• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One of his Pokemon is down already. His Mega Aerodactyl is about to die to a Scald.

But then! His Rock Slide crits! And then I get flinched! Milotic is dead. Send out Infernape. Another fucking crit. OMG I survived with 2 HP, now Thunder Punch will kill him. Nope. Flinched again. Infernape is dead too. My last Pokemon is Charizard and that tells the end of the story.

Fuck this game.

Damn dude, that's painful.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So...I haven't played Pokemon for about a month now. What have I missed?

Pokebank not coming out except for Japan and Korea, then getting shut down due to massive server overload, believed to be in part due to the NNID system.

Other than that, a cloning method has been discovered, and when combined the above statement, there's a bit of an open season frenzy on RNG'd old pokes for the time in which Bank was open.

I increased my Pokémon's “affection” (=/= happiness?) using Pokémon Amie and now I get terribly annoying loading times in battles (most noticeably right before the FIGHT/BAG/RUN/POKÉMON menu appears for the first time) and useless sentences. What the hell.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anyone know a good build for Electivire?

What about Electric Terrain, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Hammer Arm?

Well, you could go for the standard physical "I hit almost everything for super effective damage" set.

(cross chop/brick break)/Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

If you can get motor drive going that'll sweep through basically everything. Especially if you equip an expert belt. There's not much that set doesn't hit for super effective damage, I think it's just fairies, ghosts, psychics and bugs that it won't rip through easily.

No matter what you do you'll want to bring him in so he eats an electric move though. He needs the speed boost.

one_kill

Well, you could go for the standard physical "I hit almost everything for super effective damage" set.

(cross chop/brick break)/Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch

If you can get motor drive going that'll sweep through basically everything. Especially if you equip an expert belt. There's not much that set doesn't hit for super effective damage, I think it's just fairies, ghosts, psychics and bugs that it won't rip through easily.

No matter what you do you'll want to bring him in so he eats an electric move though. He needs the speed boost.
Thanks B-Dubs
I'll keep this in mind

I've got 7 Adamant Mudkips each with 4 random IVs if anyone wants. I'll take anything so long as I don't already have it. Something also with good IVs is obviously appreciated. :)

Friend code is 2320-6152-0406

Oswen

It could be too late but could i get in line for one of those 6IV Dittos please?
That would make breeding so much easier.

ash_ag

Through the collaborative effort of Dark Chocolate, Silktree and me in Bulbagarden:

Dark Chocolate said:
Announcement: It has just been confirmed that a Max Beauty'd Feebas transferred over to Gen6 will evolve without the Prism Scale.

Contest stats are still in the game.

That doesn't necessarily mean much other than the fact Game Freak is concerned about data integrity through generations, but it certainly means that making a game featuring Contests (be it an RSEmake, an RSEquel or something else altogether) is not out of the realm of possibilities -- something that might have been indicated by a potential lack of Contest stats.

Edit: Dark Chocolate uploaded a video of the process.

spiritfox

Through the collaborated effort of Dark Chocolate, Silktree and me in Bulbagarden:

That doesn't necessarily mean much other than the fact Game Freak is concerned about data integrity through generations, but it certainly means that making a game featuring Contests (be it an RSEmake, an RSEquel or something else altogether) is not out of the realm of possibilities -- something that might have been indicated by a potential lack of Contest stats.

HOENN CONFIRMED.

Had to say it.

SeZMehK

Is that latias still going around? I would like to get one. :D

On a side note, I was breeding a growlithe last night and got this:

fOjA2lH.jpg

decaf

Question for folks who've used Pokemon Bank or been trading for banked Pokemon:

Are Poké Balls from the older games coming across too? If so are they breedable from females?

For example:
Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png
Dream Balls (Gen V)
Love_Ball_summary_IV.png
Love Balls (Gen IV HGSS)

Ta.

Oswen

Question for folks who've used Pokemon Bank or been trading for banked Pokemon:

Are Poké Balls from the older games coming across too? If so are they breedable from females?

For example:
Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite.png
Dream Balls (Gen V)
Love_Ball_summary_IV.png
Love Balls (Gen IV HGSS)

Ta.

