• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
THANKS A BUNCH! But I won't be home until around 10pm PST so if you wan't to wait until tomorrow or you will be free at that time that would be great.

2981-6627-3988
IGN is Marco

Hmm. I might be up that late, but if not, I'll be free most of the day tomorrow. I'll add you, in any event.

Sigmaah, you got dem shinies for clonin', by chance?

Thanks! Wow, Destiny Knot too. I've been breeding with 2 IV dittos. so this will make life much easier lol.

No problem, and yeah, it will definitely help.

MicH

So I'm running a Charizard Y set and I can't decide between Air Slash or Roost for his final spot (Fire Blast, Solar Beam and Dragon Pulse are the other moves). Is Roost worth it on him? Can he even last that long where Roost will be useful?

Has anyone here used Charizard Y with Roost?

Oswen

So I'm running a Charizard Y set and I can't decide between Air Slash or Roost for his final spot (Fire Blast, Solar Beam and Dragon Pulse are the other moves). Is Roost worth it on him? Can he even last that long where Roost will be useful?

I'd go with either Air Slash or Focus Blast, Roost is nice but i wouldn't use it on MegaCharY.

Special or Physical for M.Lucario? I'm leaning towards special because I'm sick of being Will-OWisp'd. And Timid or Modest nature?

I haven't tried Roost, but Air Slash isn't that useful in my experience. It seems to do less damage even when super effective than a sun boosted Fire Blast. But I might be wrong there. I don't do calcs or anything. :p

MicH

I'd go with either Air Slash or Focus Blast, Roost is nice but i wouldn't use it on MegaCharY.
Thanks, that's what I thought. Probably gonna go with Air Slash for now, but Focus Blast is definitely an option

I haven't tried Roost, but Air Slash isn't that useful in my experience. It seems to do less damage even when super effective than a sun boosted Fire Blast.
I think Air Slash is useful for fighting and other Fire types. I'll have to experiment with it to find out if I'll replace it with Focus Blast. Thanks!

TWILT

Banned

Go for Focus Blast in the last slot for more coverage. Air Slash isn't really that powerful and I don't think CharY will last long enough for Roost.

OceanBlue

Special or Physical for M.Lucario? I'm leaning towards special because I'm sick of being Will-OWisp'd. And Timid or Modest nature?

I kinda want to try a special Mega Lucario as well, so I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm probably going to breed a Timid Lucario first. A Modest Mega Lucario, even with 252 speed EVs, is slower than base 100 speed Pokemon with a speed boosting nature and 252 speed EVs. This includes Pokemon like Charizard, Volcarona, Salamence, Staraptor, Garchomp, Mega Pinsir, etc.

What kind of moveset would you give a special Lucario?

DaBoss

I'm just on my way to bed, but do you wanna borrow my 5 IV female that I ended up with? Just finished training her
That would help greatly, thanks for offering.

I just got a batch full of 3 IVs with one parent with 5 IVs, and the mother you gave me with 4 IVs. Most troublesome one so far.

And all of them are Solar Power...lol...

DaBoss

Thank you very much MicH. I'll make it relearn any moves it forgets.
Added you DB. Mine is 3024-5265-5661. I can give you a porygon
K, added you. Send me a trade request when you see me online.

Also, you don't need to give me a Porygon, just give me anything.

MicH

That would help greatly, thanks for offering.

I just got a batch full of 3 IVs with one parent with 5 IVs, and the mother you gave me with 4 IVs. Most troublesome one so far.

And all of them are Solar Power...lol...
That's just the worst. When I bred Noibats yesterday Ai was in the exact same situation. 3 IV children when you have a 5 IV and a 4 IV parent makes me wanna scream lol

SeZMehK

Thank you very much MicH. I'll make it relearn any moves it forgets.

K, added you. Send me a trade request when you see me online.

Also, you don't need to give me a Porygon, just give me anything.

That's just the worst. When I bred Noibats yesterday Ai was in the exact same situation. 3 IV children when you have a 5 IV and a 4 IV parent makes me wanna scream lol

How about 2 6 iv parents and getting 2 iv offspring... >.>

DaBoss

It should have 4 IVs Quest1. I just almost never mark 4 IV Pokemon and just put them in a box for others to have.
Yea, the closest I've been to this level of frustration was with Zubats, but then I got 2 perfect ones after.
How about 2 6 iv parents and getting 2 iv offspring... >.>
You forgetting to put a Destiny Knot is not comparable! :p

SeZMehK

Nub, SeZ, will you be available to trade in about ten minutes or so? I've got both of the things you asked for!

