• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Usobuko

Banned
After breeding and building my party for way too long (and frankly I still have a good amount of EV training to do) I'm finally taking my battles online. First two have already been triumphant clutch victories.

KT3G-WWWW-WWW4-9DXY
Gastrodon has 4x weakness to grass, so Gourgeist should of had him dead to rights. Clutch quick claw saves the day.

MRZW-WWWW-WWW4-9DXU
Aside from Mega Lucario, this guy had all legendaries on this team, which made this win all the sweeter

Congrats, it's kinda addicting when it's down the wire. I will watch your last battle later tonight.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Okay, just had dinner. Gonna clone dittos for a bit (attempt to at least) since they seem to be hotter, then I Gotta leave for a couple hours, and try again after. Post here.

In-game name: Bernardo
FC: 2509-2219-9190

one_kill

I'm guessing there is no way to make the search for the wandering Articuno any less annoying? :l
You have to try and predict where it's going to go next. I think you only have two shots of finding it in an area before it flies off to another. So if you don't get it in your first encounter, you still have one more shot in that area.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm thinking I may be able to make use of Avalugg. He's not going to eat any special attacks, but I think I can use him as a Mega Kangaskhan counter if I equip him with a Rocky Helmet. Plus he'd help me with my trick room problem.

OceanBlue

How do you use Mega Medicham? I'd imagine that you'd use it similar to Lucario, but I'm not sure I could use Lucario correctly since it's so fragile and Medicham doesn't get Swords Dance. They just seem slow compared to other scary Pokemon like Garchomp. Should I go with Adamant or Jolly? Also, I think I'm interested in trying Mega Lucario as well lol.

Edit: I guess Mega Medicham would be a good Pokemon as any to start with Fake Out.

Quest1

Okay, gotta step out for an hour. I got Alfredo, panda, and Nub are first when I get back, then everyone who posted on this page if I have good luck.

macklelol

How do you use Mega Medicham? I'd imagine that you'd use it similar to Lucario, but I'm not sure I could use Lucario correctly since it's so fragile and Medicham doesn't get Swords Dance. They just seem slow compared to other scary Pokemon like Garchomp. Should I go with Adamant or Jolly? Also, I think I'm interested in trying Mega Lucario as well lol.

I'd imagine you would it as a wallbreaker, spamming High Jump Kick and obliterating everything with it, with Psycho Cut and some other coverage move for everything that you can't hit with High Jump Kick. I would say Jolly is the way to go.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If you manage to get an extra Latios, Quest, I think I've got the timing down, got 3 in a row.

On a related note, anyone with an extra, (or not want theirs) want to trade a Metwonite X for my Y?

TWILT

Banned
I'd greatly enjoy having one of those cloned Latias please!

I'd clone myself, but when I tried, my timing is always super bad. :V

Korosenai

Edit: I guess Mega Medicham would be a good Pokemon as any to start with Fake Out.

I'd imagine you would it as a wallbreaker, spamming High Jump Kick and obliterating everything with it, with Psycho Cut and some other coverage move for everything that you can't hit with High Jump Kick. I would say Jolly is the way to go.
Id definitely say Jolly is the way to go. You need all the speed you can get.

And speaking of Medicham, does anyone have a Meditite with psycho cut?

OceanBlue

Mm, in that case I need to rebreed this Meditite lol. A friend of mine gave it to me but it's Adamant and it doesn't have Psycho Cut. It does have Bullet Punch, Fake Out, and Quick Guard so I don't think it's too bad. I guess I'll have two Medicham to mess around with. :p

Edit: Also, I wish Flatter increased SATK by two stages. It'd be fun using it on my Slowbro and my Lilligant. :D

spiritfox

Why use Psycho Cut when it has access to Zen Headbutt? 10BP for crit chance isn't that good, plus Headbutt can cause flinch.

macklelol

Why use Psycho Cut when it has access to Zen Headbutt? 10BP for crit chance isn't that good, plus Headbutt can cause flinch.

