• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

SeZMehK

I really think the shiny charm affects breeding... My third shiny when breeding... >.<
Edit: Or the RNG gods are being nice to me... sorta

CrimsonN0

I did pretty terrible in those battles.

I thought my Swampert would take out Togekiss since I knew he had Dazzling Gleam and was the main threat to my Dragonite and was wishing that Cradidly actually got Paralyzed more.

Caladrius

20 hours in and I'm loving pokemon again! Can't believe I missed out a lot over the years lol. Btw how do you hatch a egg?

Keep walking/biking around and it will hatch on its own. Pokemon with flame body or magma armor will halve the distance it takes, and putting the egg in the front slot of your party will also make it hatch faster.

Usobuko

Banned
I thought my Swampert would take out Togekiss since I knew he had Dazzling Gleam and was the main threat to my Dragonite and was wishing that Cradidly actually got Paralyzed more.

Sorry to ask, isn't this usually the case? Match up favours Swampert since you can't get paralysis? Can I ask what happened because I'm curious?

CrimsonN0

Sorry to ask, isn't this usually the case? Match up favours Swampert since you can't get paralysis? Can I ask what happened because I'm curious?

It was a Multi Battle, my partners pokemon were all KOed,
so it was Swampert vs. Togekiss and Cradily.

Swampert survived Togekiss's attack, but got killed by Cradily.

I think Cradily was somehow faster than Swampert which is strange because it was Paralyzed and my partner put up a Tailwind before death.
I think I remember someone having a Quick Claw so mabye that was it.

Usobuko

Banned
Is there any way to find out your win/loss ratio?

When you are battling, if either you or your opponent idles enough, you can look at the amount of Link Battles you participate. Then you look at the number of wins you have on your profile.

That's your win / loss ratio.

LaNaranja

It was a Multi Battle, my partners pokemon were all KOed,
so it was Swampert vs. Togekiss and Cradily.

Swampert survived Togekiss's attack, but got killed by Cradily.

I think Cradily was somehow faster than Swampert which is strange because it was Paralyzed and my partner put up a Tailwind before death.
I think I remember someone having a Quick Claw so mabye that was it.

Yea that was my quick claw that let us go first despite Cradily being paralyzed. I honestly had no idea that if quick claw activated for one player it let both go first in a team battle.

one_kill

When you are battling, if either you or your opponent idles enough, you can look at the amount of Link Battles you participate. Then you look at the number of wins you have on your profile.

Sucks you can't see it outright, but at least it's there

cmurph

Banned
I just hatched a 5IV Shiny Cottonee~! My first bred Shiny Pokemon~!

...but it has the wrong ability...

It's a Infiltrator instead of Prankster. The Battle Maison's "Ability Capsule" will fix this problem right?

Usobuko

Banned

It's a Infiltrator instead of Prankster. The Battle Maison's "Ability Capsule" will fix this problem right?

Prankster isn't HA so you are alright. Congrats.

EDIT: Oh wait, was thinking Prankster was HA. You're good.

backlot

Since Infiltrator and Prankster are both standard abilities on Cottonee, an Ability Capsule will fix it. Congrats on your shiny!

DaBoss

I started doing the Season 2 Special Ranking Battles today earlier and just checked my record on Global Link. It says I have a 8:3 ratio which is a good start I think.

You can press R to cycle through those tidbits of info when they start appearing.

Went back to regular Singles and almost lost against the Chatelaine. The Purugly was putting all my guys to sleep with 100% accurate Hypnosis.

I guess RNG made up for it when her Wigglytuff's Focus Miss missed Greninja.

Should stick to the Battle Institute.

Top Bottom