• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tonight I am going to maintain order in the Kalos region. You all are going to help me. But not with these.

talonflame_battle_1.jpg

These are predictable and clumsy. These are the weapons of cowards. Our weapons are precise and unconventional. In time I will teach them to you. But for tonight, you will rely on your brains and your Pokémon. Tonight, we are the law. Tonight, I am the law.

Don't we not have access to Flying Gems right now? And isn't it true that Pokemon Bank will -NOT- allow transfer of those? Pretty sure it deposits items to the bag before shipping them off.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fuck Goodra!

Fuck Mega Mawile!

I played four matches so far, those two in different battles destroyed me, but one battle I got lucky, got Drapion Sword Danced on a switch out, and he killed everyone else pretty easily.

Otherwise those two Pokemon are the bane of me. :(

Neiteio

lulz, my Carbink just beat Japanese Garchomp with Power Gem

GQ9G-WWWW-WWW2-LQPS

When Americaaa

is on the brink

don't run, don't think

ba-da-bum

CAR-BINK!

And it's a black Japanese player, I seriously can't get over this

Neiteio

Tonight I froze solid:

- Mega Manectric
- Zapdos
- Electivire

And in the past I've frozen Jolteon. Are Electric-types extra vulnerable to freezing??

Neiteio

Tonight I am going to maintain order in the Kalos region. You all are going to help me. But not with these.

talonflame_battle_1.jpg

These are predictable and clumsy. These are the weapons of cowards. Our weapons are precise and unconventional. In time I will teach them to you. But for tonight, you will rely on your brains and your Pokémon. Tonight, we are the law. Tonight, I am the law.
Is this... a Dredd 3D quote? I'm having the hardest time placing this parody. :-\

backlot

Then why include a single Normal Gem? D:

Because it's the least offensive of the gems. By the way, Normal Gem was nerfed to a 30% increase (down from 50% last gen). I assume any other gems, if they exist, will be similarly nerfed.

P.S. Carbink is a joke. Talk to me when you get some HP recovery.

Neiteio

Because its the least offensive of the gems. By the way, Normal Gem was nerfed to a 30% increase (down from 50% last gen). I assume any other gems, if they exist, will be similarly nerfed.

P.S. Carbink is a joke. Talk to me when you get some HP recovery.
Built-in Focus Sash via Sturdy, eight-turn dual screens and base 150 Defense and Sp. Defense say, "Screw HP recovery!"

Butane123

I feel bad. I asked for Kadabra for my own Kadabra on GTS just to have Alakazam in my Pokedex. The guy who gave me his Kadabra left the amulet coin on it. He's only played about 10 hours. Figured if I see him on in my acquaintances menu, I'll try to force trade it back to him.

Watch Da Birdie

I feel bad. I asked for Kadabra for my own Kadabra on GTS just to have Alakazam in my Pokedex. The guy who gave me his Kadabra left the amulet coin on it. He's only played about 10 hours. Figured if I see him on in my acquaintances menu, I'll try to force trade it back to him.

No big deal, he can just buy that one Incense that does the same thing.

Neiteio

By the time those finish off Carbink, it's already fulfilled its tasks.
Yep. That's the thing a lot of people forget. Carbink isn't a sweeper, even if he hard-checks many things 4X weak to it and Stealth Rock. He's expected to expire, but he sets up what's needed long enough for me to pivot, if nothing else.

Neiteio

So how does Carbink do against the other 717 Pokemon?
Fine for how I use him, as you'd know if you've watched any of the 717 videos I've posted from Vs. Recorder. :p

He's a utility Pokémon. Not a sweeper. And most of the time, he works wonderfully.

CrimsonN0

Eggs are taking too long to be made.

Challenge my all bug team: 5000-3009-5859

Wanna try it out in more full battles, don't actually have many of the good items, though.

EMT0

Banned
Fine for how I use him, as you'd know if you've watched any of the 717 videos I've posted from Vs. Recorder. :p

He's a utility Pokémon. Not a sweeper. And most of the time, he works wonderfully.

He kills Talonflame easy. He may as well be a sweeper considering that's a third of the opposing team's attacking power half the time :p

PK Gaming

talonflame_battle_1.jpg

I can finally use this gif with dignity

XS5LK.gif

So how does Carbink do against the other 717 Pokemon?
Well it does pretty well against Caterpie. =P Seriously though, it's not meant to sweep teams or Toxic stall them to death. It's meant to set up some screens and some Stealth Rocks. It does that job very well against a ton of Pokémon, therefore it is successful.
We don't need another theprodigy, so let people enjoy their favorite Pokémon in peace.

Watch Da Birdie

The next Pokemon I wanna train is Masquerain.

What'd be a good set? I see it knows Sticky Web, Baton Pass, and Quiver Dance, but I'm unsure of the best way to incorporate those into a "decent" one, well, as decent as Masquerain can be.

explodet

Wanna try it out in more full battles, don't actually have many of the good items, though.
Once I get my all Dark team up and running I may take you up on that so you can wreck the joint.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

My hail team isn't quite done yet, otherwise I would. I'm having a hard time dealing with the fire/steel/lightning weakness.

Atlantis

The next Pokemon I wanna train is Masquerain.

What'd be a good set? I see it knows Sticky Web, Baton Pass, and Quiver Dance, but I'm unsure of the best way to incorporate those into a "decent" one, well, as decent as Masquerain can be.

Masquerain has enough trouble finding chances to setup just Sticky Web. I think trying for both Sticky Web and passing Quiver Dance might be a little much. I personally like max HP and Speed with Bug Buzz, Roost, and Sticky Web. U-Turn or Scald would be good in the last slot.

Top Bottom