Probably has to do with Psycho Cut having perfect accuracy unlike Zen Headbutt? And Psycho Cut doesn't make physical contact, which is nice. I guess Zen Headbutt is fine to use, if you want some more power.

You have to try and predict where it's going to go next. I think you only have two shots of finding it in an area before it flies off to another. So if you don't get it in your first encounter, you still have one more shot in that area.

when going for Moltres, it never once failed to show up within the first two encounters for me
also, a tip for that: just fly to Lumiose over and over again because it has the most routes connected to it, meaning you have the highest chance of reaching it

one_kill

I hope the next game overhauls the GTS so we get more search options. I just want a shiny Froakie, but it's so arduous scrolling through all these level 1 non shiny Froakies from people asking for legendaries.

Adrian121

I hope the next game overhauls the GTS so we get more search options. I just want a shiny Froakie, but it's so arduous scrolling through all these level 1 non shiny Froakies from people asking for legendaries.

Me too. I would like an option where you can look at what people are offering for a certain Pokemon. So if I want to trade off a Scyther for example, I could search what people are offering for a Scyther rather than just putting it on the GTS and having it limited by the fact I can only list one Pokemon that I want for it.

Muku

God yes. I was hoping this one would do it but alas. Also impossible combinations drive me crazy to scroll through.

Wish we kind of had sections for IVs as well.

MicH

Okay, just had dinner. Gonna clone dittos for a bit (attempt to at least) since they seem to be hotter, then I Gotta leave for a couple hours, and try again after. Post here.
If you can somehow clone me one those Dittos and a Latias I would be eternally grateful

GamerSoul

when going for Moltres, it never once failed to show up within the first two encounters for me
also, a tip for that: just fly to Lumiose over and over again because it has the most routes connected to it, meaning you have the highest chance of reaching it

Alright thanks guys I'm starting to get some encounters now. Lumiose is also working.

Metroidvania

Alright thanks guys I'm starting to get some encounters now. Lumiose is also working.

I think each bird has a few 'fallback points'. I know I saw my Zapdos on the pokemon day care route 6 or so out of the 10 times, the other 4 were basically flying between 3 key cities to try and get it. FYI, moving from North to South Lumiose counts as one of your 'moves', as does going through a gate (to a new area). But if you're on foot and not flying, supposedly, it's only supposed to move to adjacent routes.

Also, if anyone wants to trade an X-exclusive stone for a Y-equivalent, or trade to have me (attempt to) clone it, let me know.

I should have some extra dittos by tomorrow if Quest1 doesn't have enough.

grief

3024-5265-5661.

What's yours? I have a few dittos left I can clone if people need them. I've been away from GAF a few days.

I'm new to PokeGAF (and X and Y in general) and I'd really appreciate the Ditto if you can clone enough of them. My FC is 3969-5327-2527 and my IGN is Nick.

Thanks a lot dude!

Quest1

I think each bird has a few 'fallback points'. I know I saw my Zapdos on the pokemon day care route 6 or so out of the 10 times, the other 4 were basically flying between 3 key cities to try and get it. FYI, moving from North to South Lumiose counts as one of your 'moves', as does going through a gate (to a new area). But if you're on foot and not flying, supposedly, it's only supposed to move to adjacent routes.

Also, if anyone wants to trade an X-exclusive stone for a Y-equivalent, or trade to have me (attempt to) clone it, let me know.

I should have some extra dittos by tomorrow if Quest1 doesn't have enough.

Arright I have 4/5 dittos I gotta get to some folks and 2 latias I can trade to other cloners. Hey Metroidv, what's your FC? Mine is 3024-5265-5661

I'd like the baton pass chic if possible. Also, who was giving out deino? I'd like one if possible.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OK, how does Avalugg not get more love? Yea his SpDef sucks, but he ate a Bullet Punch from a Mega Scizor. Plus he spins, gets recover without an insane breeding chain and hits like a truck. At the very least he should be a sho-in for Trick Room teams.

