• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

CrimsonN0

Kinda funny.

S74W-WWWW-WWW4-8DTH

Opponent's Ninjask stalls for 7? turns in order to Baton Pass Speed Boosts to a Rhyperior.
I Body Slam every turn and Paralyze the Rhyperior making all the Boosts useless.

onslack

If any of those 6IV Jap ditto's are still going, could it be possible to add my name to the list and grab one?

i have a few 4/5 IV charmaders some with their HA, 4/5IV bulbasaur's with their HA that i could offer in exchange

Adrian121

Kinda funny.

S74W-WWWW-WWW4-8DTH

Opponent's Ninjask stalls for 7? turns in order to Baton Pass Speed Boosts to a Rhyperior.
I Body Slam every turn and Paralyze the Rhyperior making all the Boosts useless.

Ha! Just watched it. Pretty funny!

That amount of stalling from the opponent must have been annoying, though.

cmurph

Banned
Kinda funny.

S74W-WWWW-WWW4-8DTH

Noob question here... how does one watch? lol

SeZMehK

I was breeding for my iron fist chimchar and I got this:
0ZvlMIc.jpg

Too bad it is blaze. :/

Adrian121

Just had two online battles in a row where I got KO'ed by a critical hit just as I was about to win. Ugh. I hardly ever seem to get critical hits, and if I do I get them when my opponent only has about 1HP left anyway. So annoying.

I'm cursing this Destiny Knot mechanic. Twice I have gotten the 5IV spread, Adamant Nature I want on a Dratini. What's its ability? Shed Skin. And this is with two Marvel Scale parents. I want dat Marvel Scale/Multiscale tank I've always dreamed of...

SeZMehK

I'm cursing this Destiny Knot mechanic. Twice I have gotten the 5IV spread, Adamant Nature I want on a Dratini. What's its ability? Shed Skin. And this is with two Marvel Scale parents. I want dat Marvel Scale/Multiscale tank I've always dreamed of...

Destiny knot passes down IVs and the Everstone passes down Nature. Everything else is all up to the RNG gods. :/

trixx

How did you get a chimchar isnt chimchar a starter? You guys finding all the secrets of the game. Or are they found in safaris?

Wichu

How did you get a chimchar isnt chimchar a starter? You guys finding all the secrets of the game. Or are they found in safaris?

Breeding. Pokémon Bank is out in Japan, so some people have transferred their Chimchars from 4th gen, then bred them and traded the offspring out.

I hear ya...

I've cracked so many Whimsicott eggs its unreal.

What type are you breeding?

I have the Jolly 6IV Ditto with a Timid 6IV Female Prankster with Memento and Encore egg moves. I have the Nature set for Jolly at the moment.

Breed a couple 6IV's but no shiny 5/6IV yet...
I am using the 6IV Jolly Ditto with a 5IV (31/×/31/31/31/31) Bold Male Whimsicott with Grass Whistle/Encore/Switcheroo.

I am just so disheartened because my last shiny only took 25 eggs.

You will do me a great favour if you have Adamant ones. I have the ideal IVs, Nature, Ability spread but no Fire Fang :(

Let me check when I get home from work. I want to say I was going for Adamant, so once I finally got one I stopped :(

Going to throw this out there again... Anyone have 4 or 5 IV Larvesta?

Milotic has been working amazingly well as a wall/annoyer for me.

It's supposedly outclassed by Gastrodon, but Milotic has more bulk and actually outspeeds some threats like Mega Mawile and Aegislash. Those Pokemon and others always try to set up on walls, but Haze negates any boosts. Then you just Scald/burn them to death while recovering wherever possible. Another thing people do to stop walls is cripple them with status. But that just makes Milotic even harder to kill because of Marvel Scale. lol

SeZMehK

Milotic has been working amazingly well as a wall/annoyer for me.

It's supposedly outclassed by Gastrodon, but Milotic has more bulk and actually outspeeds some threats like Mega Mawile and Aegislash. Those Pokemon and others always try to set up on walls, but Haze negates any boosts. Then you just Scald/burn them to death while recovering wherever possible. Another thing people do to stop walls is cripple them with status. But that just makes Milotic even harder to kill because of Marvel Scale. lol
I guess what you use is Haze/Scald/Recover/? What is your fourth?

Tiamant

I'km back from holidays pokegaf, tell me what has happened in the last 5 days!

Did Typhlosion get a new cool egg move? Any new strategies with the pokebank mons that I should be aware? Maybe some GTS shenanigans? A date for pokebank? Anything!??

I saw someone online in Doubles the other day who ran Assault Vest Goodra and Milotic in Doubles. Goodra would just spam Draco Meteor against anything that didn't resist it, while Milotic used Haze every so often to reset its stats back to neutral. A gimmicky set for sure, but it's cool to see people run unique or fun battle plans :)

JoeM86

I saw someone online in Doubles the other day who ran Assault Vest Goodra and Milotic in Doubles. Goodra would just spam Draco Meteor against anything that didn't resist it, while Milotic used Haze every so often to reset its stats back to neutral. A gimmicky set for sure, but it's cool to see people run unique or fun battle plans :)

Holy buckets. That's evil

Wichu

Speaking of evil, how about this for Triples?

