• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Wichu

Garchompite vs Choice gear

I play doubles with defensive chip team and sword setup. Lead with Rotom-Wash and Speed Boost Scolipede. Currently BP to Argon but built a Jolly Landshark to test. Been going back and forth on Mega vs Choice gear, would love to hear other people's thoughts.

CB Garchomp is stronger, and in doubles, you'll usually have at least one target to hit with a powerful Dragon Claw. I say CB and use your Mega slot on something else.

Tiamant

Okay ladies and gents, Defiant or Vital Spirit for Primeape?

edit: Jesus Christ! Primeape loses a lot of moves from B/W! Elemental punches, seed bomb, vacuum wave, outrage, dual chop...

Wichu

Okay ladies and gents, Defiant or Vital Spirit for Primeape?

edit: Jesus Christ! Primeape loses a lot of moves from B/W! Elemental punches, seed bomb, vacuum wave, outrage, dual chop...

Vital Spirit IMO. Most Spore/Sleep Powder users are slower and frail, so you can switch in to those and force them out.

While Hidden Power breeding is quite a bit easier now it's still a pain compared to your standard 5 IV mons. Finally got my guy though:
Helioptile - Timid - Dry Skin - male - 31/26/30/31/31/31 (ICE)

Up for grabs:
Helioptile - Lonely - Dry Skin - male - 31/x/30/31/31/31

EDIT: Grabbed by DaBoss

DaBoss

While Hidden Power breeding is quite a bit easier now it's still a pain compared to your standard 5 IV mons. Finally got my guy though:

Up for grabs:
I would like the Helioptile.

Is there anything you're looking for?

Thanks.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Giving these ones away, although if you have other pokemon with similar IVs I wouldn't mind getting one piece of them.

Male Fennekin, modest, blaze, 31 IVs sans speed.
Male Feebas, bold, swift swin, 31 IVs sans SpDef.
Male Feebas, bold, swift swin, 31 IVs sans HP.
Male Eevee, hardy, run away, 31 IVs sans SpDef.
Male Eevee, Impish, Run away, 31 IVs sans HP.

Kinokou

Up for grabs:

EDIT: Grabbed by DaBoss

It's my first time going for hidden power now and it's not fun. I keep getting electric instead of grass and when I get grass they had the wrong ability. But you got yours so I have to keep on going!

OceanBlue

It's my first time going for hidden power now and it's not fun. I keep getting electric instead of grass and when I get grass they had the wrong ability. But you got yours so I have to keep on going!

It's awful lol. I have no idea how in the world people consistently get 30 IVs on their Pokemon. I think my HP Rock Lilligant is 31/x/28/31/28/24, which means it's slower than a 31IV SPD Excadrill. Getting the speed to 24 in the first place took a lot of time, so I can't even imagine how long it'd take to get 30.

It's awful lol. I have no idea how in the world people consistently get 30 IVs on their Pokemon. I think my HP Rock Lilligant is 31/x/28/31/28/24, which means it's slower than a 31IV SPD Excadrill. Getting the speed to 24 in the first place took a lot of time, so I can't even imagine how long it'd take to get 30.

I went and caught ditto (outside of safari) until I had one with 30 DEF. Then bred that @ Power Item with a 4IV parent I already had and went from there.

daripad

So this girl challanged me to a battle using mega charizard, lucario, shelgon, lapras and ditto. Poor girl I swept her team and I feel bad for doing so

Kinokou

I went and caught ditto (outside of safari) until I had one with 30 DEF. Then bred that @ Power Item with a 4IV parent I already had and went from there.

I did almost the same, I went to my safari ditto box and cheked the stat range needed for a 30 in 30 to level 35 dittos, then I IV cheked my candidates and got a hit.

J0dy77

Hoping the thread can help me out. I picked up Pokemon X over the holidays and this is my first ever Pokemon game. I was wondering what the long term appeal is for everyone that has played for so long? I'm definitely enjoying the game and have dumped about 30 hours in so far but the single player feels very limited/easy. I'm often very over leveled for the content I'm playing against. Is it the PvP element that makes people dump hundreds of hours into the game? Are there online matchmaking systems/rankings for the game?

I guess my overall point is that I'm enjoying the game so far and collecting the different mob types but not sure I see the long term appeal/hook for me. If the online competition is easy to get into and very deep I can see myself enjoying the game for some time but not sure where to start. Basically, what is the end game that keeps people playing?

Jaeger

I'ma join back up in the breeding, tradfing and battling this week. I think most of da flu has passed through my system, now.

It's only been a few days, but it felt like weeks.

joelseph

Hoping the thread can help me out. I picked up Pokemon X over the holidays and this is my first ever Pokemon game. I was wondering what the long term appeal is for everyone that has played for so long? I'm definitely enjoying the game and have dumped about 30 hours in so far but the single player feels very limited/easy. I'm often very over leveled for the content I'm playing against. Is it the PvP element that makes people dump hundreds of hours into the game? Are there online matchmaking systems/rankings for the game?

I guess my overall point is that I'm enjoying the game so far and collecting the different mob types but not sure I see the long term appeal/hook for me. If the online competition is easy to get into and very deep I can see myself enjoying the game for some time but not sure where to start. Basically, what is the end game that keeps people playing?

While the postgame in X/Y is not as large as other games in earlier generations the meat of the gaming experience does occur "post" game after you beat the story.

The PSS on the bottom screen is your portal to online battling.

To get ready for online battles you will want to breed competitive pokemon.

To get those competitive pokemon suited up you will need to spend time in the Battle Mansion getting BP to buy items.

