• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hah, so I've burned out from playing and watching Pokemon streams from Twitch so naturally I move on to watching NicoNico streams. Best decision ever.

Wichu

Just traded my Friend Safari-caught shiny Frogadier and random shiny Trapinch I got in a trade for a shiny Deino and shiny Gardevoir, with some guy who randomly sent me a trade request.
Turns out the Deino and Gardevoir are (possibly cloned) Instacheck shinies with perfect IVs (though their owner had given them random EVs while leveling them up).
On the one hand, Instacheck shinies are basically worthless, but on the other, perfect IVs :p

MicH

Why do none if these female Trevenant have Harvest?!

:(

EDIT I am such an idiot. I have a friend safari with Phantump!! I want to slap myself

Usobuko

Banned
Zorua - All Modest; Illusion; all Egg Moves (Counter and Dark Pulse)

x1 (Males) : 31/31/31/31/31/X

Kangaskhan - Adamant; Scrappy; no egg moves
x1 (Female) : 31/31X/31/31/31.

I would like to ask for this. I keen to try Adamant Kangaskhan since mine is Jolly.

Wichu

So I'm trying to get a Lonely Riolu with 0 HP/Def/Sp.Def IVs. Currently breeding Dedenne since it was my only Field-group Lonely Pokémon, trying for 0/31/0/x/0/31.

And I just hatched a shiny. Lonely x/x/0/0/0/31 Pickup.

BEST SHINY EVER

SeZMehK

Good morning pokegaf. I am still on the hunt for pokebank females in luxury balls. I found someone with a tynamo in a luxury ball. He's being stingy. >.>

onslack

Quick noob question which I can't seem to find a decent answer for so hopefully you guys will know

Hopefully this will make sense -

If I was to take my Y cartridge out of my 3ds would my friend safri reset causing me to loose all the pokemon HA's etc ?

or because I've been online and registered my friends 3rd pokemon etc ( if they have beat the E4) would pokemon with HA's still be there if those people don't come back online for a while ?

Wichu

Quick noob question which I can't seem to find a decent answer for so hopefully you guys will know

Hopefully this will make sense -

If I was to take my Y cartridge out of my 3ds would my friend safri reset causing me to loose all the pokemon HA's etc ?

or because I've been online and registered my friends 3rd pokemon etc ( if they have beat the E4) would pokemon with HA's still be there if those people don't come back online for a while ?

They'll still be there. I used my X cartridge in another 3DS for a while, and when I put it back in my normal one, I could still get HAs and 3rd Pokémon.

MicH

Project Trevenant are a-go

Man, there are so many awesome sets for this dude. Going for the ChestroRest set now, but I oculd definitely see myself building a Trick Room team with this guy in the future. Already have several 0 Speed monsters waiting to be bred and trained

MicH

Okay, woah!!

The female Harvest Phantump I caught in the friend safari is a 4 IV one! This is crazy! 31/31/31/x/31/x

This just got a whole lot easier lol

freoleo29

I know i have asked a few times in the past two days...
buuuutt does anyone have any of those 6 iv ditto's left?
I have 5 iv Chimchars, Claunchers, Honedge's or Mawiles to give.

Okay, woah!!

The female Harvest Phantump I caught in the friend safari is a 4 IV one! This is crazy! 31/31/31/x/31/x

This just got a whole lot easier lol

Harvest is a really cool ability. There's this Youtuber who runs a Tropius with Harvest and Sitrus Berry combined with Leech Seed/Protect. Very annoying set. I'd imagine it'd be even more effective with Trevenant's superior stats and typing.

Edit: oh God, Trevenant gets Will-O-Wisp too. Even more annoying.

MicH

I call dibs on a female reject :p
Definitely :D

Harvest is a really cool ability. There's this Youtuber who runs a Tropius with Harvest and Sitrus Berry combined with Leech Seed/Protect. Very annoying set. I'd imagine it'd be even more effective with Trevenant's superior stats and typing.
Harvest is such a fun ability, but it can definitely bite you if it decides not to harvest your berry when you need it :p

Harvest Tropius sounds amazingly fun

gaf, when i finally get pokebank i have some cloning fodder for collector..
timid trio of bird, (2 of 3 have the HA), with 6IV (some stat have 28-29 iv, rest 25-26),,,
Can't even remember how many reset it costed me...
Reset so many times on different games to catch them all.. barf+ :p
i want to believe that pokebank will come soon..

