• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Korosenai

Hey people if there are still HA Chimchars going around can I get one?

I have a 5 IV Timid Togepi with Nasty Plot and Super Luck (the regular attack is poop though). I also have a 5IV Adamant Scraggy with Fire Punch and Moxie.
Can I get a Togepi? I have a modest with nasty plot, but not a timid.

OceanBlue

I'll sit out so you four can play. I have other things I need to do too, so it isn't a big deal. I'll try to get in on more of these though since they seem fun!

Usobuko

Banned
How many people have not received the 6IV foreign Ditto, you can put together a list so that other distributors know about it.

SeZMehK

Could I get a Chimchar and a swift swim magikarp, please? I got 3-4IV female storm drain Shellos, Espurr, Snivy, Skorupi, Mawile, Charmander, and Bidoof.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620. In game name is also PBalfredo

Sorry, I stepped away for a bit. An espurr and shellos is good. :D

OceanBlue

Could I get a Chimchar and a swift swim magikarp, please? I got 3-4IV female storm drain Shellos, Espurr, Snivy, Skorupi, Mawile, Charmander, and Bidoof.

My FC is 0001-3764-1620. In game name is also PBalfredo

Is that a HA Espurr? Do you have any spares :O? I won't be able to trade you right now but I've been looking for one!

Oswen

I can catch you an HA Espurr

FC is 0103 9712 6861
IGN is James

May i ask for one aswell please? I've been looking for it for a while with no luck.
If possible, could it be a female caught in a Premier ball? Would help me alot in breeding my ultimate creepy psychic cat.

TWILT

Banned
:( No Pikachu action from me.

GGs guys, gotta go for now. If anyone's gonna be playing later tonight though, I might be available.

Korosenai

I can hook you up.

PM me your FC and in game name.

edit: Those legendaries look interesting, but don't jump out at me the way stuff like Deoxys or Arceus did.
Volcanion interests me because ive always wanted a fire water pokemon. I just wish it would have been a normal pokemon with that typing and not a legendary.

PBalfredo

Is that a HA Espurr? Do you have any spares :O? I won't be able to trade you right now but I've been looking for one!

Unfortunately I only have one and it's male. If my understanding is correct, I can breed it with a ditto until it gives me a female espurr with HA, then I can breed normally. I think that will be my next breeding project once I get a 6 IV ditto, then I can breed a bunch to trade to pokeGAF.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
That first one looks like it's going to be the ultimate ubers tank. Damn, look at the stats on all of them.

If what I read is right, that's sans EVs too, so add a bunch to that.

Volcanion interests me because ive always wanted a fire water pokemon. I just wish it would have been a normal pokemon with that typing and not a legendary.

Yeah, fire/Water is an interesting type. it covers a lot the other's weaknesses.

one_kill

Can someone clarify a few things for me regarding breeding and EV training?

1. If I want to pass down IVs from a Ditto, I just need to give it a Destiny Knot right?

2. When you have a Pokemon that's 5IV, the guy inside the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City would say "Outstanding..." then list which five are perfect. If he only tells you four, then does that mean a Pokemon is only 4IV?

3. Is there any way of knowing if you've maxed out a stat apart from the graph? Or do you need to keep track of how much?

Awesome, thanks! I'll be home soon so I can trade then.
Send me a PM with your FC and IGN when you're good to go.

OceanBlue

1. If I want to pass down IVs from a Ditto, I just need to give it a Destiny Knot right?

2. When you have a Pokemon that's 5IV, the guy inside the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City would say "Outstanding..." then list which five are perfect. If he only tells you four, then does that mean a Pokemon is only 4IV?

3. Is there any way of knowing if you've maxed out a stat apart from the graph? Or do you need to keep track of how much?

1. You can't ensure that the IVs passed down are from the Ditto. What the Destiny Knot does is ensure that 5IVs are chosen from either parent. Feel free to give the Ditto an Everstone if you want to pass down nature and give the Destiny Knot to the other parent.
2. The guy inside the Pokemon Center will tell you if the sum of the IVs fall within a certain range. You can have an outstanding Pokemon with no perfect IVs. If he says that certain stats can't be beat, that's how you know which stats are perfect.
3. I use Super Training. If a Pokemon has max stats in HP, you can't Super Train it in HP.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

You're going to get a combination of the Ditto and the other parent. With the destiny knot, 5 ivs are taken from the pool of both parents (instead of 3 without), and the 6th is always random.

Hence the old method of having to replace a ditto/other parent to get better odds. You're still going to have to switch parents depending on how many ivs you start with on the non-ditto parent, but it goes quicker/ your odds are better of getting more of the 31 ivs instead of the other stuff.

Yep. Outstanding is just a general rule, I'm not sure how the actual cutoff works.

If you mean EVs, when you max a stat, it won't let you train any further, or use a correlating bag.

Top Bottom