Those 3 activities will take up the majority of your time post game. To give you an idea I put 40 hours into beating the game, I have since put 230 more into the post game activities I listed above.

J0dy77

While the postgame in X/Y is not as large as other games in earlier generations the meat of the gaming experience does occur "post" game after you beat the story.

The PSS on the bottom screen is your portal to online battling.

To get ready for online battles you will want to breed competitive pokemon.

To get those competitive pokemon suited up you will need to spend time in the Battle Mansion getting BP to buy items.

Those 3 activities will take up the majority of your time post game. To give you an idea I put 40 hours into beating the game, I have since put 230 more into the post game activities I listed above.

Thanks, I'll look into it more. I have seen some guides and all of the IV and breeding threads are bit overwhelming but I love depth like that in a game. So you get BP from battling other players, is that how it works? I like PvP more when there is a point to it or at least some reward tied to it.

macklelol

Thanks, I'll look into it more. I have seen some guides and all of the IV and breeding threads are bit overwhelming but I love depth like that in a game. So you get BP from battling other players, is that how it works? I like PvP more when there is a point to it or at least some reward tied to it.

You don't get anything from battling other people (I guess you win/lose points if you're doing ranked matches). You get BP from battling NPCs in the Battle Maison.

MicH

Anyone up for a battle - single or perhaps multi if enough people are up for it? I wanna try out my newly bred mons

J0dy77

You don't get anything from battling other people (I guess you win/lose points if you're doing ranked matches). You get BP from battling NPCs in the Battle Maison.

Saw a bit more on this after I posted, thanks for the reply. Last question for now, are there any early game, easy to obtain Pokemon that I should focus on raising while playing the single player game? I've just been relying heavily on Greninja and Blazikin to one shot everything.

macklelol

Saw a bit more on this after I posted, thanks for the reply. Last question for now, are there any early game, easy to obtain Pokemon that I should focus on raising while playing the single player game? I've just been relying heavily on Greninja and Blazikin to one shot everything.

Just use whatever you want, but try to capture lots of Pokemon on the way.

oh god magic bounce

Why didn't I see it coming!?

lol

Man, I really don't have an answer for Ferrothorn.

Sigmaah

New 5-6iv perfect shinies obtained: pineco, chansey, Marill, Riolu, murkrow, magnemite(hp fire), bagon, staryu, gligar, kabuto, Honedge, PIDGEY, ferrothorn and Nidoran M

SWAG.

macklelol

New 5-6iv perfect shinies obtained: pineco, chansey, Marill, Riolu, murkrow, magnemite(hp fire), bagon, staryu, gligar, kabuto, Honedge, PIDGEY, ferrothorn and Nidoran M

SWAG.

You should clone me one of those Magnemites ;)

not serious, but good stuff you got there.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

SWAG.

Still want that aggronite, by chance? I'll trade it for a Honedge. :p

But seriously, if you still need/want the aggronite, let me know. I'm free most of today, am going to try and get some more ditto cloning done.

MicH

Anyone got a female Solar Power Charmander and/or a female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur in luxury balls? Trying to catch a Charmander now but all are male. Curses! And I don't have a Bulbasaur safari :/

Sigmaah

But seriously, if you still need/want the aggronite, let me know. I'm free most of today, am going to try and get some more ditto cloning done.

Wait, you can clone yourself?! I'll just give you the mons you want and u can go ahead and clone them yourself!

Metroidvania

Wait, you can clone yourself?! I'll just give you the mons you want and u can go ahead and clone them yourself!

Haha, yeah dude, I was wondering if I forgot to mention that.

Friend is totally engrossed in his PS4, gave me his 3ds for a while.

joelseph

Fletchling line of birds you find at the start of the game. Eventually evolves into a Flying/Fire type that has the Flame Body ability. Flame body outside of battle shortens the time it takes to hatch eggs. Couple that with the fact that you can teach the bird the Fly HM and it never leaves your post game team.

Anyone got a female Solar Power Charmander and/or a female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur in luxury balls? Trying to catch a Charmander now but all are male. Curses! And I don't have a Bulbasaur safari :/

Lead your team with a Pokémon that has the Cute Charm ability and is male.

You'll find mostly females.

DaBoss

Don't have one :/ I'll keep trying
Minccino.

I can give you a Solar Power female Charmander, but it only has 2 IVs and I've been breeding to get one that is better IV'd, and so far, RNG has been screwing me over.

I think I need a Clorophyll Bulbasaur in a Luxury Ball too.

MicH

Yeah, man. Cute Charm increases the likelihood of finding mons of the opposite gender if the Cute Charm mon leads the team.

Saves you a hell of a lot of time. I learned it recently myself really. :lol

Jigglypuff? That's what I use.
All of mine have Competetive for some reason

Minccino.

I can give you a Solar Power female Charmander, but it only has 2 IVs and I've been breeding to get one that is better IV'd, and so far, RNG has been screwing me over.

I think I need a Clorophyll Bulbasaur myself in a Luxury Ball.
That would be great. IVs don't matter

EDIT: Thanks DaBoss!

Yeah, man. Cute Charm increases the likelihood of finding mons of the opposite gender if the Cute Charm mon leads the team.

Saves you a hell of a lot of time. I learned it recently myself really. :lol

Jigglypuff? That's what I use.

I think my Sylveon is male. Sweet.

I actually have a bunch of female Combee from my berry patches.

Scratch

Could I get one of those Dittos that you clone please ?

Metroidvania

Alright, after DarthOrange and Scratch get their Dittos, I have 4 left in case people still need them.

Darth, either PM me your FC and IGN or post it here.

Mine is 3153-3730-9713. IGN is Met.

Top Bottom