3032-4812 and my trainer name is Cody. Either reply to me in this thread, or send me a pm.

Can I have a Chimchar?

I have a 3IV Timid Protean Froakie

FC is 2337-4617-3293

This is the most effort I've ever put into a Pokemon game. It scares me, a little. I have a Life Orb. A LIFE ORB! You have no idea how big of a step that is for me.

Also I've bred two Pokemon to relative perfection. For example, my Aggron has four perfect stats. But fuck does an Aggron need Special Attack or Speed for? It's bred for its Mega Evolution, anyways (which is a goddamn tank/paper towel depending on if it's hit with physical or special moves, respectively).

Wait, this is a lie. Because of how I started breeding, I have near perfect Elekids and Larvitars, so four (species) bred to relative perfection. Natures are everywhere... except on the Pokemon I'm actually training.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
yes , but i already know my ID and my shiny value
wait, i just noticed i also need the shiny value for froakie , oh god
does froakie have constant shiny value ?

I never got around to using it, but IIRC, each egg had an individual value, so you're unfortunately not going to get anywhere there, sorry. :/

Awesome trade/giveaway, Nub. I think I need a Ralts, but let me check on how my speed boost torchics were doing, I can't remember how far in I was before I left for work.

Also, if anyone wants an Elgyem to trade for hard to get Kalos stuff (or maybe transporter stuff too, haven't really tried that part out yet), just let me know here or in a PM. I've got 5 or 6 sitting around since I managed to trade without them for the last few 'mon I needed for the Kalos dex.

Top Bottom