Lead with Scarf Greninja on the left, a setup/sweeper Pokémon in the middle, and something else on the right.
Scarf Greninja Mat Blocks, setup mon sets up (or sweeper mon sweeps), and filler mon switches out to a second Scarf Greninja.
Next turn, left Greninja switches out to Scarf Greninja #3, setup mon sets up again, and right Greninja Mat Blocks.
Then, new left Greninja is free to Mat Block again, while right Greninja can switch out.
Repeat until win
or opponent has Fake Out

The only thing is being able to use three Mat Blockers on one team with Species Clause. You can do two with Smeargle, but a third one will be hard. Maybe some shenanigans with Copycat or Mirror Move? You could have Mat Block Greninja in the centre and Mirror Move it with the two side Pokémon, but that means all three of your Pokémon are caught up in Mat Blocking, so you can't set up (or kill the opponent's team). That could be a good stall tactic.

EDIT: Ah, got it. If the Mirror Move users have U-Turn or Volt Switch, they can deal damage while switching out. Team Mirror Ninja is go!

Oswen

Updated list. I need to breed about 4 more Chimchars and Feebas.

2x Adamant Contrary Inkay
7x Impish Immunity Gligar
2x Adamant Thick Fat Swinub w/ Icicle Crash, Stealth Rocks
1x Adamant Gale Wings Fletchling
1x Timid Gastly
0x Jolly Iron Fist Chimchar w/ Thunder Punch, Fire Punch
5x Modest Mareep
13x Modest Rotom
0x Bold Swift Swim Feebas w/ Hypnosis, Haze, Mist, Dragon Pulse
12x Jolly Moxie Scraggy w/ Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
1x Bold Regenerator Slowpoke
3x Calm Skrelp w/ Haze, Toxic Spikes
5x Timid Synchronize Ralts
11x Jolly Scrappy Kangaskhan
1x Calm Natural Cure Chansey w/ Seismic Toss, Aromatherapy

Yep, let me breed some Chimchar's real fast.

Could i get a Scraggy and a Gligar please?
I have a 5IV HA Dratini and a 4IV Timid HA Charmander with Dragon Pulse ready to be traded if they are ok.

MicH

There are 6 IV Dittos around? Holy smokes, I need one!

Also if anyone has a spare Iron Fist Chimchars I would love one!

Oswen

There are 6 IV Dittos around? Holy smokes, I need one!

Also if anyone has a spare Iron Fist Chimchars I would love one!

I have a few spare chimchars, you can have one if you want.

As for the 6IV ditto i am looking for one aswell, anyone still giving them away?

If there's any 6IV Ditto that would be wonderful, I could sure use one. I don't really have anything to offer though. : Besides pokemon with Pokérus.

PBalfredo

I've been away from this thread for a while because of New Years, but I had my name on the waiting list for the 6IV Dittos. What's the status on those? I'd ask Sigmaah but then cloning got farmed out to other people so I'm not sure who's actually distributing them.

Firestorm

Those are fun to think up but unfortunately don't work great in practice as the player can just ignore Milotic and double attack Goodra. Can make a bit of a dent if they don't see it coming (so outside best of 3) and you get them in a position where they only have two somewhat weak special attackers out though!

Tiamant

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Storm Drain Lileep fucking get! After so many years finally I have it! Oh man, If I get Extremespeed Linoone I'll be the happiest trainer around here.

Edit: and now a shiny Corsola pops out, yessss!

Those are fun to think up but unfortunately don't work great in practice as the player can just ignore Milotic and double attack Goodra. Can make a bit of a dent if they don't see it coming (so outside best of 3) and you get them in a position where they only have two somewhat weak special attackers out though!

alternatively, fairies
:lol

SeZMehK

Here's another small giveaway. Ranges from 3-5ivs:

20 adamant clear body beldum
7 jolly rattled magikarp (luxury ball)
7 jolly swift swim magikarp (luxury ball)
23 jolly iron fist chimchar

Would prefer to have in return 3-4iv female rejects in luxury balls but anything is fine. :D
I will be wonder trading them away later tonight. PM or quote with info. My FC is in my profile.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

23 jolly iron first chimchar

Would prefer to have in return 3-4iv female rejects in luxury balls but anything is fine. :D
I will be wonder trading them away later tonight. PM or quote with info. My FC is in my profile.

I'd love a Beldum and a Chimchar. I've got some 4IV female rejects but not in luxury balls.

OceanBlue

Can I have a Beldum and a rattled Magikarp? I have Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, and Klefki. My FC is 3067-4759-4728 and my IGN is Haruka.

Tiamant

I'd like one of those Chimchars, I can offer you one of my fresh Storm Drain Lileeps.

Top Bottom