Pretty sure apricot balls from HGSS are passed down, no idea about the Dream Ball though.

DaBoss

I don't see why the Dream Balls or Love Balls won't pass down. I could try with some Pokemon I have in Dream Balls once Pokemon Bank opens.

Does anyone want to battle?
Other than that, a cloning method has been discovered, and when combined the above statement, there's a bit of an open season frenzy on RNG'd old pokes for the time in which Bank was open.
It was discovered a long time ago. It's just A LOT more people are using it now.

SeZMehK

I don't see why the Dream Balls or Love Balls won't pass down. I could try with some Pokemon I have in Dream Balls once Pokemon Bank opens.

Does anyone want to battle?

It was discovered a long time ago. It's just A LOT more people are using it now.
I would if I wasn't busy. :/

After I get this shiny Whimsicott, I think I'll actually try breeding Froakie. I'm not the biggest fan of Greninja, but I think I'll try and make a nice HP Fire Greninja...

I got breeding for HP Ice down, but I've never tried the other spreads.

OK, how does Avalugg not get more love? Yea his SpDef sucks, but he ate a Bullet Punch from a Mega Scizor. Plus he spins, gets recover without an insane breeding chain and hits like a truck. At the very least he should be a sho-in for Trick Room teams.

slow ice type with bad special bulk without some sort of special ability
if you look at good ice types, they're one of the below:
1. fast (Weavile, Froslass sort of)
2. have some sort of unique feature (Snow Warning for Abomasnow, which *hint* is a better ice type for trick room *hint*, Shell Smash for Cloyster)
3. decent all around with good bulk (Mamoswine)
4. legendaries (Arceus-Ice, Kyurem forms)

.....yeah ice-types normally suck

Korosenai

Why use Psycho Cut when it has access to Zen Headbutt? 10BP for crit chance isn't that good, plus Headbutt can cause flinch.

Probably has to do with Psycho Cut having perfect accuracy unlike Zen Headbutt? And Psycho Cut doesn't make physical contact, which is nice. I guess Zen Headbutt is fine to use, if you want some more power.

Pretty much what Mack said. I also like to get egg moves on my Pokemon. That way when I ev train them it'll have access to that move just in case I need it, even if I never use it, so I won't have to breed it again and re train it.

2. have some sort of unique feature (Snow Warning for Abomasnow, which *hint* is a better ice type for trick room *hint*, Shell Smash for Cloyster)

A curse set is still very entertaining though. Straight up declaring gg if the opponent has run out of special attackers or some specific physical attackers.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, you have to build a team around Avalugg to make good use of it. Still, it's pretty amazing how well it can tank physical hits, including super effective ones. If only it had a good ability like magic guard, then it could function well as a spinner. Right now it's pretty counter productive to send it out and lose at least 25% of its health.

Wow getting shinies in this game is very easy. I got another Dragonair and a Dragalgage.

But the first Dragonair had an adamant nature, the ability Marvel scale and 4 perfect IVs as well as the egg move Extreme Speed.

ohkay

It's been hard to play Pokemon lately since I just started Monster Hunter. I think I might need another DS that I can dedicate to breeding.

Also, Is there any chance I could get one of those Latias too?

Holla at your boy with one of those Latias, I'm willing to part with a 5IV 31/x/31/31/31/31 Whimsicott with egg moves or letting you clone my shiny Black Rayquaza.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I have 4 God Ditto if people need one, just PM me or post in the thread with your FC and IGN.

Something nice in return would be awesome, but if you don't have anything, nbd.

I'll work on the Latias today.

Korosenai

Nub I have a 5iv one. Whattya got for me?
Im working on some jolly meditites right now with psycho cut. I have a spare 5 iv too right now if youre available to trade.

I have plenty other sfuff, mainly what i was giving away before, but Meditite is just what im working on this moment.

Quest1

Hey do you have any spare Dittos? :D And if possible, a Latias. No pressure though!

I have one left but there's two michaels on my list at the moment. Send me one. Ign CJ.

Also, spinda, in done with your rayquaza.

And sez, I got you too. And Nub. Whenever you guys are ready.

Top Bottom