• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

lol, some random passerby just gave me a Manaphy. What an awesome guy!

Why do pure fire types always have such such shit movepools? Being forced to run Focus Blast on Typhlosion is never nice.

Muku

Figured getting a 5 IV Adamant Torchic was too good to be true. I'll just have to avoid it then to complete my Pokedex without and hacked Pokemon (even though I probably have some right now :().

Who is to say it is hacked rather than someone's breeding reject or someone being nice? I don't often put 5IVs in WT but there are some who do. I have actually gotten a few 5IV Pokemon from it.

one_kill

Edit: Is Rahl here?

Not sure what was going on dude as I thought we were doing keepsies.
I'm ok trading back... but Darkrai's my favourite Pokemon :( lol
It's all good

Figured getting a 5 IV Adamant Torchic was too good to be true. I'll just have to avoid it then to complete my Pokedex without and hacked Pokemon (even though I probably have some right now :().
It's possible though.

I've bred a perfect IV Jolly Chimchar using the god Ditto that was being cloned here.

This is not all that impossible at all.

:lol I have not marked a few of the Pokemon I sent out in WT, I could have given several 6IV'd mons out.

one_kill

Is anyone breeding Shuckle and/or using a Shuckle for battles? I'm thinking I want to work on one for my team.

Edit: nvm just read Smogon's page on Shuckle

Muku

Actually if you are worried about it I have some 5 IV (some even with HA) if you would rather have. Believe they may be adamant but not at home at the moment.

Actually if you are worried about it I have some 5 IV (some even with HA) if you would rather have. Believe they may be adamant but not at home at the moment.

I don't play competitively. Unless I had a physical guide, I'll never end up remembering things like EV training. I only collect.

Is anyone breeding Shuckle and/or using a Shuckle for battles? I'm thinking I want to work on one for my team.

Edit: nvm just read Smogon's page on Shuckle

Smogon is nice but it's not the Bible. Use your favourite Pokemon even if they aren't competitively viable.

There's a reason I bred a whole team of Eeveelutions even though I'll rarely win battles with them.

Smogon is nice but it's not the Bible. Use your favourite Pokemon even if they aren't competitively viable.

There's a reason I bred a whole team of Eeveelutions even though I'll rarely win battles with them.

I started doing this in White 2 but X came out before I finished leveling everyone. I had Leafeon in my main team though.

Korosenai

Getting 5 iv, even 6 iv, Pokemon is super easy now. I have almost a box and a half full of them from breeding. No hacking involved.

Also on a side note, I can't wait to breed this Shellos. I've always wanted one. Not sure if I want to go bold or calm though. Probably bold since there are a lot of physical attackers in the metagame right now.

Sigmaah

My 5/6iv Competitive Shiny Pokemon Collection as of now
m5GRikk.jpg

Getting 5 iv, even 6 iv, Pokemon is super easy now. I have almost a box and a half full of them from breeding. No hacking involved.

Also on a side note, I can't wait to breed this Shellos. I've always wanted one. Not sure if I want to go bold or calm though. Probably bold since there are a lot of physical attackers in the metagame right now.

Unfortunately, Gastrodon is kind of garbage now that rain isn't omnipresent. I spent a day and a half breeding and training a perfect Bold one only to find that it's now outclassed in almost every respect and is pretty useless against some of the more common metagame threats (i.e. It can't safely switch into Talonflame, Blaziken, Aegislash or Grass Knot Greninja without being KO'd before it can do anything significant). I was so excited to use it as the final member of my Scrafty/Froslass/X core, but I ended up disappointed :(

Speaking of, can anyone help me find a good third member for that core? I was thinking maybe Scolipede , but I'm open to suggestions!

Korosenai

Unfortunately, Gastrodon is kind of garbage now that rain isn't omnipresent. I spent a day and a half breeding and training a perfect Bold one only to find that it's now outclassed in almost every respect and is pretty useless against some of the more common metagame threats (i.e. It can't safely switch into Talonflame, Blaziken, Aegislash or Grass Knot Greninja without being KO'd before it can do anything significant). I was so excited to use it as the final member of my Scrafty/Froslass/X core, but I ended up disappointed :(

Speaking of, can anyone help me find a good third member for that core? I was thinking maybe Scolipede , but I'm open to suggestions!

Damn, that kind of sucks to hear. I'm still going to breed it, but I probably won't use it as much as I planned. Thanks for the heads up.

I've gotten 5 shinies (traded one for another though). Two I got in trades (Eevee and a 100 shiny Eggecutor that I traded for a 45 shiny Ho-oh which is probably hacked), the other two I caught (Lickitung and Teddiursa).

Sigmaah

Gimme one.

Sure, which one? Your pick. If you'd like to know details like egg moves and shit, just ask away.