Wichu

gaf, when i finally get pokebank i have some cloning fodder for collector..
timid trio of bird, (2 of 3 have the HA), with 6IV (some stat have 28-29 iv, rest 25-26),,,
Can't even remember how many reset it costed me...
Reset so many times on different games to catch them all.. barf+ :p
i want to believe that pokebank will come soon..

6IV usually means 31 in all stats. Which birds? Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres? Those weren't released with their HAs as far as I'm aware...

J0dy77

After just finishing the story in X and this being my first ever Pokemon game, are there any other games I should go back and play? Is it more about collecting the pokemon in the different games or are some games worth it for the gameplay/story?

MicH

God damn it

When I FINALLY get my perfect Phantump it has Frisk

/dead

EDIT aaaand the last one in the batch is a perfect female Harvest Phantump 31/31/31/x/31/31

troll redeemed yessss

DaBoss

After just finishing the story in X and this being my first ever Pokemon game, are there any other games I should go back and play? Is it more about collecting the pokemon in the different games or are some games worth it for the gameplay/story?
It's about collecting, trading, and battling with other people mostly. The story/adventure and see how the series would be a reason to play other games progressed I guess, but the only games with an interesting story is Black/White, so playing for the story is not really advised for Pokemon games.

What Pokemon are you using?

In the battle spot, unless your team consists of shark dragon. suicide bird and washing machine, you probably won't win too often. In 6v6 you can play around it if you're smart.

I play doubles. I use a Zapdos, Espeon, Mega Mawile, Garchomp, Volcarono, and Greninja. I win 60% of the time! Too many losses though.

Apparently, there was a Japanese guy giving out shiny Lugia this morning in the GTS for random easy-to-get Pokémon. I didn't get the time to look for him, but my friend ended up snatching three of them.

J0dy77

It's about collecting, trading, and battling with other people mostly. The story/adventure and see how the series would be a reason to play other games progressed I guess, but the only games with an interesting story is Black/White, so playing for the story is not really advised for Pokemon games.

Figured as much. I guess the follow-up question is what version should I get for the collecting aspect? Any version have some rare/legendary pokemon that are must have?

Korosenai

What is everyone's favorite Battlespot? I enjoy doubles!
I primarily play singles. This is the first gen where I've gotten into competitive battling, so I'm starting at singles and working my way up. I really want to play doubles, though I'm pretty sure I'd get destroyed.

DaBoss

I should really put the game in sleep mode when I'm not playing. I've accumulated so many hours by just letting the game in idle, but I can't help it with AGDQ being on right now lol.
Figured as much. I guess the follow-up question is what version should I get for the collecting aspect? Any version have some rare/legendary pokemon that are must have?
Well you can catch nearly every non-legendary Pokemon in X/Y. The games with the least amount of Pokemon in the game are Gen 5 (Black/White and Black 2/White 2). Legendary Pokemon would be the most rare. I'm not sure which game has the most legendary Pokemon obtainable. I would assume Black 2/White 2 and Platinum have the most, but it should be noted that only Gen 5 games will work with Pokemon Transporter/Bank, so you can't transfer Pokemon from Platinum to X/Y without Black/White/Black 2/White 2.
Anyone got a male Prankster Sableye w/ Recover or a female in a luxury ball?
Yea, I do.

MicH

Yea, I do.
Oh god, yes, can I borrow it? I just need to breed a new female in a luxury ball so I can make my own Sableye. My lack of friend safaris are hurting me :p

Have you trained a Trevenant yet? I have some extra females in luxury balls you can have

MicH

No.

Thanks.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Do you want it back when I'm done with it?

I just watched a video someone getting pounded by the Truant + Shadow Tag combination with Durant and Gothitelle. Man that is scary!

6IV usually means 31 in all stats. Which birds? Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres? Those weren't released with their HAs as far as I'm aware...

are you sure?
because i'm sure i have those...
rerolled till i got 5iv//6iv myself , then i traded over gts for 5iv +ha for i think articuno and zapdos..
the catch date is earlier than the whole pokebuilder fiasco, so i assume they're legit..
can anyone shed some light?
i thought that legendary just had check for shiny lockout, and they could indeed spawn with HA.
shouldn't gts have locked me out of "unobtainable" pokemon if that wasn't legit and indeed was hacked?

Np, you saved me a ton of time from having to do those pkmn on my own. Thanks!

Nah, it'll work. That dratini knew espeed before but the daycare made it forget. Just heart scale it back on before you breed it again.

You're right. Didn't know you could do that.

And I just realized females can pass egg moves.

Top Bottom