• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MicH

I think the standard set for Milotic is Scald/Ice Beam/Recover/Haze or Dragon Tail. No clue about Competitive Milotic, but it doesn't really seem that good.

Why would you do that, though? You lose a ridiculous amount of power by using Fire Fang instead of Flare Blitz. If the recoil is what bothers you, you can run Roost for some reliable recovery.
Yeah, just read up on Milotic. Marvel Scale + Sleeptalk set seems pretty fun. Add in Scald and Dragon Tail for extra fun. Might have to try that

just noticed something on GTS

0FdeN3H.jpg

what is this pokeball mean ?
i know if i own a pokemon their symbol is not like that
even a pokemon not from game like piplub his symbol like any other pokemon
That means that Pokémon was bred/caught outside of Kalos.

If they have the usual symbol, that means the Pokémon was bred/caught in Kalos.

Yes, it's at a higher rate than a male with a ditto from my experience.
WHAT THE FUCK, HOW AM I JUST LEARNING THIS

I thought only MALES could pass on HA when bred with Ditto

THIS COULD HAVE SAVED ME SO MUCH TIME

SeZMehK

That means that Pokémon was bred/caught outside of Kalos.

If they have the usual symbol, that means the Pokémon was bred/caught in Kalos.

WHAT THE FUCK, HOW AM I JUST LEARNING THIS

I thought only MALES could pass on HA when bred with Ditto

THIS COULD HAVE SAVED ME SO MUCH TIME

And that is how you pass down the pokeball you want. Lol.

could someone with a fletchinder safari friend me or could anyone trade me a Gale Winds fletchling?

I feel like I need one of these to compete lol.

LaNaranja

Why would you do that, though? You lose a ridiculous amount of power by using Fire Fang instead of Flare Blitz. If the recoil is what bothers you, you can run Roost for some reliable recovery.

Yea the recoil on it seems like too much but there are no middle ground in physical attacks between the two moves. There doesn't actually happen to be a way to get Fire Punch in X and Y is there?

Jaeger

Ah, right.

Well, just let me know when you're on, then.

I have extras of all of them except for Heracrossite, which I forgot about since I don't use it, lol.

No, the male needs to have the HA to transfer. It's like a 40% chance with a male as opposed to 60% with a female, or something to that effect.

I'm on now, sir.

SeZMehK

Ah, right.

Well, just let me know when you're on, then.

I have extras of all of them except for Heracrossite, which I forgot about since I don't use it, lol.

No, the male needs to have the HA to transfer. It's like a 40% chance with a male as opposed to 60% with a female, or something to that effect.

Do you happen to have extras of the X exclusive stones?

Sigmaah

Cloning shinies is addicting as fuck. That's all I do with this game now lmao. Bouta have 30+ Kalos bred shinies. Excellent....

If I'm running a reflect/light screen set for Espeoj... What's the point of having Baton Pass as a move? Can't I just switch out anyway and the screens will pass? Or does a Light Clay only work with Baton Pass? I just don't understand the point of running Baton Pass if you're not using true stat boosters like something like Calm Mind.

Usobuko

Banned
EDIT: what's a good moveset for Mega Kangaskhan? I have Double-Edge, Power-Up Punch, Earthquake, and Fake Out right now. Sucker Punch over Fake Out? Body Slam over Double-Edge? Drain Punch over Power-Up Punch?

Return
Power Up Punch
Sucker Punch
Crunch / Earth Quake

Common Set. You use Crunch against ( Bulky ) Ghost type like Gourgeist, Cofagrigus, Trevenant and Gengar because the EQ set can't touch him and he can WoW / Destiny Bond you in return.

macklelol

If I'm running a reflect/light screen set for Espeoj... What's the point of having Baton Pass as a move? Can't I just switch out anyway and the screens will pass? Or does a Light Clay only work with Baton Pass? I just don't understand the point of running Baton Pass if you're not using true stat boosters like something like Calm Mind.

It prevents you from getting wrecked by Pursuit users like Tyranitar.

spiritfox

You don't need Baton Pass for screens, only if you're using Wish or want to pass on Calm Mind boosts (or other boosts if you're using other Eeveelutions). Also to escape from Pursuit.

Anyone up for battle?

I just started playing this a few days ago, man this thread has me so confused!

Quick question guys, I hatched a bunch of Eevee's today and have them all at level 22 where they're trying to evolve into Umbreon. 22 seems too early, what's a good level to evolve them at?

spiritfox

I just started playing this a few days ago, man this thread has me so confused!

Quick question guys, I hatched a bunch of Eevee's today and have them all at level 22 where they're trying to evolve into Umbreon. 22 seems too early, what's a good level to evolve them at?

Do you want Baton Pass? If yes, wait till 33. If not, just evolve them. Umbreon is a friendship based evo at night, so it'll evolve whenever it's friendship is high enough, be it lvl 1 or lvl 99.

Edit: Chimchar with the correct IV spread! It's Blaze...

Top Bottom