How?

You can clone me the Greninja, right?

Because of cloning. If you can clone, you can get almost anything you want. Shit is cash. And yeah I gotchu on the greninja, you got a ditto right? greninja is perfect 5v timid nature EV trained and has extrasensory dark pulse ice beam toxic spikes protean. It's decked out.

No more though lol.

spiritfox

Sure, which one? Your pick. If you'd like to know details like egg moves and shit, just ask away.

Because of cloning. If you can clone, you can get almost anything you want. Shit is cash. And yeah I gotchu on the greninja, you got a ditto right? greninja is perfect 5v timid nature EV trained and has extrasensory dark pulse ice beam toxic spikes protean. It's decked out.

No more though lol.

Nah I don't need them. Just playing around.

Though shiny MegaGengar looks pretty awesome...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

No more though lol.

Ya I already got a ditto. Where are you getting the guys to clone in the first place though?

TWILT

Banned
Geezez, I'm so jelly of all dem shinies...maybe I'll try and MM breed a shiny Froakie and Axew after failing to getting my shiny Honedge. >:

Sigmaah

Nah I don't need them. Just playing around.

Though shiny MegaGengar looks pretty awesome...

I can make a clone so it's all good :D

Ya I already got a ditto. Where are you getting the guys to clone in the first place though?

I offer to clone ppls good mons and in-return I clone a copy for myself. A good amount of ppl can't clone so they want shit bad so they'll let other ppl do it and us cloners charge a fee lmao.

Zaventem

I completely forgot neogaf had a pokemon community. I got x and y for christmas and i'm loving it. Most of my time has been spent cloning though lmao. I don't even have my 8th badge.

Yes! Eveveryone will soon recognize Milotic as the bulky water type this gen. :p

Milotic walls Mega Kangaskhan, lol!

ASGG-WWWW-WWW4-ANCY

Gastrodon/Vaporeon could never!

spiritfox

I can make a clone so it's all good :D

I offer to clone ppls good mons and in-return I clone a copy for myself. A good amount of ppl can't clone so they want shit bad so they'll let other ppl do it and us cloners charge a fee lmao.

Well I'll take the Vulpix if it's Drought. I don't have anything to trade though, unless you haven't got a ES Dratini yet.

Yes! Eveveryone will soon recognize Milotic as the bulky water type this gen. :p

Milotic walls Mega Kangashan, lol!

ASGG-WWWW-WWW4-ANCY

Gastrodon/Vaporeon could never!

Milotic da best. Fabulous like nobody's business.

Sigmaah

Well I'll take the Vulpix if it's Drought. I don't have anything to trade though, unless you haven't got a ES Dratini yet.

Ooo lucky for you I already have an extra clone of vulpix, it's 6v male drought with hex, power swap, and will-o-wisp. I'll probably get a dratini down the road lol.

GamerSoul

Damn you PokeBank! The wait is giving me more time to second guess my team fornext playthrough. For some reason I want to breed surskits next. heh love their animation.

Zaventem

Geezez, I'm so jelly of all dem shinies...maybe I'll try and MM breed a shiny Froakie and Axew after failing to getting my shiny Honedge. >:

I have a shiny honedge i can give you if you have a shiny i don't. I think it's 5iv or so i remember lol, i can't check because i don't even have the last badge but i borrowed it and cloned it.

Muku

Okay, am I missing something? I've tried several times to trade with acquaintances, but I feel like it's a pointless endeavor. I could have sworn in Black, but it's been a while, that you at least had icons and stuff at bottom to show you were interested in something to at least keep them from going to something else. What's the point of trading with acquaintances and all if there's no way to say "Hey! I like what you just showed!" It just feels like a show-a-thon at this point with no feedback really.

one_kill

Okay, am I missing something? I've tried several times to trade with acquaintances, but I feel like it's a pointless endeavor. I could have sworn in Black, but it's been a while, that you at least had icons and stuff at bottom to show you were interested in something to at least keep them from going to something else. What's the point of trading with acquaintances and all if there's no way to say "Hey! I like what you just showed!" It just feels like a show-a-thon at this point with no feedback really.
Some people use the nickname of a Pokemon to communicate. I've seen Pokemon with nicknames such as "Next offer" or "Already got it". Some have "Shinies only", or "___ plz"

But yeah, the system is primitive.

TWILT

Banned
I have a shiny honedge i can give you if you have a shiny i don't. I think it's 5iv or so i remember lol, i can't check because i don't even have the last badge but i borrowed it and cloned it.

Nah, it's okay, I'll continue breeding my own. I have to give all my Pokemon some sort of geeky nickname, so. :p

Alssoo randomly got a 6IV Honedge woooo.

Top Bottom