• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

JoeM86

Junichi Masuda actually left Twitter for a few weeks because of some of the absolute vile crap people were tweeting him about Bank & Transporter. He went on to explain that it's not Game Freak's issue and that there wasn't much he could say about it.

I hate the Internet at times. When things go wrong, people turn utterly horrid.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Junichi Masuda actually left Twitter for a few weeks because of some of the absolute vile crap people were tweeting him about Bank & Transporter. He went on to explain that it's not Game Freak's issue and that there wasn't much he could say about it.

Damn, people are so fucking idiotic sometimes.

Sigmaah

Ppl are so weird. I understand that it's upsetting but there's no need to go ape shit over this lmao. I'm sitting here, still playing pokemon and enjoying the hell out of it WITHOUT BANK.

Their plans didn't go as expected. OH WELL. Be quiet, be patient, let them fix what they gotta fix and then they'll release it.

But savages will still be savages.

L.O.R.D

Muku

Bit sad it's still not up, but no way I'd ever go spew venom on someone regarding it. Especially someone that has nothing to do with it. Should at least educate themselves who to complain at if they're going to even bother. It'll get up at some point. Sooner would be better, but can't sweat the small stuff. Makes me sad though when folks have to distance themselves from it for a bit because it gets too bad. How would they like being complained at non stop at work? (For nothing you have control of.)
It sucks.

spiritfox

I've already gotten most of what I want from the Bank through trading, so I don't even need it anymore. The only Pokemon I want to transfer over are my Legendaries.

JoeM86

The worst thing is the amount of racist crap that goes around now because of it. I see it often on GameFAQs, but I ban it instantly on my forums.

A lot of people have the misconception that Bank is available to all Japanese players, despite the fact only a small amount who managed to get through the server problems do.

Then there's the whole events thing. People whining about Japan getting all the events, which is fair enough (although I have explained why countless times), but then start pushing racist remarks and claiming GameFreak etc. is racist and favour Japan.

Sigh.

Muku

Internet can bring some of the best out in people... but also some of the worst in folks. Being anonymous allows them to do whatever they feel like it. Glad to hear you nip it in the bud over there.

Events aren't even all they are cracked up to be from what I've seen so far. They limit how many folks per day can get the Pokemon or whatever. And the line fills up WAY before time even really gets going. Plus it's pretty much all kids, so you feel like the odd one out being an adult and no child in tow, haha. I just want more wifi stuff for US just because well, I don't have option to go to any real life events in mean time.

Any time someone feels like they've been wronged they take out the racist remarks and all. I don't even get that. It's depressing.

On a side note, did anyone get the Christmas Pokemon from TRU or Pokemon Center last month? I got kind of screwed on that. Inkay is still being given out til later this month but haven't bothered to go. It's only Yokohama, but ugh at same time. Event Pokemon can be cloned, yeah?

JoeM86

Internet can bring some of the best out in people... but also some of the worst in folks. Being anonymous allows them to do whatever they feel like it. Glad to hear you nip it in the bud over there.

Events aren't even all they are cracked up to be from what I've seen so far. They limit how many folks per day can get the Pokemon or whatever. And the line fills up WAY before time even really gets going. Plus it's pretty much all kids, so you feel like the odd one out being an adult and no child in tow, haha. I just want more wifi stuff for US just because well, I don't have option to go to any real life events in mean time.

Any time someone feels like they've been wronged they take out the racist remarks and all. I don't even get that. It's depressing.

On a side note, did anyone get the Christmas Pokemon from TRU or Pokemon Center last month? I got kind of screwed on that. Inkay is still being given out til later this month but haven't bothered to go. It's only Yokohama, but ugh at same time. Event Pokemon can be cloned, yeah?

The Gengar/Scizor distribution was a shamble. Not only did they have to trade it rather than Mystery Gift, they did it by a lottery but didn't make this overly clear before it began. So many people showed up and hassles came.

For the most part, America gets all the major events. All Mythical Pokémon given and various tie-ins, too, including many on Wi-Fi that weren't Wi-Fi in Japan. The minor ones that the west doesn't get are contextually invalid for the US, such as Happy Hour Inkay and the Level 99 Golden Magikarp. It makes no sense for them to come.

Muku

The Gengar/Scizor distribution was a shamble. Not only did they have to trade it rather than Mystery Gift, they did it by a lottery but didn't make this overly clear before it began. So many people showed up and hassles came.

Wait, the line was just to get into a lottery so not all of those folks were even served? I know it was kind of vague before it began, but I read the website and did state they limited how much per day... but I assumed all those who got in line were given one? I didn't find out until right before I left one morning that even then you have to CHOOSE which one, you don't even get both. Fortunately I had my husband in tow with his 3DS and my copy of Y (since X is my main) for him to get other in case, haha. Also found out right before I left that morning that it was a trade thing. Fortunately getting junk Pokemon is easy. Have them on X... but Y well I only have bare bones there so went and caught one for nothing.

Are they also limiting the Inkay?

EDIT: I hated the Pikachu 3DS LL thing. They gave no information. Had a month open to preorder. Go there a week after it started.. get told "LOL it sold out day 1." Then why the hell would you have stated a month available to preorder it if it was even limited to such extremes? I have found the stuff here is such a crock with little to no information until it's too late. GG

JoeM86

Wait, the line was just to get into a lottery so not all of those folks were even served? I know it was kind of vague before it began, but I read the website and did state they limited how much per day... but I assumed all those who got in line were given one? I didn't find out until right before I left one morning that even then you have to CHOOSE which one, you don't even get both. Fortunately I had my husband in tow with his 3DS and my copy of Y (since X is my main) for him to get other in case, haha. Just didn't work out at all though. :|

Are they also limiting the Inkay?