It should have 4 IVs Quest1.

Yea, the closest I've been to this level of frustration was with Zubats, but then I got 2 perfect ones after.

You forgetting to put a Destiny Knot is not comparable! :p

No I had destiny knot. BTW I seem to have gotten a spotpass notification on pokemon. >.<

OceanBlue

OB yes I do. Add my FC and post yours

I already have you added. My IGN is Haruka. I have Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, Klefki, Froakie, Gible, Goomy, and Gligar. Lol, I've been getting a lot of popular Pokemon so I don't have anything that most of GAF doesn't have already.

Korosenai

Does anyone have a reset bag they'd be willing to use on my Crobat? I've been trying for what seems like two hours to get one and it's just not showing up. I can offer a 4 iv / 0 speed Ferroseed for your troubles.

Nub, SeZ, will you be available to trade in about ten minutes or so? I've got both of the things you asked for!
Yes I will. Do you want a male or female Inkay? I only have a spare female Slakoth right now so I hope that's ok.

DaBoss

No I had destiny knot. BTW I seem to have gotten a spotpass notification on pokemon. >.<
But that's impossible with a Destiny Knot on one of them.
OMG MY HOLOCASTER IS UPDATING! >.<
Meh, nothing interesting regarding the update. :/
Well? What is it about lol? Don't leave us hanging.
Does anyone have a reset bag they'd be willing to use on my Crobat? I've been trying for what seems like two hours to get one and it's just not showing up. I can offer a 4 iv / 0 speed Ferroseed for your troubles.
I can do it. No need to give me anything for it.

I have 5 and it is taking up so much space.

DaBoss

Oh, well that is uninteresting lol.

But this is...

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
MicH's Charizard
w6JL7DL.gif
w6JL7DL.gif

First egg: 31/xx/31/31/31/31 Solar Power Charizard

And the 4th egg had the same thing.
You ready to trade?

Awesome! Will you be available to trade tonight?
Online now.

Tirod

Wow PokeGAF has been busy posting away. My last semester was too much of an attention draw, glad to be back around here.

If anyone has a spare moment, could you help my Feebas evolve? I really wish Prism Scale was a Use item rather than trade.

I can provide a Bold 5 IV Feebas of your own in return if you wish.

DaBoss

That Drilbur was for you to keep Nub. :p

But I'm gonna give it something useful for you and then trade it to you.

Kee Berry + Maranga Berry at the Juice Shoppe can reset EVs. Just put them in the Berry Field and grow them. You can use the berry mixing in the Juice Shoppe once a day though.

Korosenai

Thanks DaBoss! Now to go train this Crobat the right way.

That Drilbur was for you to keep Nub. :p

But I'm gonna give it something useful for you and then trade it to you.

I already have a 5v Drilbur :p, but I don't have a maranga berry yet.

Edit:
Kee Berry + Maranga Berry at the Juice Shoppe can reset EVs. Just put them in the Berry Field and grow them. You can use the berry mixing in the Juice Shoppe once a day though.
Oh damn, really? I need to go plant them then.

I kinda want to try a special Mega Lucario as well, so I'm interested in knowing this too. I'm probably going to breed a Timid Lucario first. A Modest Mega Lucario, even with 252 speed EVs, is slower than base 100 speed Pokemon with a speed boosting nature and 252 speed EVs. This includes Pokemon like Charizard, Volcarona, Salamence, Staraptor, Garchomp, Mega Pinsir, etc.

What kind of moveset would you give a special Lucario?

I was thinking Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Flash Cannon and Nasty Plot.

I've just trained a Hitmonchan with Vacuum Wave and now I'm realizing that Riolu is a baby Pokemon and I'll need to max happiness before it can breed. And then the IVs will probably be shit because Hitmonchan is a bad father ;_; This is going to be Togepi all over again.

Does anyone have a female Lucario with nice IVs I could borrow? Pleeeeeease.

N2LW-WWWW-WWW4-DFA6

Based Crawd.

Seriously though, Crawdaunt has earned a spot in my Top 5 favourites as of this gen. He's gotten me out of so many jams :)

Holy shit! First batch of Riolu babies trying to get a female and I get a shiny instead. It somehow came out Adamant too (wasn't using an Everstone) LOL

It doesn't have perfect attack though :(

daripad

Guys, best ways of levelling up apart from the Chateau, O-Power and Audino Safari?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Lucky Egg :p

Top Bottom