• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Muku

Some people use the nickname of a Pokemon to communicate. I've seen Pokemon with nicknames such as "Next offer" or "Already got it". Some have "Shinies only", or "___ plz"

But yeah, the system is primitive.

It's kind of sad. We've moved BACKWARDS. It's like the guys who crafted the trading screen have never done any of this ever. And how did we get rid of icons as communication tools? :(

I've not seen anyone with Pokemon named that, but good to know. Guess I'll just not random trade, because would really prefer not to keep Pokemon around just to trade with phrases for names. Ah well. PokeGAF is all I need anyway me thinks.

OceanBlue

Is anyone breeding Shuckle and/or using a Shuckle for battles? I'm thinking I want to work on one for my team.

Edit: nvm just read Smogon's page on Shuckle

Lol I lost to a Shuckle. I couldn't stop it from doing whatever it wanted to my team. Maybe if I had a Lucario... :(

I wonder how Guard Split Shuckle would work in doubles. I think it'd be a fun thing to try.

I've been breeding so many physical attackers that I feel lacking in special attackers. I should breed a SATK Mega Lucario and some other special attackers.

spiritfox

Lol I lost to a Shuckle. I couldn't stop it from doing whatever it wanted to my team. Maybe if I had a Lucario... :(

I wonder how Guard Split Shuckle would work in doubles. I think it'd be a fun thing to try.

I've been breeding so many physical attackers that I feel lacking in special attackers. I should breed a SATK Mega Lucario and some other special attackers.

Mega Amphy.

Some people use the nickname of a Pokemon to communicate. I've seen Pokemon with nicknames such as "Next offer" or "Already got it". Some have "Shinies only", or "___ plz"

But yeah, the system is primitive.

The most random nickname I've gotten from wonder trade is an Electrode named Black Hitler.

OceanBlue

I have 17 5IV Thick Fat Swinub and none of them have the IVs I need. This is getting obnoxious. I've never been this unlucky before. .__.

Wichu

Is it possible to get a Shiny 6IV Ho-Oh?

I can't seem to find anyone with anything better than a Shiny 5IV Ho-Oh

Yes, but... where are people saying they have shiny 5IV Ho-oh?

I have a shiny 5IV Ho-oh

It's because you can only get shiny 6IV Ho-oh with Modest, Timid, Calm, or Docile natures, none of which are particularly good for a physical attacker

ugoo18

Yes, but... where are people saying they have shiny 5IV Ho-oh?

I have a shiny 5IV Ho-oh

It's because you can only get shiny 6IV Ho-oh with Modest, Timid, Calm, or Docile natures, none of which are particularly good for a physical attacker

I don't plan to use it, all the shiny legendaries i'm trying to get are purely trophy pokemon. I don't use legendaries to battle.

spiritfox

XS5LK.gif

Wichu

I don't plan to use it, all the shiny legendaries i'm trying to get are purely trophy pokemon. I don't use legendaries to battle.

Yep, but the reason people RNG for IVs is for battle, so you won't see very many RNGed Pokémon with bad natures.

ugoo18

This shit happened two days ago when I was visiting my nephew and passing time

why must arceus be so cruel ;_;

lol so the reverse happened to you, i saw a topic about that same thing but with a shiny Zangoose surrounded by Servipers on Gfaqs ages ago. I'm assuming it didn't end well?

This shit happened two days ago when I was visiting my nephew and passing time

why must arceus be so cruel ;_;
Sorry to hear that. In this case, leading your party with Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Chatot or Eevee that knows "Synchronoise" would have saved your bacon. The normal type Zangoose would all be knocked out leaving the shiny Seviper catchable. I don't know if any poison types learn the move, so the opposite would not work. You couldn't easily annihilate a Seviper horde, isolating a shiny Zangoose. I have read that a low-level, low-power Earthquake can accomplish that however.

ugoo18

Does anyone here have Shiny 6IV versions of these to trade?

Moltres
Reshiram
Zekrom
Tornadus
Cobalion
Virizion
Keldeo
Shaymin
Regigigas
Manaphy
Palkia
Dialga
Mespirit
Regirock
Registeel
Ho-Oh

DaBoss

Okay, am I missing something? I've tried several times to trade with acquaintances, but I feel like it's a pointless endeavor. I could have sworn in Black, but it's been a while, that you at least had icons and stuff at bottom to show you were interested in something to at least keep them from going to something else. What's the point of trading with acquaintances and all if there's no way to say "Hey! I like what you just showed!" It just feels like a show-a-thon at this point with no feedback really.
Yea, that existed in Gen 5. They took a step back in this regard considering how many steps forward they took with the online.

Muku

Does anyone here have Shiny 6IV versions of these to trade?

Moltres
Reshiram
Zekrom
Tornadus
Cobalion
Virizion
Keldeo
Shaymin
Regigigas
Manaphy
Palkia
Dialga
Mespirit
Regirock
Registeel
Ho-Oh

Sadly not. Though if PokeBank were open I'd have the shiny Dialga 6IV. Ended up getting it in a trade a long time ago.

Just curious, going for them for looks or just completing all the shiny legendaries?

ugoo18

Sadly not. Though if PokeBank were open I'd have the shiny Dialga 6IV. Ended up getting it in a trade a long time ago.

Just curious, going for them for looks or just completing all the shiny legendaries?

I want them as trophy pokemon.

Muku

I want them as trophy pokemon.

Ah, fair enough. Can understand that. Though just as an aside question, now I'm thinking about it, I imagine odds of finding a natural 6 IV legendary would be crazy low. Are the ones that are out there hacked, or have some folks been hard core enough to actually work until they get perfect ones (while being shiny)?

DaBoss

Ah, fair enough. Can understand that. Though just as an aside question, now I'm thinking about it, I imagine odds of finding a natural 6 IV legendary would be crazy low. Are the ones that are out there hacked, or have some folks been hard core enough to actually work until they get perfect ones (while being shiny)?
RNG'd or hacked. Or insanely lucky.

ugoo18

That's what I imagined. Though luck of finding one being shiny at all would be a blessing. 6IV? It'd be like a miracle.

Thanks to Pokebank i am genuinely curious about the IVs of my past gen legendaries. I was surprised to find that i had caught almost two teams worth of shinies in the past gens collectively when i decided to organize everything. I know none of my past gen legendaries are shiny but i do now hope they have decent IVs.

RNG'd or hacked. Or insanely lucky.

I spent nearly 10 hours soft resetting on Zapdos with the right IV spread, and even then I ended up with only a 31/6/29/31/31/31 spread. Never saw a shiny. I can't imagine anyone with those things is actually real and not hacked.

MicH

Ah, yes, at last. 31/x/31/31/31/31 Swift Swim Feebas. That makes 3 perfect IV mons in a couple of days (Chimchar, Tynamo and Feebas). Gotta train them up.

I think I'll try a Sleeptalk set on Milotic with Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk and Dragon Tail. Can't wait to try it out!

SeZMehK

Dammit, I've been searching for a female yamask, buneary and a feebas in a luxury ball... >.> No luck so far. There has to be someone nice out there to get them for me...

Zaventem

Well i finally got my 8 badge and defeated the elite 4. Disappointed to be honest, maybe it's my bad memory that's making me thing this game is easier but i though the last person was suppose to actually be challenging!

Top Bottom