EDIT: I hated the Pikachu 3DS LL thing. They gave no information. Had a month open to preorder. Go there a week after it started.. get told "LOL it sold out day 1." Then why the hell would you have stated a month available to preorder it if it was even limited to such extremes? I have found the stuff here is such a crock with little to no information until it's too late. GG

Na, the rest of the events are downloads, usually Wireless but sometimes IR. If IR, you are in line and they do sometimes say 1 per customer so the line can move, but you can return with another game to get it).

Muku

Na, the rest of the events are downloads, usually Wireless but sometimes IR. If IR, you are in line and they do sometimes say 1 per customer so the line can move, but you can return with another game to get it).

Okay, so Christmas Pokemon they were just being weird about then I guess. I was wondering why trade versus wireless. 1 per customer is fine because I usually bring my husband. He is technically another customer.

Might have to think about getting Inkay then. If nothing else, could give him to a cloner and get him cloned for anyone.

On a side note, whether it be a trade or wireless, none of these should stop someone with a US copy of X or Y from getting the Pokemon, right? I read early on the Inkay was a region free thing so then I began to wonder are there some that aren't or is it due to distribution?

one_kill

Okay, so Christmas Pokemon they were just being weird about then I guess. I was wondering why trade versus wireless. 1 per customer is fine because I usually bring my husband. He is technically another customer.

Might have to think about getting Inkay then. If nothing else, could give him to a cloner and get him cloned for anyone.
Is this the Inkay that knows Happy Hour?

Would be awesome if people here worked together to clone it like they did for the 6IV Ditto.

JoeM86

On a side note, whether it be a trade or wireless, none of these should stop someone with a US copy of X or Y from getting the Pokemon, right? I read early on the Inkay was a region free thing so then I began to wonder are there some that aren't or is it due to distribution?
I was under the impression that it had to be a game from Japan, but could be any language. Will check with a friend of mine.

ugoo18

Scizor distribution?

What's special about the Gengar and Scizor being distributed?

JoeM86

Scizor distribution?

What's special about the Gengar and Scizor being distributed?

In Japan, for Christmas, they did a special promotion of two Pokémon that evolve via trade and then Mega Evolve. You go to the place and get traded a Haunter or a Scyther holding the Metal Coat. They will then evolve for you right on your screen.

The way they organised it and distributed it was just horrid

Muku

In Japan, for Christmas, they did a special promotion of two Pokémon that evolve via trade and then Mega Evolve. You go to the place and get traded a Haunter or a Scyther holding the Metal Coat. They will then evolve for you right on your screen.

The way they organised it and distributed it was just horrid

Pretty much them in a nutshell for everything I've dealt with so far. Exception though was Charizard 3DS LL. I think they learned from the Pikachu fail. Even though lottery would be considered a WTF in States, I was willing to take it here for a chance at the LL, since I lost my chance at Pikachu JP and NA wise. ><

Tiamant

I snagged a copy of Pokémon X so I'll be able to start a new game and make a Wonderlocke!

I'll capture 5 pokes at the first batch of grass and wondertrade all my team (starter included) until I get level 1-5 pokes. Dead poke is wondertraded for another one that can't be more leveled than the rest of the party, no exp-share, only 1 pokemon center use per town except if I'm out of attacking PP's, 1000 pokédollars at first town adding 500 more for each new town I visit, nothing more. Of course no legendaries or megas, that's for pussies.

Wish me luck Pokegaf!

MicH

Good luck Tiamant. Wonderlocke sounds fun!

I think I'm gonna try to MM a Porygon or a Staryu. I hated doing it with Ralts, but I've bred so many new mons in the last week that I kinda want to do this.

I will regret it. Wish me luck!

Spinluck

thanks for the info
i am now the new owner of shiny mew
gRaHyDj.jpg

do you still have that shiny greninja ?

:-O

Spinluck

Six ivs too? We need to clone this shiz asap lol.

Pls

I will be able to clone mons by next week.

btw guys. what's the best set to run with an Iron Fist Infernape I've already gotten ivs taken cared of. (best nature, moves, etc)

I want this guy to do some damage.

Growlie19

Trying to complete the national dex before Pokébank finally comes out. Just missing Porygon2 and Z, Raikou, the Feebas line, Registeel, Lati@s, Kyogre, Groudon, the Cherubi line, the Finneon Line, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Tornadus, Thundurus, Reshiram, and Landorus.

But my God, the GTS is awful trying to get them. There are very few fair/doable trades, and the ones that are doable are already taken. I'm sorry, but Xerneas is not an acceptable trade for a Cherubi. You're not getting an Arceus anytime soon, either.

Tiamant

What the hell!? I recieved an Avalugg with HM moves through Wondertrade and now it says it can't be traded because it freaking knows said moves, then how could it be traded in the first place?

fek

What the hell!? I recieved an Avalugg with HM moves through Wondertrade and now it says it can't be traded because it freaking knows said moves, then how could it be traded in the first place?
I think you can trade it if it's in your PC instead of your party.

MicH

I traded my Charizard to my German version to get to friend safari and I can't get it back because of Fly :(

Frost_Ace

I'm finally at the point where I can catch Xerneas, dunno if I should try to soft reset for a good one :/

nothing new on the RNG front?

I went to Japan in November and was told I couldn't get any events unless I was using a Japanese 3DS/game. My friend who lives in Kyoto also told me there's a note that says the same thing in Pokemon Centers.

As for the Pikachu 3DS, that was horribly handled. I'm lucky I could get one from my friend's store later, although they charged me 300 -_- I'm also baffled that Nintendo isn't releasing the Charizard or Eevee 3DSes here, considering how popular those characters are.

Top Bottom