GamerSoul

yea i definitely seeing it now. hopefully ill catch it before i pass out lol

Quest1

If you can somehow clone me one those Dittos and a Latias I would be eternally grateful

Mich, I have you already right? What's your in game?

Edit: all good, I'll save you one.

Also, one kill, I'm saving the latias for other cloners, and I'm kinda done with the process, but if you make me some kinda offer I can't refuse, I'll clone one just for you. I have all the common good stuff already tho

Adrian121

Thanks for the Ditto, Quest! Much appreciated.

Whoever you send that Latias over to for them to clone, I would love to get one of those too after they have cloned some.

Metroidvania

Arright I have 4/5 dittos I gotta get to some folks and 2 latias I can trade to other cloners. Hey Metroidv, what's your FC? Mine is 3024-5265-5661

I'd like the baton pass chic if possible. Also, who was giving out deino? I'd like one if possible.

3153-3730-9713.

Give me a bit to get a good one hatched, I've been waylaid by cloning other stuff for X/Y mega stone trading.

Quest1

3153-3730-9713.

Give me a bit to get a good one hatched, I've been waylaid by cloning other stuff for X/Y mega stone trading.

Apparently, we're friends already. Just lemme know when.

Edit: does anyone have any close combat intimidate Arcanine/Growlithe? I really need one. I'll part with good stuff.

LaNaranja

Hey dudes if you guys could take a look at my team and give me some feedback on my pokemon and playstyle I would appreciate it. Here is a battle I just barely one.

PCPW-WWWW-WWW4-9YAG

Frosslass should probably be replaced but I don't know with who. And I am also thinking of changing Flare Blitz to Fire Fang on Charizard.

If you still have any Dittos I would love one.

PBalfredo

Edit: does anyone have any close combat intimidate Arcanine/Growlithe? I really need one. I'll part with good stuff.

Yep, I got an Adamant Intimidate Close Combat Growlithe with 5IV in everything except HP, that I can trade.

Usobuko

Banned
OK, how does Avalugg not get more love? Yea his SpDef sucks, but he ate a Bullet Punch from a Mega Scizor. Plus he spins, gets recover without an insane breeding chain and hits like a truck. At the very least he should be a sho-in for Trick Room teams.

I fought that thing with Unaware Cosmic Powder / Recover / Store Power Clefable, Wish / Heal Bell Umbreon, Roar / Sleep M.Venusaur before.

All a pain to kill when they keep supporting each other.

Metroidvania

Having some shiiiiit luck on getting the right spread.

Is a 5iv non-perfect spread cool?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I fought that thing with Unaware Cosmic Powder / Recover / Store Power Clefable, Wish / Heal Bell Umbreon, Roar / Sleep M.Venusaur before.

All a pain to kill when they keep supporting each other.

Yikes, that sounds like it must have been hell to deal with.

one_kill

Finally got a Xerneas! Put a Blissey up on the GTS and it was gone in a few minutes.
You could've gotten it with less
Some players part with their Xerneas and Yveltal for very little

The legendary birds are harder to get, but still relatively easy
Just try to get either Xerneas or Yveltal

Adrian121

You could've gotten it with less
Some players part with their Xerneas and Yveltal for very little

The legendary birds are harder to get, but still relatively easy
Just try to get either Xerneas or Yveltal

True, but I had about 8 Blissey's sitting in my box so I didnt mind parting with one

One of his Pokemon is down already. His Mega Aerodactyl is about to die to a Scald.

But then! His Rock Slide crits! And then I get flinched! Milotic is dead. Send out Infernape. Another fucking crit. OMG I survived with 2 HP, now Thunder Punch will kill him. Nope. Flinched again. Infernape is dead too. My last Pokemon is Charizard and that tells the end of the story.

Fuck this game.

Top Bottom